1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chinese Release, Sale, Worker, Language News & Patch 1.6.4

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Noontide, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Noontide

Noontide Award Winning Community Manager Dev Team

2. gregored13

gregored13 Ghoul

I just played one of the new maps, and thought I noticed something odd. Has the amount of tilt for the camera been changed? It seems that there is less of a tilt than there was yesterday, before the patch came out.

3. Valtiel

Valtiel Warden

Oooh, new scenario maps.

4. BlackBeard

BlackBeard Bafu

lol so all the translations of the community are useless .... great

it's not a nice news for all the "amateur translators" of the wfto community.

I'm happy for a professional translation, but all the time we've spent translating 9000 lines of text was a useless job.

5. Electrolight

Electrolight Priestess Backer

Everyone should just learn English, problem solved!

6. Biervampir [AUT]

Biervampir [AUT] Bafu

If it would be so easy to say, that everyone shoudl learn that, we could learn people how to sustain world peace, but that's an impossible thing :/ (At least in my mind)

7. Noontide

Noontide Award Winning Community Manager Dev Team

Hey Blackbeard,

I can certainly appreciate your frustration on this and I want you to know that all the work you, and other community translators have put in is something that we truly, truly appreciate. As I said in the initial announcement we were never happy with the situation that we were faced with and we introduced Community translations as a way of providing tools so that dedicated members of the community could help fill the gap for their languages.

You are amongst those who went above and beyond for your countrymen and we can't tell you enough how much that we appreciate that fact, and we're sure many of your audience have appreciated it as well. When we came to deciding whether to resume support of these languages we considered the impact it would have on the community, whether its a sound financial investment and all the work put in by some of the affected languages community translations. It's not a decision we came to lightly.

In fact we considered that if a region had a stable Community Translation whether we should just forego the effort entirely, but looking at it we couldn't justify a one but not all approach. We decided it would be all or nothing and it wasn't fair to leave users out simply because their region already has community support or because financially the investment is unlikely to see returns.

Ultimately we decided that even if there's not a strong financial incentive, we are stable enough now to restore some of what we were forced to remove, to give these translations a second lease of life and improve the experience for anyone within the deprecated languages. As it stands it's unlikely we'll actually make our money back from this endeavour but we felt we owed it to our players in these regions. To give them the experience we wanted to give from the start.

This does indeed mean that a new official translation will be instated at some point in the future, but I don't believe this is the end for community translators. If nothing else there's one thing you have over any official translator and that's the knowledge and understanding of the game. It's entirely possible that your existing community translation will be superior to any official translation we do simply due to the added context.

To that end we'd be more than happy to continue supporting you and others in your efforts to provide the best experience possible, if you wish to do that by providing direct feedback on official translations or overwriting them with your own version it's very much appreciated. Sadly we're still not in the position to QA all languages, in fact only Chinese has had such treatment thanks to the fact that we managed it almost entirely in-house (with our chinese team member QAing everyword.) For future titles I'd love to do so much more but for now at least we hope that this will serve the Itallian and other communities well.

I can only say I'm sorry if you feel your efforts went to waste, all I can say is that I don't think that is the case, and I think that the Itallian community is only stronger because of the efforts you put in and that we appreciate how you rose to the challenge when we were not able to.

Thank you,

Lee

8. BlackBeard

BlackBeard Bafu

I'm happy for official language support .. I love WFTO (is the second most played title in my Steam library, the first is The Witcher 3).
    I appreciate your effort to make these translations and I understand that it is your first game as a developer (with all the difficulties of the case), but I think all "unofficial translators" have thought the same thing ...
    so my work will remain in the workshop..ok, but no one will ever look for translation (unofficial) if there is the official translation ^^ (though worse).
    Cloe gave me a lot of help with IT translation, but 70% was translated by me (we have now translated 7500 text lines .. the version of the workshop contains 6500 lines translated), I would have preferred spending my free time playing with WFTO : P
    but hey .. it was our choice because we love WFTO and we want them to stay in memory of who plays.
    said this, I will continue with the IT translation:cool:

P.S. Richard talks too much :D

translation by google sorry:D