• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Concentrated Community Effort: The Wiki Project

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
No we'll be seeing an official wiki sometime in the future and it'll be hosted on Subterranean games' servers, so either we'll see it hosted at one of the domain names we know e.g. wiki.wftogame.com or we'll see an entirely new domain name e.g. wftowiki.com

So we won't be seeing the official wiki on wikia.com or other sites not owned by STgames.

Once there's more news I'm sure we'll be seeing an update on it :D

Peetfighter

Augre
WFTO Founder
Jan 23, 2013
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
No we'll be seeing an official wiki sometime in the future and it'll be hosted on Subterranean games' servers, so either we'll see it hosted at one of the domain names we know e.g. wiki.wftogame.com or we'll see an entirely new domain name e.g. wftowiki.com

So we won't be seeing the official wiki on wikia.com or other sites not owned by STgames.

Once there's more news I'm sure we'll be seeing an update on it :D
Is good :cool:

Feb 7, 2013
Well damn, I bought a domain and everything 'cause I hate wikia so damned much! Oh well, official wikis are always the best.

Any news on this 'official wiki', Noon? AvIII? Eek?... ANYONE :D!!!
As I saw few days ago the wiki is not regularly updated. Anyway that is the wiki is good because all the revealed atm things was only puton image, now there is copyable text and what's more there are sorted categories. :D
There are still not Succubus or the next features. I noticed some typos here, even in text under image with text. :p

BTW, on dkportal will raise expanded library for any features/stuffs.

Eek

Matriarch
WFTO Founder
Oct 22, 2012
Canterbury, Kent
www.leeketh.com
We know that, but something that is ALREADY revealed is not availible for us or just made, that's us the point. :p
I don't understand sorry, but I assume you're referring to an unofficial wiki.
The official one, if you had the URL (which I don't think has been given out), would just display
401 Authorization Required

because it requires permissions to be able to see

I don't understand sorry, but I assume you're referring to an unofficial wiki.
The official one, if you had the URL (which I don't think has been given out), would just display
401 Authorization Required

because it requires permissions to be able to see

Ah, so that on warfortheoverworld.wikia.com is unofficial, I understand, sorry then for bothering You. :)

Varon

Bafu
WFTO Founder
Jan 10, 2013
I do think it's great that the excellent creatures at Subterranean games is working on an official wiki. Concentrating the community effort could very well lead to a single very great source for information. At the same time there is value in independent unofficial versions.

While the chance is slim, it can't be ruled out that the loveable people at Subterranean Games is bit by an infected vampire or something, and proceeds to censor, maim and destroy their previous efforts. Or perhaps Sammy becomes bored with it's current minions and sells it all to some crazy werewolf fellow. My point is, it can be nice to have backup. ;)

In addition wikis can have different designs, styles and so on. Some may prefer one or the other. Compare these for instance (random example):
http://uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Skyrim

In short: I welcome an official wiki, but I would be disappointed if alternatives were dissuaded or prevented.

Varon

Bafu
WFTO Founder
Jan 10, 2013
I would prefer a Wiki made with official Wikimedia (Wikipedia) software rather then a Wikia page.
Personally I tend to like websites with dark backgrounds. I feel they are easier on my eyes, while also saving some battery on my portable devices. Wikipedia isn't too hard to customize in that regard. :)

Top Bottom