• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Congratulations

Nov 14, 2011
Hi, I've been a long time lurker of your website and I'd like to congratulate you first up for staying true to the dream of a third dungeon keeper. Ever since I let evil into my heart I've longed for a follow up game and you guys have been doing an amazing job. Secondly, I also understand how touchy people can be with their IP, working in a similar creative industry myself, so further congratulations on having the balls to make the tough call and deciding to take the hard road and creating something unique, perhaps not from scratch, but as an almost spiritual successor. I've been very impressed with what i've seen and even more so with how you've conducted yourselves.

The enitre team should feel proud for what they've accomplished and I can't wait to see what you have in store.

As a final note, not because I feel like I'm a special butterfly or anything, I'm wondering if it would be possible for you to take WAR in a more natural direction with the dungeons, by allowing Z-levels or more organic looking tunnels. One of the things that I often had, not an issue with, but something of a wishlist for, was a more... cavernous? style for the layout, like the thing had been carved from stone, not so much an invisible square had been lumped into the space where dirt once was.

Just a thought.

Kyle

Dwarven Worker
Nov 9, 2011
Scotland
We've had such ideas also, although they would be hard to implement without interfering with gameplay. However we are focused on trying to make the caverns appear more "natural". Also thank you for your support!

Korno Poning

Blood Imp
WFTO Backer
Nov 15, 2011
Hey guys.

I too am a follower of the WtfO development, and I must say it gave me quite a few laughs so keep up the good work and make us DK fans proud!

Anyway, how is the confirmed assets list comming along? You guys were talking about it on the KK forums and I'm really curious to find out what you'll put in into WtfO compared to DK1(/2).

Thanks for making us such a great looking game!

Kyle

Dwarven Worker
Nov 9, 2011
Scotland
Hey Korno, I'm not sure if you meant that we might be using DK units or not. If you weren't, well, we have some units coming and you'll get to hear all them soon ;)

If you were however, then you should probably read our websites 2nd latest post for information on the projects direction.

Korno Poning

Blood Imp
WFTO Backer
Nov 15, 2011
I read it all, believe me, What I meant is total in-game assets like room/creature/trap types but also gameplay mechanics (like scavenger(I know, DK IP so no scav :[ )), gameplay modes and stuff like that, not just creatures (however awesome they may be ^^ can't wait to hear what you guys have in mind to replace horny).

Top Bottom