• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[creature] Bloodguard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2012
Name Bloodguard / ideas welcome /

Preface Played some darksiders and thought we need some late game meele badass related to blood :)

Appearance image: War 2# 3# 4#

Stats:

Health: High
Armor: High
Movement Speed: Slow
Attack strength: V. High
Attack speed: Slow
Intelligence: Medium (does not research -.- )
Construction: Don't do
Training Rate: Slow
Training Cost: High
Wage: High

Skills: (Generall suggestions for attacks)
Meele
Blood carnival - bloodguard gets increased AS/dmg or starts to spin wildly dealing small radius AoE dmg
Bloody river - Bloodguard charges/blinks into enemies
Supreme sacrifice - Bloodguard grabs nearby strongest allied creature instantly kills it which restores his's health and grants bonus statistics. (armor damage resistance ) or grants nearby allies statistic boost
Bloody rain - when BG kills any unit with it enemy explodes and deals small radius AoE dmg which scales with enemy health
Transfuse - sacrifices portion of self to boost allied creature statistics
Memory of the blood - after killing a creature BG gains its resistances for a short time
Bloody form - can walk on lava and water without problems
Blood sucker - [passive] Each attack restores health equal to [low] % of dmg or weapon attack that restores health equal to dmg dealt

Weaknesses/Resistances:
Resistance : Slash, blunt Reason Strong armor and trained body makes unit resistant to pysical harm
Weakness : Lightning : He is made of blood/wears heavy armor
Light : This creature is as evil as overlord :)

Information: End game (single player only ?) resistant meele creature connected to blood. He is very hard to aquire and satisfy but packs enought power to hold most enemies. It is the most loyal creature overlord can have.

Appearance: High tall humanoid like "frame" Blood/demonic ornaments on weapon and armor Red hood covers its head. Only glowing eyes and symbols are visible. His weapon is an giant axe/greatsword/scythe

Behavior in Dungeon: He is the creation of your blood. When idle tries to pray at *temple* or train at training room near it. Really dislikes crowd !

Battle Style: Heavy blitzer. Creature that tries to rush into enemy support units but is strong enought to serve as tank

Jobs: Praying (aka stealing your blood :) ) Training

Loves: Blood, carnage, overrlord, gold

Hates: Traitors, rebels (actively tries to kill any raging creature)

Anger reaction: If e becomes angry he either tries to steal all the blood from overlord or tries to destroy the dungeon heart

Lair: Throne situated on pile of skulls :)

Obtainable By: Ritual
How Introduced: Mission when enemy attacks you in early level with enought force to destroy your dungeon
(lets say you have few flies and enemy few knights)
He starts attacking your heart and cutscene :D
blood dripping from heart mixes with your creatures and goes to river where was corpse of one of bloodguards
He revives helps you kill enemies and gives you

Entrance Effect: [OPTIONAL] Red ligtnings / rain of blood in ritual room

Torture: [OPTIONAL] Can't be

Advisor Quotes: [OPTIONAL] Look master this is bloodguard. Strongest and most loyal from your creatures. Those walking armies will certainly prove usefull in conquering the realm!

Suggestions will be appriciated :)

Edit1 : Added skill suggestion from Inlaa, reduced wage

Inlaa

Priestess
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
I want to point something out about his abilities: In this game, every unit you get is supposed to be precious. I mean, you really don't want to lose them. It's not good to have them die on you, and it's been stated multiple times that you want to avoid getting them killed. Making a creature that actually kills its allies to get power boosts is... Well, that goes against that game concept. It doesn't automatically make it a bad idea, but it certainly could be better.

That said: I also find it odd that this creature sacrifices its own life to give its allies boosts as well. I mean, what's the point in that if it's just going to murder them before it does that, anyway? Either make the unit buff its allies by such methods or use its allies to hurt its enemies. That's my opinion on that.

You may consider removing the ally-murdering effects and changing it so that this creature leeches enemy life and uses its own life to provide buffs to its allies. This would make it feel more like a powerful, inspirational leader while still seeming fearsome and still focusing on blood or lifeforce. Again, this is just my opinion, but I think it's a good alternative for this concept.

Beyond that, if I only ever want two in my dungeon due to its wages, I may actually want zero. Remember that creatures are meant to be balanced with each other. Of course, it looks like this guy would die easily to some mobile ranged units, so it may all balance out.

Jan 22, 2012
Well i do not stated that those abbilities are a must. They are just examples of skills that it may have.
Wages hmm considering that it is quite hard to aquire i will reduce it to high you are right about that cost
I agree that he might be weak about very fast / slowing ranged attacker that is why one of is skills might be carge/blink
Thx for feedback

Inlaa

Priestess
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
On the note about giving him a charge or a blink: I advise against that. He SHOULD have a weakness. Ranged attackers SHOULD be able to kill him. It's part of balance. Otherwise, he'll simply cleave through EVERYTHING, and that's not very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom