• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Creature] Dark Jester

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFW

Priestess
Dec 15, 2011
Tauranga, New Zealand
READ THIS FIRST

The Dark Jester

Yes, this is Shaco from LoL, a basic idea of what the Jester would look like, just replace the blades with a musical instrument.

An evil actor of sorts, bringing dark plays from the depths to keep your minions entertained, in combat, he makes a mean support with his jeering insults and screams of encouragment.
Long story short, he is a more refined version of The Eldritch in combat (The idea behind the Eldritch was a non-combat unit that aids in a fight by weakening the enemy)

Health: Very low. No, lower than that. Yeah, that low
Armor: Quite decent against magic attacks, but almost none against blades and spikes.
Movement Speed: He's a quick little fellow. He doesn't run, he skips.
Attack strength: The Minstrel does not fight
Attack speed: The Minstrel does not fight
Intelligence: Average
Construction: Nope.
Training Rate: Fast
Training Cost: Average
Wage: Average

Skills:

Passives:
Actor!:
The Jester can use the Theatre to entertain the dungeon, keeping creatures happy.
Level 8: Master Actor! (Passive)
The Jester's acting abilities are increased, allowing him to perform much better plays. Creatures will now be willing to pay money to see the Jester perform, allowing you to get some of the gold back from the last payday. Additionally, creatures are much happier after seeing such a better performance.
Fearless:
The Jester will not run under any cicrumstances unless...
Strategic Retreat:
If the Jester engages in combat when there are no minions that can fight near him, he will run away strategically retreat. This is to prevent a Jester from getting himself beaten to death because he's facing an army with no support.

Level 1: Lute!
The Jester plays his lyre during combat, boosting the morale and attack damage of allied creatures and decreasing their chance to flee.

Level 3: Taunt!
The Jester scream offensives at an enemy creature during combat, causing it to lose concentration, and increasing it's chance to miss its attacks, if the targeted creature is a lower level than the Minstrel, he will be extra-offended and attack the Minstrel instead

Level 5: Scream!
If being targeted by an enemy during combat, the Jester will let out a cold blooded scream, stunning said enemy for a short time

Level 10: Manic laughter
The Jester lets out a loud, spine chilling laugh during combat. Boosting allies attack power and causing enemies to flee in terror

Weaknesses: Slashing, Blunt, Poison, Light
Resistances: Fire, Ice, Electric

Information: He's a jolly fellow, really. He just wants to make you laugh, cry and scream in terror as HIS FRIENDS RIP YOU APART PIECE BY PIECE
Ahem
The Jester is about as crazy as you can get. He doesn't fight, no, but he sure knows how to play with peoples emotions. If those emotions are FEAR.
Yeah, he doesn't fight. But that doesn't mean he won't run in overwhelming odds. The Jester is fearless but will happily run away strategically retreat if he faces himself in a combat situation with no backup to tank the damage.
In his spare time the Jester can be seen roaming the dungeon bringing joy and misery to those who deserve it, he will happily join in in a good torture fest in the Torture Chamber and gets along well with Mistresses (if they are still in WFTO). He hates the Undead but will not fight them since he does not fight.

Appearance: Google "Evil Clown" good? Now google "The Joker" and then "Shaco"

Behavior in Dungeon: Roaming. Helping in a torture, Research. A beer in the Tavern. What any good little maniac would do on his time off.
Battle Style: He stands back and yells at people and plays his good lute. Throw in the odd scream (or even laugh) and enemies will grow to hate that son of a b****. Yeah, he would probably be annoying but we can all live with that right?

Jobs: His scream can alert you to enemy presence, so guard duty is a good idea but not recommended, as he won't respond to the fight and run away strategically retreat like a little p****
Acting.
Researching.
Combat Support.

Loves: Acting, the boost in the Theatre applies to him too. Torture (but not being tortured)
Hates: The Dead, anyone who critisizes his work.

Anger reaction: He's most likely pack a fit and leave, we would set fire to the theatre first, if the game allows it.

Lair: Tricky one. I'm thinking a standard bed. A bizzare looking one, but a standard bed nethertheless.
Failing that, a bed of nails (speaking from experience: they are not painful and really quite comfortable)

Obtainable By: Underlords

Attracted by: Lair, Treasury, Tavern and Theatre of 5v5 size minimun

Torture: Being pelted by tomatos and "BOO"s

The Jester also has a Hero rival: The Bard

Feb 9, 2012
This suggestion has some potential but it needs some changes. I would alter some of his abilities, make him not skip, and change the torture method; like seriously! he's pelted with tomatoes and gets booed?!o_O Cum on man! I'm not saying its all around a bad suggestion but it is a bit ridiculous in its current state.

LFW

Priestess
Dec 15, 2011
Tauranga, New Zealand
This suggestion has some potential but it needs some changes. I would alter some of his abilities
Do you have any ideas on what to alter it to? What part of the abilities do you not like? I need more info!

I thought the skipping will add to both the insanity of the unit, and the indented comedy of the game

and change the torture method; like seriously! he's pelted with tomatoes and gets booed?!
Once again, to add to the comedy of the game. Perhaps I was a bit too silly with the torture method...

I prefer not to ejaculate on people, thank you.

I'm not saying its all around a bad suggestion but it is a bit ridiculous in its current state.
Thank you for the feedback :D

Feb 9, 2012
Do you have any ideas on what to alter it to? What part of the abilities do you not like? I need more info!
The scream is unfitting for a jester & the laugh and insult abilities are just kind of weird. I can't picture Heroes getting all butthurt over a jester calling them names.

I thought the skipping will add to both the insanity of the unit, and the indented comedy of the game
Yeah but having an evil unit skipping around just doesn't seem all too fitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom