• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[ creature ] demon child ( the dark creature we need )

Status
Not open for further replies.

pak man

Ghoul
WFTO Backer
Oct 24, 2012
PICTURE POSTED OR UPLOADED DUE TO THOSE SIZES. SORRY
Please see the attached files and sorry for the poor spellings.
Key Stats
Highlight: From the depth of hell, a beast came to earth sniffing the smell of pain and agony.
Faction: Underlord​
Type: Intelligent
Role: melee fighter
Acquired By: portal, 9x9 torture chamber, 9x9 lair, and a lot of torture ( either our or enemy )
Basic Attack: [ Melee ] [ slash and hack ] [Power - high]​
Offensive Power: strong
Defensive Power: medium
Resistances: powerful vs single or few. weak vs holy character ( priest or monk )
Movement: fast​
Work: This beast doesn't like working. Only does when it is forced.( very lazy )
Entertainment: enjoy watching creature getting tortured, and dying in prison.
Special Needs: As an underlord you must have to slap this creature once in awhile, or it will think itself superior to you ( when it does, it really gets out of control. eg, getting fight with other creatures, ignoring call to arms, eating all the pigs ).
Upgrades: This beast enters the dungeon as a child figure, but as it levels up; it gets bigger and more mature.
demon child(lv 1~3) -> demon teenager(lv 4~7) -> full grown demon(lv 8~10)

Traits
1. wrath from hell : The more this creature inflicts or receives damages the stronger it gets (increase speed and power 120% max)​
2. Stinky butt : Sadly, this creature jus doesn't care of his hygiene. every creature who sleeps next to this beast gets annoyed​
3. impatient child : It is VERY impatient (esp when it is younger ). It doesn't even like other creatures sleeping next to it. ( correlates with # 2 )​

Abilities
1. instinctual fear( lv 4 : 120 %, lv 8 : 130% ) : creatures fear it more.
2. head butt ( lv 3 ) : at age 3, this demon's skull was strong enough to stun a golem.​
3. bloody calm ( lv 8 ) : debuffs all the negative effects instantly.​
Flavour
Appearance: demon child : childlike demon, demon teenager : demon walking on 2legs and 2 arms, full grown demon : walking demon. (pictures either posted or uploaded due to its size )​
Likes: pain from torture chamber and agony from the prison.
Dislikes: holy creatures, and creatures who sleeping right next to it.​
Behaviour: It is very lazy, just strolling around enjoying pain and agony from other creatures.
you have to force or coerce it to work or train.

Attachments

Jan 3, 2013
Inb4 Exorcist and Monk heroes to counter this creature.

I doubt Demon child fits the WFTO universe as the concept of creature itself. Demon of the Element could work, after all, game already has a Blaze ( Fire ) Demon announced.

pak man

Ghoul
WFTO Backer
Oct 24, 2012
oh u talking about the new creature?
c'mon. from horned reaper like demon to fire elemental spirit?
jus me I guess. but I need some more hahaha

Jan 3, 2013
At least Horney looked like an badass demon. The one you suggest looks like a Jack-in-the-box, wich is only scary when you approach it to close. If you want to make a trap where this Demon child is used as a Jack, I don't mind, otherwise I don't feel like this is the unit this game needs.

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
Demon Adult 2 and Demon teenager looks fine as an idea otherwise i think Demon children are just plain stupid :p
why would i pay some demon cub for working with me , nah this idea isnt for me sorry ^^

adding this to the underlord creature section

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
I can't say I would mind an impressive demon in the mix. Though a child is a definite no-no other than the fact they're creepy as hell I don't think people react well to child like things being put into a torture chamber.

Jan 7, 2012
The Idea of a classic demon unit was already suggested in various attemps, so it seems like there are many people who would like to see a guy like this. (Me Included) Evolution from a scrampy devil to a big winged badass would look really good in a dungeon, medieval pictures of demons show often very fantastic abominations with various designs.

But you should go over its abbilitys, they seem too random and could fit to every brutish creature imaginable, an ogre, baboons...
When you think of Demon abbilitys you dont have restrictions, the demon coud have crazy resistences (even changing?) and all kinds of weird spells and weaknesses.

I can't say I would mind an impressive demon in the mix. Though a child is a definite no-no other than the fact they're creepy as hell I don't think people react well to child like things being put into a torture chamber.
I wouldnt like horned toodlers either, but a demon "child" (just call it lesser demon) could look like this
(I really like those old ff designs):

Cultist Joris

Ember Demon
WFTO Founder
Dec 30, 2012
Belgium
...I don't think people react well to child like things being put into a torture chamber.
Well technically the Demon Spawn was also a 'child'...or at least in Dutch ('Demonenjong' wich means 'Demons Infant')
The point is: if your creature's appearance differs enough from a human child, there'd be no problem I guess...

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
Well technically the Demon Spawn was also a 'child'...or at least in Dutch ('Demonenjong' wich means 'Demons Infant')
The point is: if your creature's appearance differs enough from a human child, there'd be no problem I guess...
Yeah I should have said similarities to human children. This seems to be one of the things the OP was suggesting like two of the images in his OP. Other than that yeah a creature that ages with each level is somewhat interesting, It's sort of how you could imagine the demon spawn was meant to work rather than just randomly changing into a Dragon at level 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom