• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[creature] Demon Warrior

Good creature or no

• Yes

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 18, 2011
Name Demon Warrior
Health: medium to High

Attack: Slashing (Hell blades) Strength, medium to high
Armour: High (Hell forged Full plate)
Accuracy: high
Speed: Attack slow/ movement slow)
Intelligence: can not resarch

Construction: can not construct objects
Training Rate: slow
Training Cost: 50 (can be trained into a stronger Demon Type)
Wage: 1000

Skills:
. Melee
2. Fire ball (only uses when they cannot close with an enemy used as a starter attack before closeing)
3. phalanx (when with other Demon Warriors their defence increases)
5. Slow (Slows down a Target Demon Warriors can not stack the effects of their slow on a target already affect by another Demon Warrior's slow)
7. Summon Lessers (Demon Warriors are able to summon lesser demons to fight for them these beings are weak and will not last long Demon Warriors often use this to cover their retreat and to herass enemy spell casters and archers long cool down)
10. Death strike/ or knock out blow (when a foe is at 10% of their health the Demon Warrior kills it or knocks it out)
Information: Demon Warriors are created from the souls of Evil warriors who love of killing lives on in this abomination. Demon Warriors are masters of their weapons and many a brave Knight have been cut down by their Blades of Hell forged Steel. Thou they fight almost constalty in their home domain They often seek to get to the mortal world seening their talents (and blades) put to most use there and to test their metal agaisnt the mortal races.
Behavior in Dungeon: Demon Warriors need to attack and kill and will get bored easily if not given a task. they will guard but only if your dungeon comes under attack often. In any room where creatures hang out will be with creatures with a marshal bent
Battle Style: Blocker. Demon Warriors are blood thirsty killers not fools. They will retreat if they can not over come a foe and prefere to have support (if any of your creatures flee a battle a Demon Warrior will go and pusish the creature for its cowardniss). Will cut its way thou your minions in order to kill a foe. They can make a curry that can feed creatures.
Jobs: Guarding, Shock Trooper, Hell's cheif

Obtainable By: Portal

Hates: Heros, angelic and fey beings, creatures that flee battle, little to no fighting
Loves: Killing, violance, other demons (particualy Succubi), feeding none demons their curry
Anger reaction: Will try to get other Demon Warriors to rebel against you and take over a lair to serve as their base.

Lair: A armor rack (they sleep in their armor)

Appearance:

Attracted by: have a 5x5 lair, a 5x5 temple, cultists to summon them (demons are attracted to dungeons that have cultists)

Torture: Does nothing to the Demon Warrior

Mentor Quotes: Well done it seems that you have earned the favor of the hells and Their warriors now seek to join you in battle. The Demon Warrior is a brutal foe it can and will cut apart any foe that does not flee at the sight of it first.

Your Demon Warriors are making a curry don't eat it. It taists like Hell.

Notes:
-this picture is made by Mr--Jack on Deviant Art as what it could look like
-I felt we need more demonic minions to add to the game so here a front line fighter
-if the idea is aproved and with the permission of the WFTO tems primsition I will at the Demon the Demon Warrior can train into.
-also the Curry they make is an edible item in the game any poor creature thats not a demon eats it will have its mouth on fire for a few seconds (chickens and other food creatures that eat it just explode leaveing a cooked corpse.) but it counts as eating a normal meal (it still takes demage unless it is fire resistant).

Poder

Blood Imp
Jan 28, 2012
IMHO if hes aggressive and medium he will make more trouble than hes worth...

Cheers to Mr Jack! Good work!

Nov 10, 2011
The Netherlands
Honestly, I don't really see the "demon" part of it. It looks exactly like a black knight, except with more impractically designed armor, and is statistically very similar, other than the fact that this has spells and some other traits (Curry? That's kind of random...)

That said, it does look like a decent black knight-type unit. Not bad.

Feb 10, 2012
i like its abilities! with its lvl 3 it seems like these gus do well with other demon warriors, which is a cool mechanic. kinda like the goblin except it wont suck..i really hate goblins.. the image is so/so not very demonic but i like its abilities! its behavior is cool too, feels like it kinda takes the lead in battle?like it'd rally other units to fight?

Feb 9, 2012
This is cool, the armor could look more demonic though, possibly making it red and black, and have some pentagrams on it; also the metal spikes could be replaced with ones that look more like tusks.

Nov 18, 2011
did you examine the armor closely guys? particaly the face? if you did then you would have seen the eyes and the mouth.

I thought we could use a much more powerful creature than the Black knights (not that the Black knights are bad they are in fact one of my favorit creatures and I would love to see them in WFTO). I really think of them as the "Souls" of the black knights when they die.
Plus it has been away since I have not posted anything for a while I thought I would suggest a tank creature (since so far I have suggested blizters like the werewolf and the Ragewalker)
If your wondering where the curry came from as I was making this I remebered in runescape you can get a Demon Butler for your home and for dinner he makes curry. So I thought what if we add creatures that can double as a chief from time to time. plus really we all know we want to see some poor fool eat its curry (and see some chickens explode) and run around with its mouth on fire. But the curry idea is really more of an easter egg than an actual mecanic but I would love to see it thou.

and like me know if Its ok for me to create what it turns into after a lot of training but only of the WftO team say they like this and its ok.

Inlaa

Priestess
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
I thought we could use a much more powerful creature than the Black Knights
I sense a great disturbance in the Force... as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.

Black Knights were really potent in DK2. As I recall, a basic tactic to conquering the game on there was "Mass black knights." I think the goal of WftO is to have it so that, generally, every creature is useful, and no single creature outshines the rest overmuch.

Basically, just keep in mind that your creature suggestion should be on par with every other creature.

Nov 18, 2011
yea I liked that tactic and this creature is stronger than a black knight in a one on one fight and mass fighting.

Inlaa

Priestess
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
Plus, any tactic that consists of having an army of only one unit means that the game is unbalanced if such a tactic is viable for every situation. In other words, having armies consisting solely of black knights is bad. Having armies consisting solely of these guys is also bad. If it works, it's even worse.

Nov 18, 2011
So you admit that these things are stronger than the Black Knight.

and you forget you need a temple to summon them. Plus if they don't fight often they get angery.

Nov 14, 2011
Delaware
So you admit that these things are stronger than the Black Knight.

and you forget you need a temple to summon them. Plus if they don't fight often they get angery.
I think what everyone is trying to tell you is that we don't need something that makes all other creatures obsolete. The point is to have creatures that compliment each other, both in battle and in "regular" Dungeon life. Otherwise there wouldn't be any point in having certain creatures.

And is it just me or does this remind anyone of the Horned Reaper? Particularly the anger mechanic...

EDIT:
Damn it, Fire, you beat me to it AGAIN!

Nov 18, 2011
Its a demon it will attack your creatures that gets in its way. And its not a Horned reaper replacement I tryed that for the Rage Walker. A replace ment for the Horned Reaper need extreamly high stats. Plus I'm not incharge of the creature stats in the game I just suggest somthing and the WftO team edits it for their purposes with out totally buchering the orignal idea.

Nov 14, 2011
Delaware
Its a demon it will attack your creatures that gets in its way. And its not a Horned reaper replacement I tryed that for the Rage Walker. A replace ment for the Horned Reaper need extreamly high stats.
Well, both of them are pretty similar. And the only thing that separates this creature from being a Horned Reaper is higher stats. But the behavior, one man army-ish thing, and the need to be summoned by a 5x5 temple remind me of the Reaper.

Nov 18, 2011
why do you think I put in the OR in some of its stats besides your ingorning the fact I have no controll over the creature if the Team approves it they are incharge of the stats by then not me.

Evi

Witch Doctor
WFTO Backer
Nov 14, 2011
I have no controll over the creature if the Team approves it they are incharge of the stats by then not me.
You may not be in charge of the stats, but at the least you could set down a basic base for them to go off of. Keep in mind as well, all creatures will have a use, and not be made useless by anything else.

Right now, this makes it sound like another 'Black Knight' rush tactic brewing up. Unless the skills are more... Detailed and reworked.

Level 3, Phalanx. Encourages 'Black Knight' spam.

Level 7, Summon Lessers. I would like more details to understand this skill.

Level 10, Death Strike. Instant killing/k.o.ing at 10% isn't a good idea. Imo, having a instant kill move is really overpowered. What if you're fighting a boss creature, it's health gets to 10%, while having like 50000 health left, then suddenly dies from one skill?

Slagar

Blood Imp
Jan 7, 2012
I agree with what others have been saying, this creature feels redundant with the Black Knight and Horned Reaper already in place. The whole design felt like you couldn't make up your mind on whether it was meant to be an offensive Juggernaut dishing out tons of damage while taking it back or a meat shield tying up enemy forces while others deal the damage. That isn't to say your ideas are bad, but put together it isn't a well designed unit.

It seems to me that Black Knights should be your meat shields and Demon Warriors can be your juggernauts. Just move the Phalanx and familiar abilities over to the Black Knights and come up with some new ones for the Demon Warriors. OR switch the rolls between them so that Black Knights are the juggernauts, but I think that a demonic warrior seems more aggressive and offensive than a dead guy in a suit of armor.

Level 3, Phalanx. Encourages 'Black Knight' spam.
This could be easily fixed by putting a cap on the ability's effectiveness, say 3 Demon Warriors and no more bonus.
Level 10, Death Strike. Instant killing/k.o.ing at 10% isn't a good idea. Imo, having a instant kill move is really overpowered. What if you're fighting a boss creature, it's health gets to 10%, while having like 50000 health left, then suddenly dies from one skill?
I would assume that boss creatures would be immune to most abilities, if they would exist at all. That being said, this skill is overpowered. Perhaps the Demon Warrior should go into a frenzy instead of instant killing.

I would also find the killing of cowardly units interesting but annoying. Perhaps he should just knock them out temporarily, as punishment. I found their attraction to Succubi to be interesting, but that should be reserved for an Incubi if they are added as well. If not, then sure, Succubi could use a big strong man, er, demon. The fact that they apparently cook makes them entertaining as well. Overall some great ideas for their peacetime activities.

EDIT: Your poll strikes me as odd. Naming an idea as certainly good or bad when so many small details that could sway your opinion one way or the other is difficult to do. But I'd mark this as "Good Personality/Bad Combat Role," so half and half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom