• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Creature] Dervish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aedis

Blood Imp
Feb 3, 2013
Johannesburg, Gauteng
Calling it a Dervish now
Combat Role: Diversion and scout
Health: low
Attack power: low - med
Attack Rate: high
Armour: med
Speed: High

Dungeon Role: Jack-of-all-trades master of none
Wage: low
work rate: low - average
Atracted by: nothing (in essense a free creature) or low tier rooms,
Obtained: portal, neutral creature

Skills
level 1 (passive) Insubstantial form: Dervish are given a dodge bonus making them difficult to hit
Level 4 : Decoy (clone) : Creates a illision for enemies to waste time on. lasts 15 sec but has no dodge bonus and can be easily killed
Level 8: Wind walk: Dervish moves faster granting bonus to dodge, movement and attack speed for 4 sec. increses survivability in a quick getaway or quicker kills
Level !0: Whirling Chaos : The Dervish spins into a whirlwind knocking away opponents in a small area of effect

Lore: A dervish is a creature of wind and sand that likes to torment traverlers in the desert. originally human souls they long for their lives back and are incredibly jealous of humans. Quite pathetic they will do anything just to feel human and will do any task set for them

Reason for creature.
I wanted something like the DK fly but that was actually more useful. A creature that would always be useful but something you cant souly rely on. Cheap plentiful shock troops.

I apologise for useing the name shade and hope i can be forgiven for my stupidity. i will try and make a better effort and not waste your time. I have made changes to the original post, hope its acceptable

Attachments

anonymus

Bloodling
Feb 1, 2013
I don't know, I think this creatures are kind of overpowered
Low wages but have quite a good set of utility spells
Assuming you have quite a lot of this decoy can really messed up the enemy main DPSer although it can be easily countered with AOE spells/skills creatures and invisibility can almost guarantee an escape
Either raise the wage or lower the training rate

Aedis

Blood Imp
Feb 3, 2013
Johannesburg, Gauteng
The shade is a very weak creature that comes in early. If you remember the Firefly in DK2, it took a giant 1 hit to put it on 10% health. The idea is the same except for the shade having more disruption abilities and actualy doing work. My favorite trick on DK2 was to posses a firefly, grab some warlocks and blow away the competion when they got 2 close

anonymus

Bloodling
Feb 1, 2013
Yes I know, the problem is decoy are really useful
Have a bunch and these and you'll have an army of illusion
A zerg rush basically although yeah it's still require level 4 so maybe it's rather justified

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
A litte Problem here , we already have a shade ...
please look in the list before you post a new topic (you could always put your Idea under the post already in the List...)
*sigh* do you have another name ?
is it a [Neutral creature] or an [underlord creature]? (if you ever make another suggestion please specify it in the topic name)

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
How about Shadow or Spectre, Don't think we have those yet. Right LoR?

Edit: Never mind saw your name change in the OP, checked the list, changed the Topic title and added tag, all yours LoR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom