• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Creature] Devil

Arrrr! what be yer thoughts on this idea?

• Arrrrg! this be a terrible suggestion! I otta cut off yer leggs for makin it ya land lubber!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2012
Name: Devil

Preface: Since the horned reaper won't be making it into the game, I decided to make a creature that pays homage. The devil will be similar in terms of behavior, but his role in combat is quite different. I want the devil to be a tribute to a long lost classic, while being unique at the same time.

Appearance images: (for imspiration)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EwntkVa9olM/T1l1afd8BxI/AAAAAAAAAn4/wLI4ubE9mVM/s1600/Halloween_Devil.jpg

http://i2.listal.com/image/1295767/500full.jpg

Stats:

Health: high
Armor: medium
Movement Speed: medium
Attack strength: medium
Attack speed: average
Intelligence: fuck reading
Construction: n/a
Training Rate: slow
Training Cost: high
Wage: very high

Skills:
Level 1: the devil performs melee attacks using his pitchfork.

Level 4: Cheap Shot - the devil stabs a target in the stomach inflicting moderate damage and causing him/her to puke blood. Low damage will be constantly inflicted for 15 seconds afterwards. moderate cool down

Level 5: Hell Storm - the devil casts a firestorm over a group of enemies. This inflicts moderate fire damage to anything caught within, including your creatures. long cool down

Level 7: Attack Speed Boost - the Devils attack speed is greatly increased

Level 8: Spell Curse - The devil shoots a projectile at a target (only casting units) and inflicts low damage. This attack has a lasting effect afterwards: it makes it so that the targeted caster has no control over his spells. Projectiles will hit his allies, buffs and healing spells will be cast on the devil instead, and other spells may hurt the caster. This curse lasts for 25 seconds and has a long cool down

Level 10: insanity - the devil can cast this on up to 4 targets. This spell causes the targeted creatures to start seeing things that aren't there, they will start to swing their weapons at thin air and cast spells in random places, sometimes hurting their own allies. This also causes them to become delusional and paranoid, they might even turn on their own teammates. this spell lasts for 15 seconds and has a long cool down. also, this spell is channeled and will end immediately when the devil is attacked.

can cross lava

Weaknesses: light damage/Resistances:fire damage, dark damage

Information: The devils are some of the most powerful creatures of Hell. Devils are notorious for their cruel nature and manipulative powers. Heroes have always been on edge when having to go up against these fearsome beasts. The devils also have a bad reputation in the depths of hell itself. Most demons stand clear of them due to their unbearable arrogance and short tempers. Its actually quite surprising that you can manage to command them at all.

Behavior in Dungeon: The devil is extremely arrogant and dislikes almost all of your creatures and would rather be by himself or with other devils. It should be noted that he won't just come in and start killing your minions, the devil will just get angry easier. He thinks that they are all inferior and wants little to do with them. He does however dislike demonic creatures less and doesn't mind devil spawns.

-Make sure he gets paid often, he likes having lots of gold. Payday for him tends to come early and when official payday comes boy is he a pain. The Devil sees official payday as super payday. He will take very large amounts of gold and will shove other creatures out of the way just to be the first one in the treasury.

-Keep the devil away from heroes especially if they have a high holy status like monks, priests, ect. The Devil will attack them if he were to cross their path.

-The Devil likes to sleep, collect gold occasionally, and train just to show how much better he is than every one else.

Battle Style: blitzer/caster

Jobs: when not being a prick he'll train

Obtainable By: the devil can't get obtained through the portal. In order to get him you have to make a certain sacrifice in the temple or train a Devil Spawn past level 10.

Hates: most things

Loves: being arrogant and condescending/gold/killing your enemies especially heroes/he likes demonic creatures more than any of your other minions/devil spawns/other devils/gardening

Anger reaction: goes on a rampage and kills your creatures

Lair: a throne decorated with spikes and bones

Appearance: The pictures I have provided give a good depiction of what I picture the Devil looking like.

How Introduced: mid-late game. I think that the sacrifice combination should be hinted at the first time you find a temple. Paying homage to Dungeon Keeper 1.

notes:
the devil will die when his health reaches 0, he cannot be imprisoned

this creature is related to my devil spawn post here;
http://subterraneangames.com/threads/creature-devil-spawn.364/

Feb 10, 2012
i like how it pays homage to a dk classic while being so damn different ability wise! his abilities are pretty awesome and do fit the character description.
just don't make me have to lock him in with a private quarters like i did with my horned reapers lol

Feb 9, 2012
One thing which option is pony/useless one in poll ?
This land lubber is not fluent in the language of the sea :(
-The poll is a basic scale from 1-5. The first option means really good and the 5'th means really bad. The sixth option just means that is has potential but needs work. And there isn't a useless poll question, I never add those.

-I would appreciate it if you would give me some feedback on this unit.

Jan 22, 2012
Lower MS and training rate
Imo for a big creature it is a bit too fast and too quick to level :/
But i do not think "devil" fits
You want to make it uniue but from what ican se eyou could have many of them in dungeon from spawns
I would swap storm with AS boost
REMOVE PITCHFORK T_T claws and spells are enought for a powerfull creature like this, pitchfork fits for smaller creatures
It can't cross lava while spawn can
Spellcurse could be tricky because from what i could see from cultist there is not much projectile skills rather targeted one but this can change also some skills are not spells so could be tricky to balance what skill is spell or attack
Insanity changed to 4 nearest creatures (allies and enemies ) would be so fun gamble skill to have

enought feedback -.-

Feb 9, 2012
You want to make it uniue but from what ican se eyou could have many of them in dungeon from spawns
REMOVE PITCHFORK T_T claws and spells are enought for a powerfull creature like this, pitchfork fits for smaller creatures
Spellcurse could be tricky because from what i could see from cultist there is not much projectile skills rather targeted one but this can change also some skills are not spells so could be tricky to balance what skill is spell or attack
Insanity changed to 4 nearest creatures (allies and enemies ) would be so fun gamble skill to have

enought feedback -.-
-I think devil is fitting based on its abilities. The devil is often depicted as a violent and manipulative beast. Unless you have a more badass title, Devil is here to stay.

-Pitchforks come in all sizes, plus the devil is often depicted with a pitchfork

-It can cross lava, I just forgot to add it

-You should check out my devil spawn post, because I stated that training devil spawns to Devils is very difficult to do.

-I will give some thought on some of your other suggestions.

Feb 9, 2012

enought feedback -.-
Alright, I've given your other suggestions some more thought.

-I have reduced the movement speed, I think he shouldn't be too fast since he's a bit large

-he is a powerful creature so i think that it should take a while to level him up, so the training rate will stay high

-I'm not sure what AS boost is, but I don't want his fire storm to be replaced with a boost.

Jan 22, 2012
You miss my point
Low training rate = training slower >_<
A(ttack)S(peed) boost -.- really look at level 7 skill ....

Inlaa

Priestess
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
To avoid confusion, I use different words for training rate. Examples: Fast, slow, below average (still bad in this case), above average (still good in this case), very fast, very slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom