• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Creature] Flesh Reaver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaptor

Blood Imp
WFTO Backer
Feb 22, 2013
(Revised)
Highlight: this creature is the Warden of undead they look after the undead creatures in your dungeon for you ( this creature makes it possible to maintain a army of undead)​
Name: (normal) Flesh Reaver / (infestation) Flesh Reaper​
Faction: Underlord​
Type: Paracite (has limited intelligence)
Role: (normal) support caster/(infestation) support fighter
Acquired By: 5% chance a torture victim will spawn on death or 90% by Burying a hero alive in the graveyard ( a field of screams HAHAHA!)
Basic Attack: see below.
(normal) Poision barbs: Ranged [poision] [Power - low]
(infestation) Ram: mele [Physical] [power- moderate]
Offensive Power: (normal) low / (infestation) moderate
Defensive Power: (normal) low / (infestation) moderate
Resistances: weak vs fire , immune to poison
Movement: fast
Work: see below.
(normal) looks for undead minons to heal else uses lurk to scout enemy positions
(infestation) sends undead to guard posts and guards dungeon heart
Entertainment: toments jail victims
Special Needs: graveyard or (optional) boneyard
Traits
(normal) corpse infestation : in the event more flesh reavers than reapers exist in your dungeon one of the reavers will infest the next corpse it sees and become a level 1 flesh reaper.​
(normal/infestation)Warden of undead : heals the wounds of your nearby undead creatures while not in combat​
(normal) Lurk: able to move unseen by enemys​
(normal/infestation) evil eyes paracite: 15% chance to cause enemy creatures to share vision with underlord for 5 minutes on hit​
(infestation) undead lord: creature will direct idle undead creatures to staff vacant guard rooms​
(infestation) Death Throws: on death creature will explode leaving a poison cloud to cover its escape, it will revive at your dungeon heart as a level 1 flesh reaver.​
Abilities
(normal only) Acid sting : fires a weak blast of acid that weakens defense for 15 seconds (chance to apply evil eyes)​
(normal only) Death Roll : deals minor damage to surounding enemys(if creature is pinned it also knocks back enemys)
(normal and infestation) Feast : recovers small amount of health by ripping off some of the enemy's flesh moderate damage
(infestation only) impale : stabs enemy with arm on its back causes target to bleed for 6 seconds​
(infestation only) Maggot swarm : vomits a glob of maggots that poisons enemy and slows enemy attack speed temporarly (chance to inflict evil eyes).​

Flavour

Preface: N/A​
Appearance images:​
(normal mode) Flesh Reaver
(infestation mode) Flesh Reaper
Dislikes: Juggernaughts​
Behaviour: the creature behaves like a overseer for all undead creatures, it will follow damaged undead creatures untill they are fully healed (it has a passive aoe heal that only affects undead creatures while it is out of combat) . in its flesh reaper form it also assigns undead to guard rooms and patrols the dungeon heart (protecting its host)​
Lair Appearence: What does the creature's lair look like?​

Key points:
  • it is easier to train this creature in infestation mode due to its improved armor.
  • the flesh reaver in normal mode is probly 1/3 to 1/2 the size of its infestation mode.
  • it will heal any undead units that are wandering your dungeon in normal mode that it finds after level 2
  • can be a decent spy creature or a fighter
  • does not like being slapped doesn't take much to make it mad (attacks your dungeon heart when angry)
  • it is covered in blood and leaves a bloody trail. (unless its lurking that is)
  • can not return to normal unless it dies.
  • easily killed by a heavy mele unit (reason it hates the juggernaught)
also don't worry its my own artwork heck use it for the game i don't care :)

(changes)
healing only works on undead.(main reason for this is to the need to micromanage your undead creatures )
reason is i got annoyed that i had undead creatures that needed constant attention since they might have been my only defenders in some levels (undead never sleep thus never heal)

side note: my hobby was making monsters and coding them for unreal tournament 2004 for a while
(unreal script, 3d model skinning, did some animation with the restricted version of maya for ut2k4) thats how i made the steel bone reaper lol

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
Associated Units: Flesh Reavers (paracite type minon that can explode corpses or spew a cloud of Magots that last for a short while ) has ability inflict a paracite on a hero allowing the underlord to see what the victim sees.
where is the corpse exploding skill? ^^ :p (ahh its in the torture part, dont like it this way, its useless and i might prefer the corpses...)

i have mixed feelings about this beast...

good:
you made exclusive artwork for it? awesome !
it has soem pretty nice skills: the Link is original, even if i think until it dies is a little to long. (should have anormal duration)
It can change to another form? sounds nice

not so good :

healing spell? wait what? (except feast which makes sense)
possesion:
(under lord must posses and use skill manually creature normally ignores this skill)
im strictly against that... i know why you wanted it this way but this doesnt solve the problem because it forces you to micromanage this specific creature and we do not know how we use corpses in this game. I dont want to see a dead corpse, Possess my flesh reaver and see one of my blood imps running away with the corpse i wanted to possess ... ^^
how could it work? why not make it an option for the graveyard? (if we have something like that, or your boneyard if it gets chosen)

you should just be able to allow or forbid flesh reavers getting the corpses with a switch and everything is fine ;)

last but not least: Stealth and fear, always complicated to balance, stealth is fine as long as it cant be abused in possesion mode but then where is the use of it?
fear is the same... if there is a Moral System then it could work, if it is like in Dk2 it would just suck. (many people like fear abilitys but without the game mechanics i really cant say if i like it or not)

what makes me wonder is that you used the new templates for your room but not the creature...
you know these : https://subterraneangames.com/threa...s-templates-steps-to-a-great-suggestion.1923/

i like the idea as said before but some things just dont fit in my opinion ;)
adding this to creatures ;)

Vaptor

Blood Imp
WFTO Backer
Feb 22, 2013
ok i changed how this healing thing works it now applys to both forms but is just a passive that does not heal the creature itself. it regenerates health of undead critters within 2 blocks from him

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
hmm im not sure why you hold onto the requirements to be infected.

i would say let it be optional, (as suggested before with the switch for example) not unreachable (level 10 is very hard to achieve, its a beast and can train only in combat (as far as we know) )

(normal) looks for undead minons to heal else uses lurk to scout enemy positions
(infestation) sends undead to guard posts and guards dungeon heart

both may be irrelavant, since this isnt dk undead units ma be able to heal but we cant be sure on that matter.
and i think most undead units will have some way of working, like being watchman, why should the flesh reaper control them?
(in sense of: if the undead creature is working in the workshop... its supposed to work in the workshop. if it is supposed to guard it will guard....) why give control over that to another creature?

other than these small things nice changes made ;)

good work ;)

Vaptor

Blood Imp
WFTO Backer
Feb 22, 2013
ok i changed it so they balance out numbers if (normal)>(infested) move one (normal) to group (infested).
also aren't zombies and skeletons brainless? in dk they always wandered around and got slaughtered unless you locked them up.

Ben Chandler

Impassibly Cool
WFTO Backer
Jan 23, 2013
Maybe I'm being picky, but firstly the name suggests a dangerous flesh eating parasite - which I know is partly displayed in the skills and such- but it still doesn't sound that dangerous other than that it spews maggots?

Also, you mention it's intelligence being limited due to it being a parasite, however it seems to have the ability to single handedly control an army of undead!

It just all seems a bit mixed up:n
I like the notion of a parasitic being that eats away corpses, infests diseases and I don't know turns enemies briefly into drones or something... But leave it at things like that.
Not sure how I feel about undead controlling units, but if it did exist, rather unimaginatively, I'd see the role being filled by some sort of liche or necromancer.

Vaptor

Blood Imp
WFTO Backer
Feb 22, 2013
well keep in mind the devs would probly change what they want. though i don't know if they would even consider putting this in game would be nice tho to see some variety in unit types. btw if i had this thing voiced it would sound like gollum from lord of the rings
*rips off enemy flesh , swallows, then belches* feasting

"Achooo!" acid attack

" Say Hello to me Friends!" maggot swarm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom