• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Creature - Heretic

What Statistics should a Heretic's Curse ability effect? Please choose three or less

• Armour

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Movement Speed

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Attack Speed

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Attack Strength

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amon

Ember Demon
Apr 14, 2012
Somewhere
subterraneangames.com
Name Heretic

Preface Felt that this game needs a Evil counterpart to the Monk. I am making the assumption that the Monk, or a similar unit, is making it into the game. After all, it isn't as if E.A Games can sue you about having a religious figure that has been around since before cannons.
Appearance image:

Relatively similar to this

Stats:

Health: Low
Armor: Below Average, Average
Movement Speed: Above Average
Attack strength: Low, Below Average
Attack speed: Average
Intelligence: High
Construction: Super Ultra Massively Low
Training Rate: Average
Training Cost: Below Average - Above Average (Dev's choice)
Wage: Average - Above Average

Skills:

• Smash - LVL 1. Simple Melee attack
  • Devil's Fireball - LVL 2. The Heretic throws a small Fireball, which, in addition to Fire damage, does a small amount of Dark/Unholy Damage. Cooldown - 15 sec. Range - Above Average
  • Curse - LVL 5. The Heretic curses an enemy, dramatically reducing three of their stats. Stats reduced - to be decided by poll at a later date. Cooldown - 45 seconds
  • Flare - LVL 8. Upgraded form of Devil's Fireball, with increased Cooldown, Damage and Targets
  • Unholy Aura - LVL 10. Creatures around the Heretic become stronger, braver and quicker, whereas Heroes are affected the opposite way. Passive Ability, does not stack.
Weaknesses/Resistances: Weak against Light. Resistant to Dark

Information: The Heretic. He is at the back of every Religion-based Hero's mind. While not an overly dangerous foe when confronted alone and unprepared, when he is backed up by others, who are able to guard him, the Heretic becomes a dangerous foe. When in groups, is even more effective.

Appearance: A relatively shriveled old man, with numerous satanic symbols tattooed onto his skin in dark red / black ink. Has a large staff, with a skull of some kind on the hitting end of it.

Behavior in Dungeon: This creature will eagerly take to Research, and, if available, will be willing to Train. Upon completing both of these tasks to maximum potential, the Heretic will either wander around, harassing any Converted Heroes, if you have any, or go to the Temple (or whatever it's equivalent is) and harass Minions in there. If he chases everyone off, with the exception of other Heretics, they will begin to Pray. It is recommended that you simply build another Temple for your Heretics, as they have an extremely good Prayer rate.

Battle Style: Support

Jobs: Training, Researching, Praying, Harassing
Loves: Heretics, Demon Spawn, Anything to do with Demons.

Hates: Pure Religions (Heroes)
Anger reaction: Harass Creatures enough to make them Angry (incite Rebellion). All Creatures made angry in this way will Guard the Heretic that made them Angry. Other Heretics will start inciting Rebellions in other parts of your Dungeon. Once Heretic gains a certain amount of followers, they will march on your Dungeon Heart and attack it, unless the Heretic is calmed. Once Heretic is calmed, all Angered creatures will calm as well

Lair: Unsure at moment.

Obtainable By: Creature, Portal / Temple recipe

Attracted by: Lair - 1x1, Library, 4x4, Temple, 3x3

How Introduced: Unsure

Entrance Effect: Unsure at moment.

Torture: Having the Bible read to him

Advisor Quotes: Unsure at moment.

Aquaman

Priestess
May 9, 2012
Sounds excellent. Are you suggesting him as a replacement for the Warlock, or a second support creature?

Aquaman

Priestess
May 9, 2012
Felt that this game needs a Evil counterpart to the Monk.
Still doesn't really answer my question. Are we having a warlock type character as well or is this one filling in both slots? The reason I ask is because the two are very similar.

The monk (in DK) is actually quite a capable fighter, while the heretic appears pretty poor physically. No protect, Low health, below average armour. It's a pure support character, rather than a fighter/support like the monk.

Not that there's anything wrong with the heretic. It's great! I just think it would be a great replacement for the warlock, rather than a counter point to the monk. The only thing they really have in common is religion... kinda.

Aquaman

Priestess
May 9, 2012
Let me fetch a link for you. I'll edit it into this post.
Much obliged. I have a lot to catch up on.

In that case, I retract my comments. The Cultist seems to be a buffer casting support unit rather than an active combatant. The heretic will then fill that niche quite handsomely.

Ben Chandler

Impassibly Cool
WFTO Backer
Jan 23, 2013
i love the idea of it leading rebellions! sounds fun... perhaps there would be a way to help this happen to enemy underlords?? really dont know how that would work though... but fun spin on usual fight tactics

Jan 3, 2013
You should know construction won't be in WFTO, it will be an attraction rate. Intelligence level doesn't/won't matter.

From stats and type of the unit it will be as rare as Dark Angel in DK2. His skills don't really make him a support unit, more like a disabler/spell caster who has high unity power at level 10. If such creature will get added to a game he most likely will be kept away from combat until it hits level 10 due to it's low health/armor, basic attack and high price. Currently it's simply not worth to dedicate so much time and resources for creature that is only good at max level.

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
....Intelligence level doesn't/won't matter.....
Surely a creature's level of intelligence would determine how well they work as a researcher, much like DK1 where Warlocks and Dragons researched a lot faster than say a beetle.

I do like the idea but I think it sounds like it either exists in a space occupied by either the Cultist of Blood mage or somewhere slightly in between, so ultimately it would be unnecessary unless one of those creatures was to be replaced.

Jan 3, 2013
Surely a creature's level of intelligence would determine how well they work as a researcher, much like DK1 where Warlocks and Dragons researched a lot faster than say a beetle.

I do like the idea but I think it sounds like it either exists in a space occupied by either the Cultist of Blood mage or somewhere slightly in between, so ultimately it would be unnecessary unless one of those creatures was to be replaced.
That's creature's actual level, not level of it's intelligence. It's only logical that creature with higher level would research faster.
Another thing is research rate/interest, wich will determine how quickly and how long will a creature research a spell.

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
That's creature's actual level, not level of it's intelligence. It's only logical that creature with higher level would research faster.
Another thing is research rate/interest, wich will determine how quickly and how long will a creature research a spell.
Well you learn something new every day, all these years and I've always figured level 1 Warlocks research as fast as level 10s :p I always just slapped them, cast haste on them and let them be on their merry way.

I think your second point is more what I was aiming for, a creatures interest in research is directly related to it's level of intelligence, that's why you find that a Warlock, Dragon or Vampire is more inspired to do and more capable of research.

Amon

Ember Demon
Apr 14, 2012
Somewhere
subterraneangames.com
It has been announced, recently, that the Cultist will be able to evolve into one of three mages, the Blood Mage being the one for greed. I nominate the Heretic (with a lot of tweaking) for the Wrath evolution. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom