• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Creature] Hunk'o'Flesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanAvx

Disciple
Nov 6, 2012
After hearing about the Alchemist in one of your Locked in the Foundry posts, along with your 'creative use of corpses' I created somewhat of a fleshy amalgamation in my mind that I'd like to share with you all this fine Saturday :)

Units
Name Hunk'o'Flesh

Preface The Hunk'o'Flesh is a horrible beast sewn together from the mangled, beaten, crushed and gored corpses of those heroes unfortunate enough to find themselves in your dungeon. Dreamt up by the terrible minds of the Alchemist, these creatures require a place to store corpses and wherever the Alchemist's make things.

Once enough parts have been gathered, the Alchemists will gleefully gather them from the corpse storage device and take them back to their workshops in order to join them with their outrageous concoctions and ample amounts of string.

Finally, after many hours of slaving away, the new Hunk'o'Flesh serves as a guardian for the squishy Alchemists and see them as a parental figure. They gleefully take arrows, swords and spears in the name of their master while giving ample pain back out.

Upon the death of their Alchemist, Hunk'o'Flesh goes into a tragic rage, where it lashes out at any other nearby creatures until it is struck down. The parts left over have unfortunately seen too much and can no longer be sent to the corpse storage device to be used again. How sad.

Appearance image:

Stats: (Remember: Avoid using numbers for statistics. Use general terms, such as "low", "very low", or "high".)
Creature Type: Special
Health: Mega
Armor: Flesh
Movement Speed: Slow
Attack strength: Medium
Attack speed: Slow
Intelligence: Bag of potatoes
Training Rate: High, only in combat
Gender: I'm sure there are parts from both somewhere or other.

Skills:
Level 1 - Melee
Level 3 - Fetid (Passive) - The Hunk'o'Flesh is ripe with disease, each unit to strike the Hunk'o'Flesh has a chance to catch one that deals poison damage over time until cured.
Level 5 - Lob Flesh - Throws a hunk of flesh from it's body to an opponent that's out of range, knocking it down, but dealing damage to the Hunk'o'Flesh.
Level 7 - Random Flailing (Passive) - Each attack also deals damage to another random enemy in melee range.
Level 10 - Flying the Nest (Passive) - The Hunk'o'Flesh gains independance from it's master and now roams about the dungeon itself, freeing the Alchemist to make a new Hunk'o'Flesh.

Weaknesses/Resistances: Bare flesh level.

Behavior in Dungeon: The creature will follow it's creator whereever he goes. It cannot be possesed and is picked up alongside it's Alchemist. At level 10, the Hunk'o'Flesh will wander around as Beast class units do.

Battle Style: Tank

Loves: Alchemist

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
Name Hunk'o'Flesh
balls, thought it was Meat boy coming to the dungeon T.T

there were some ideas of flesh golems and the like, and this one s kind of uninteresting .... no skills, no behavior described etc. needs to be fleshed out (no pun intended) in my opinion.

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
Intelligence: Bag of potatoes
That got me chuckling for some reason :D

I like the idea. Assuming we keep the Prison/Torture Chamber system from the DK series, this would provide a nice alternative for situations where you neither want to convert the heroes, nor turn them into skeletons. It would also require a good deal of micro-management to keep your Alchemist alive, which evens out the large amounts of health the Hunk'o'Flesh has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom