• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Creature] Impdriver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2012
Units
Name Impdriver (xD)

Preface The Impdriver, bane of Blood Imps, Ice Imps and just plain Imps everwhere. They use their spiked whips and harsh words to "motivate" Blood Imps, along with other creatures, so they work harder and perform better in battles.

Needless to say, they are much loved by creatures everywhere, which is why they stick close together when not waving their whips around in the air and shouting not so sweet nothings at passing creatures.

Appearance image: (This is someones conversion of a Warhammre figure)

Stats: (Remember: Avoid using numbers for statistics. Use general terms, such as "low", "very low", or "high".)

Health: Be-low
Armor: Low
Movement Speed: Imp Fast!
Attack strength: Low
Attack speed: Medium
Intelligence: Low
Construction: Low
Training Rate: Medium
Training Cost: Low
Wage: Medium

Skills:
Level 1 - Darts - Fires poisonous darts that do weak damage with a light poison. Prefered over melee.
Level 1 - Whip!! - A basic melee attack, but when used on Blood Imps it acts like a slap from your godly hand.
Level 2 - You're not getting off easy! - Heals a Blood Imp for more slapping!
Level 3 - Faster, maggot! - Increase the speed of a friendly creature, medium cooldown
Level 5 - You hit like a girl! - Increase the attack damage of a friendly creature, medium cooldown
Level 7 - If I wanted flies I'd have played a different game! - Increases the toughness of a friendly creature, medium cooldown.

Weaknesses/Resistances: Average resistances to melee, weak to magic.

Information: The Impdriver is something like a Slave Driver, he uses force, harsh words and a booming voice to make creatures (and imps) work harder!

Appearance: Something similar to the picture, I'm not sure how else I can describe it. Although it would carry a Dart Blower in it's left hand rather than the club.

Behavior in Dungeon: Follows around a pack of Blood Imps when not given other commands, he uses his Whip!! and You're not getting off easy! abilities to make them work harder.

Battle Style: Support/Buffer. The Impdriver uses his abilities to support friendly creatures in combat. He'll keep far behind the lines shooting poisonous darts at the enemy. If encountered alone, he will flee!

Jobs: "Motivating" Blood Imps.

Loves: Blood Imps

Hates: Dwarves. Some kind of beard rivalry, I'm sure.

Anger reaction: Whips a Blood Imp to death!

Lair: An extravagent pile of hay with a creature hide, nothing short of luxury.

Obtainable By: Portal

Attracted by: At least 10 Blood Imps

How Introduced: (How does the Unit first appear in the game's campaign mode?)

Torture: [OPTIONAL] A Blood Imp exacts revenge!

Eliv

Blood Imp
Oct 4, 2012
I really like this creature suggestion for some reason, sounds like something Bullfrog would come up with :3
(I like the skill names in particular!)

toffeejay

Crackpot
WFTO Founder
Dec 25, 2011
Really like this.
I could imagine him being in fear of every other creature in the dungeon and then going to work on the imps thinking he's a big man.

The image looks humanoid but would maybe a goblin type creature fit better?

Jan 7, 2012
Thats a good one, but yes, the image looks to mmuch like a dwarf.
Maybe something pigfaced could fit into its role.
Like Gamorrean guards or these pigmen/cobolds from the walt disney films.

Inlaa

Priestess
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
I actually rather like the picture. Yes, it looks "dwarvish," mostly because it comes from a dwarf model, but it seems more like an evil, bearded gremlin than a dwarf, mostly because of the hat, the nose, and the weapon. Imagine what you see with more warts, an odd skin color (purple?), fangs, and solid color eyes (no iris). This would seem like an angry, vicious, grinning bearded demon.

toffeejay

Crackpot
WFTO Founder
Dec 25, 2011
As Macauley says I think converting should lead to this creature.

Converting dwarves was probably the most pointless convert in DKII - you always had at least 4 imps, they mine slower (if I remember correctly) and the only benefit over an imp was that they can fight but this is more of a burden as it just means rather than running away to safety they got themselves killed.

Perhaps this could be one of the "corrupted heroes" that alot of people have suggested.
A dwarf converted turns into a Imp driver.
I would suggest that only one drawf can be converted at a time / you can only ever have one imp driver.

chaoseater

Gargoyle
WFTO Backer
Feb 29, 2012
Milton keynes UK
As Macauley says I think converting should lead to this creature.

Converting dwarves was probably the most pointless convert in DKII - you always had at least 4 imps, they mine slower (if I remember correctly) and the only benefit over an imp was that they can fight but this is more of a burden as it just means rather than running away to safety they got themselves killed.

Perhaps this could be one of the "corrupted heroes" that alot of people have suggested.
A dwarf converted turns into a Imp driver.
I would suggest that only one drawf can be converted at a time / you can only ever have one imp driver.
I agree with you and they where very pointless the time thay got there everything was done i like this alot

Eliv

Blood Imp
Oct 4, 2012
I think converting to get this unit isn't way to go, too much hassle to go through to get it. If it has to be obtainable other way than from a portal I would vote for a sacrifice recipe + some requirement (like having 10 or more imps)

chaoseater

Gargoyle
WFTO Backer
Feb 29, 2012
Milton keynes UK
I think converting to get this unit isn't way to go, too much hassle to go through to get it. If it has to be obtainable other way than from a portal I would vote for a sacrifice recipe + some requirement (like having 10 or more imps)
If you think about it its not really that much of a hassle find one convert it bam you have one i loved to convert things in the DK's

Eliv

Blood Imp
Oct 4, 2012
If you think about it its not really that much of a hassle find one convert it bam you have one i loved to convert things in the DK's
Indeed, but in DK we didn't have "evil" or "corrupted" versions of heroes.

So if you would want to get Impdriver you would still have to get prison and torture room first, just as it was "unlocked" in later levels of DK's main campaign. And of course you won't have access to certain rooms in certain levels in WftO campaign be it prison + torture room combo or temple

chaoseater

Gargoyle
WFTO Backer
Feb 29, 2012
Milton keynes UK
Indeed, but in DK we didn't have "evil" or "corrupted" versions of heroes.

So if you would want to get Impdriver you would still have to get prison and torture room first, just as it was "unlocked" in later levels of DK's main campaign. And of course you won't have access to certain rooms in WftO campaign be it prison + torture room combo or temple
Well by both of what we are saying your not getting it untill late in game on the campaign anyway and both of what we have said will work even if both ways are in game witch would be good then you have more then one way of getting them

Eliv

Blood Imp
Oct 4, 2012
Well by both of what we are saying your not getting it untill late in game on the campaign anyway and both of what we have said will work even if both ways are in game witch would be good then you have more then one way of getting them
Yup, agree. But still I would prefer for the Impdriver to be obtainable through the portal but only when certain conditions are met and only 1. (Not that I would mind the other two ways we both have mentioned) But it's up to WftO staff to decide what fits better in the game

chaoseater

Gargoyle
WFTO Backer
Feb 29, 2012
Milton keynes UK
Yup, agree. But still I would prefer for the Impdriver to be obtainable through the portal but only when certain conditions are met and only 1. (Not that I would mind the other two ways we both have mentioned) But it's up to WftO staff to decide what fits better in the game
that is true tho the portal one kander going in my faver now XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom