• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Creature] Impdriver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2012
The idea was that it's an evil bearded gremlin, like Inlaa said and not an evil dwarf, they rather hate them and their stylish beards :)

Brian Blessed, oh that would be amazing! Great suggestion on minion, one of the best so far. Would whipping imps be something he'd do in his idle time? Or be his sole purpose?

I'm not sure how well it would work if he spent all his time only whipping imps. I much prefer the idea of it being a lower level combat creature that spends any default/idle time whipping/slapping imps. Much like how spiders would freeze prisoners in dk1 or mistresses would go to the torture chambers.

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
Just been going through the list of all the possible creatures and reading them and this one really stands out to me, so far I have not seen one that fills this niche and I had a dirty chuckle at the idea of imps getting there own back when the Impdriver is tortured.

That said as a buffing creature and what looks to me a fairly weak creature, would it count towards you creature limit or could you have say one for every 10 Blood imps instead?

Nov 6, 2012
It's primary role is to buff blood imps and you'd only get 1 per 10 blood imps, though because of their impact in battle with their buffs, it would count towards the creature limit too. I think it would be good to have it this way so you won't be flooded with Impdrivers and nothing for them to support except imps!

trasapa

Warden
WFTO Founder
Feb 12, 2013
Sweden
This is the first suggested minion that have really caught my dark heart. What can i say, i was whipped at first sight.
Please, by all that is unholy and foul, put the impdriver in the game!

My slapping hand needs a rest but my imps don't!

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
I thought right hand was enough to motivate anyone under your control.
Well dungeons can get big and I mean super sized especially if the developers pull through with their promise of big maps and loads of creatures due to not feeling epic with 15 minions so to take a weight of micro management as the dungeon progressess this could be a brilliant adition, personally I love micro managing but my experience in the thread for timed levels has shown may loathe building up dungeon after dungeon each level (I love it but hey it is their opinion)

So this has real potential to fill a niche that has not been filed so far.

Jan 3, 2013
Well dungeons can get big and I mean super sized especially if the developers pull through with their promise of big maps and loads of creatures due to not feeling epic with 15 minions so to take a weight of micro management as the dungeon progressess this could be a brilliant adition, personally I love micro managing but my experience in the thread for timed levels has shown may loathe building up dungeon after dungeon each level (I love it but hey it is their opinion)

So this has real potential to fill a niche that has not been filed so far.
I doubt maps will be so large we will need someone to slap our creatures for us.

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
I doubt maps will be so large we will need someone to slap our creatures for us.
well normally I mark all the rooms I want and get to exploring or training my troops by slapping them to work harder or go take the fight to heroes, dreaded timed events take even more of my focus, there is always something to do and something to slap and not having to worry about my Imps tunneling out my rooms or fortifying asap is great as it reduces micromanagement.

I am an overlord not an Imps babysitter, makes sense we get flunkies who can beat the imps when they slack off and I take care of important duties.

trasapa

Warden
WFTO Founder
Feb 12, 2013
Sweden
I am an overlord not an Imps babysitter, makes sense we get flunkies who can beat the imps when they slack off and I take care of important duties.
This.. It's only fitting that we, uber underlords of doom and spoiled ham, would have in our power to delegate some of the more demeanor tasks like motivating all our puny minions as soon as they are slacking.

The thing i really like with this minion is that it is a pure support/civic creature. It takes up your minionspace but is not oriented in beating up your enemies but rather to make your ruling easier. It is a play style choice kind of minion and I love it.

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
This.. It's only fitting that we, uber underlords of doom and spoiled ham, would have in our power to delegate some of the more demeanor tasks like motivating all our puny minions as soon as they are slacking.

The thing i really like with this minion is that it is a pure support/civic creature. It takes up your minionspace but is not oriented in beating up your enemies but rather to make your ruling easier. It is a play style choice kind of minion and I love it.
yea I agree plus as it is a creature that takes up space, people have the option to chuck it back through the portal OR keep it for a while to the workhorse of our dungeons, the simple Blood imps construct all the basic rooms quickly and then dump them or keep them even after that.

Choice in playstyle is what makes a good game as no gamer is the exact same.

Brightpaw

Ghoul
WFTO Founder
Feb 21, 2013
I do agree that it's a dungeon MANAGEMENT game. Having creatures to help you raise efficiency, happiness, and other things sounds like an awesome thing to me. Why does everything have to be pure rage and hate battle oriented? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom