1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

creature information

Discussion in 'Suggestion Archive' started by Gerrit8500, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Gerrit8500

Gerrit8500 Bloodling

I created a post in the subreddit but had no answer. So I decided to try and post it here.

Is there a way for me to have an oversight on creature's stats and how they scale with levelling?

• HP can be seen at tooltip, but things like damage from their attacks not (probably because it would be a too crowded tooltip) but I would like to know which attacks carry what kind of punches.

• What stats and how do they scale with levelling? I remember in DK2 that it did not scale lineally but got variable boosts depending on the level.

• Do work rates (like potion brewing and sin researching) scale too with levelling? I find that this is important information.

Biervampir [AUT] and Ontos like this.
  2. Ontos

Ontos Cultist

Keep a request for detailed information. At least in the form of a wiki, detailing the amount of damage, the effect of quantitative abilities, and so on.

3. Fireeye

Fireeye Shadow Backer

The stats really would be interesting to know. As for work rates - as far as I know they remain constant, both for regular work rates, and when boosted with slaps/workalot potions/ the obey spell.

4. Gerrit8500

Gerrit8500 Bloodling

Ah, shame. I thought that work rates rose with level as they did in DK2: you'd get quite the boosts in work rates once they passed level 5.

5. Biervampir [AUT]

Biervampir [AUT] Bafu

I'm "working" on exactly that. But I have to wait until Simburger will give me those informations (I'm waiting ~1 month now).
    I will give you all informations I have in February.
    For now I mostly miss the ability damage/buffs/debuffs, because they increase when the minions level up.

I have Speed, HP (how it increases) and some other things I can't remember right now.

SADevil likes this.
  6. Gerrit8500

Gerrit8500 Bloodling

Awesome. Cheers for that. It was probably quite some work, but the map editor probably speeds up the process. It's odd to me that if even the abilities change with levels (which is good) that work rate doesn't.

7. Biervampir [AUT]

Biervampir [AUT] Bafu

You're welcome :)

I think I heard something about that it does.
    But I've never tested it

8. v0id

v0id Programmer Dev Team

No that is not true, they depend on xp level (increased by training, fighting) as well on efficiency (increased by happiness, slaps, obey, work a lot).
    Or am I confused with "work speed" and "work rates" means something different?
    I also look forward for a decent documentation.

9. Gerrit8500

Gerrit8500 Bloodling

No, basically I wanted to know whether the xp level of a creature (1 to 10) enhances the base speed at which they perform tasks (so that's ignoring the happiness, slaps, obey or workalot potion) and how much at each level to assess whether it's worth it to put them at work immediately or getting them to level first.

Same with other stats, if movement speed goes up with levels as well that would make levelling them up more of a priority. My tests were inconclusive though :p

Hence my asking this.

10. Biervampir [AUT]

Biervampir [AUT] Bafu

Movement speed changes only with haste and enrage, the level of your creatures doesn't mattee.

11. Fireeye

Fireeye Shadow Backer

To illustrate: From my understanding, a Level 10 Chunder will not churn out more defense parts than a level 1 chunder when both work in the foundry. I could be wrong of course, but I never noticed any difference in that.

12. v0id

v0id Programmer Dev Team

I trust in code and the stats used there ;)
    For each level the work speed is increased by a factor of 1 + 0.1 * XPLevel which means a level 10 unit works at the double speed than a level 1 unit, because 1 + 0.1*10 = 2.
    This "work speed" value is used on workers as well as on other units and scales any work that isn't done instantly.

While movement speed is not drastically increased it is increased indeed.
    Right now the max speed the unit type has defined is scaled by this factor: baseMaxSpeed * pow(1.05, XPLevel).
    Which means a level 10 unit is around 1.6 times faster moving than a level 1 unit, because pow(1.05, 10) = 1.63.

These are stats which might change from time to time for balancing reasons but right now this is exactly what happens.

However these effects are relatively small when you compare it to the effect of related Veins of Evil aspects when applied:
    Obey (double work speed for 20 secs, but makes faster hungry & sleepy),
    Haste Potion (tripple movement speed going slowely down to 1.5 over 30 secs),
    Work a lot (5 times faster work speed for 10 secs),
    Enrage has only 1.5 movement speed modifier, but also scales damage output by 1.5 for 20 secs.

Hope that helps!

Biervampir [AUT] likes this.
  13. Gerrit8500

Gerrit8500 Bloodling

It has. Now I know for certain it was a good idea to level up my witch doctors first before levelling up other creatures in the spirit chamber. I hope at some point to have something that gives good oversight over it.

14. Biervampir [AUT]

Biervampir [AUT] Bafu

Good news, I got the Ability informations.
    Bad news, I don't have much time in the next weeks. Perhaps in middle or end of February I will realease it, but I can't give any promisses.

15. Gerrit8500

Gerrit8500 Bloodling

No worries, awesome work! We'll have to see whether things change with the update.

16. Biervampir [AUT]

Biervampir [AUT] Bafu

Gerrit8500 likes this.