• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Creature] Kryphon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2012
Name Kryphon
Preface Wanted a more unique undead.
Appearance: (As Zerebus pointed the image below is from DND), the creature itself would be a humanoid, wrapped in ragged cloth with hood covering most of its face, with pale bloated skin, wrapped in chains. Its eyes would glow pale blue.

Added another image below, cross the body of the 2nd with the chains of the first (yes the other image is from DnD - they have thousands of high quality images)

Stats:
Health: High
Armor: High
Movement Speed: Slow
Attack strength: Medium
Attack speed: Medium
Intelligence: Medium
Construction: Low
Training Rate: Medium
Training Cost: High
Wage: 350
Skills: Melee, Chain Whip (range attack, whips the enemy with a chain), Shackle (wraps chains around enemy to stun them), Strangle, Flail (lashes out with lots of chains hitting every enemy around them)
Weaknesses/Resistances: Blunt, Light
Information: Unique undead, not the run of the mill skeleton, zombie, lich or vampire.
Appearance: Drowned person wrapped in coils of chains that end with hooks, spikes and weights. Their arms have chain whips attached to them that end in sickles.
Behavior in Dungeon: Hangs around the graveyard
Battle Style: Blitzer
Jobs: Guarding, Training
Loves: Other undead, water.
Hates: Creatures that live near or like fire and lava.
Anger reaction: Leaves dungeon
Lair: Pool of water
Obtainable By: Portal
Attracted by: Water, Graveyards
How Introduced: Any mission that involves water
Advisor Quotes: [OPTIONAL] Ah, what do we have here. Behold the Kryphon, bound with chains their death sentence for their crimes was rather brutal. Wrapped in still hot chains, they where thrown, screaming, into a deep lake so their spirit would not enter the after life. As luck would have it, for us that is, the hate these criminals had for their executioners ensured that death wasn't their end. They are tied to water and do not get along well with anything that likes fire or lava so be sure to make sure they don't lair near them.

Zerebus

Blood Imp
WFTO Backer
May 1, 2012
First off; Chain Demon picture from D&D.
Secondly I like this unit. It'd be good to have a different undead unit to the standard ones you get. Although I'd change his intelligence to low and training rate to high, because he's powered by vengeance and hate and that'd make him train harder.

Jan 9, 2012
Yea, I know its a pic from D&D. its the closest I can get to the idea of the unit without drawing it myself, and I suck at that.

I wouldn't want their intelligence low because they are not mindless like a zombie, hate fuels their undeath, but doesn't consume their mind. They rose themselves, which usually in fiction takes a lot of will power and those that raise themselves hold onto some intelligence.

Cold_Ankles

Gargoyle
WFTO Backer
Dec 10, 2011
South Australia
Yea, I know its a pic from D&D. its the closest I can get to the idea of the unit without drawing it myself, and I suck at that.

I wouldn't want their intelligence low because they are not mindless like a zombie, hate fuels their undeath, but doesn't consume their mind. They rose themselves, which usually in fiction takes a lot of will power and those that raise themselves hold onto some intelligence.
Note that in the context of WftO, intelligence is research power, not IQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom