• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Creature] Oblivion Knight

A good revamp of the old Black Knight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jared

Blood Imp
Nov 23, 2011
Gold Coast Australia
Stats:

Health: Very High
Attack: High
Armour: Very High
Accuracy: High
Agility: Low
Speed: Average
Recovery Rate: Low
Intelligence: Low
Training Time: High
Wage: High

Fighting Style: Utilizes mighty blows to incapacitate his opponents then finish them off with one powerful swift strike, He stands on the front-lines of battle as a keepers most capable Blocker there to absorb immense amounts of punishment enabling your more nibble creatures go in for the kill

Counter: The best way to deal with a Oblivion Knight is simply to overwhelm him with numbers especially the more nibble foes as the oblivion Knight is somewhat cumbersome due to his heavy armor. Being a pure warrior as well the Oblivion Knight is almost with out equal on the field of battle when it comes to melee but he has no means of dealing with magical attacks other then to attempt to close the gap between him self and the mage so mages who utilize freeze spells and the like could be a problem for him.

Skills:

Level One: The Fallen's Fury (He performs a 3 hit combo with the 3rd blow possibly knocking his opponent down ) average recharge time

Level Four: Stone Warrior ( He gains a massive boost to health and damage absorption although a significant penalty to movement and attack speed he also becomes completely immune to arrows and other projectiles, downside is he also becomes more susceptible to earth & nature spells from mages) slow recharge time

Level Eight: Juggernaut's charge ( He let's out a Roar then charge's headlong into his opponent knocking them off their feet and dealing moderate damage, any other enemy creatures or heroes nearby the target are knocked down as well from the impact) slow recharge time

Level Ten: Oblivion's Roar ( He lets out a mighty war cry that frightens weaker creatures making them flee the field of battle as well as gaining a major boost to attack damage and damage absorption, he also cannot be knocked down during this state which would last for 30 seconds to a minute ) very Slow Recharge time

Information:
Once they were part of a holy sect of Knights who guarded the sacred temples but long ago there was a dark gathering of malevolent forces deep beneath the earth, so these brave and fearless warriors of the light answered the call and went on a holy crusade to stamp out the evil once and for all, after numerous battles against the evil keepers and all the horrors of the underworld for many months they pushed further and further deeper and deeper into the dark abyss of the unknown, and so eventually they ended up lost in the deepest recesses of the earth and that is when they begun their slow decline into darkness & madness at first many of them would not give up hope of returning to the surface world this notion eventually drove them insane others were also driven mad by the constant voices and horrors that they en-counted in this dark and terrible place eventually many of them would come to discover the dark temples of the underworld and it was there that they would forsake their vows of virtue and honor no longer would their minds be their own as the Dark God's twisted their thoughts and bodies to serve them and thus the Oblivion Knights were born! Also known as The Fallen Knights

Behavior in Dungeon:
Oblivion Knights are not terribly inquisitive creatures they enjoy simply things and repetitive things which is why they are only ever in 3 places the training room the combat pit or the guard room. Because they are so combat orientated creatures they can become unhappy and annoyed if they don't get to fight often enough although alcohol and gambling can solve this as well as the odd bar fight. Despite their size and menacing appearance they don't tend to behave as bullies in the dungeon as they only want to fight something that pose's a challenge so they are more likely to pick a fight with a big ass demon then a little goblin ......... they'd probably just step on the goblin though and that's the end of that

Jobs:
Fighting, Killing, more killing, guarding and long walks on the beach <-- just kidding :D

Lair: A basic wooden bunk with old leather rag's for sheeting

Hates: Anything good, not fighting or getting to kill something for an extended period of time

Loves: fighting, killing, training or getting drunk regularly

Torture: The Torturer will will place him over a burning fire and make him cook alive inside his suite of armor

Anger reaction: Has a steroid rage like fit and proceeds to beat the living crap outta anything and everything close by, after that he's gonna drive that big hefty sword into your dungeon heart. He's also gonna kick the imps around your dungeon like footballs till they explode then he's gonna jump up and down on all the chickens, and seriously who's gonna eat a chicken pancake with big ass boot prints on ito_O

Attracted by: Combat Pit

Entrance Into Dungeon: Leaps out of the portal in a hail of fire and lets out a Battle Cry

Oblivion Knight.jpg

Hmmm that tattered cape he's wearing didn't come through to well on the scanner, I thought about the Big ass cape you mentioned Bukke Bruse but I think the tattered rag cape look suites this creature better (can't really see the cape between his legs sorry about that :oops: gives it a more brutal barbarian look like this guy has been through some battles and fighting that his once glorious cape is now just a tattered rag :p. Hope you like the horns and spiky bits! :D

Also he may appear to be short because I tried to make him look like he's built like a brick shit house still I assure you this guy would be standing at least 6 ft 5 in he's just really solid o_O

Nov 10, 2011
The Netherlands
Those stats, especially combined with some of the spells, look incredibly overpowered for a regularly attractable unit. (Very high health AND very high armor? High attack with a 3-hit move which causes knockdown at LEVEL 1?! Holy crap.)

You mention that to beat it you would need to overwhelm it in numbers, but what if I simply get as many Oblivion Knights as you have units? In groups, these things will beat out anything. It'll be like DK2's terrible balance all over again.

Roald

Blood Imp
Dec 2, 2011
looks awesome, cool backstory and a sick way to torture him XD.
The stats and ability's need tweaking though.
keep up the good work.

Jared

Blood Imp
Nov 23, 2011
Gold Coast Australia
Those stats, especially combined with some of the spells, look incredibly overpowered for a regularly attractable unit. (Very high health AND very high armor? High attack with a 3-hit move which causes knockdown at LEVEL 1?! Holy crap.)

You mention that to beat it you would need to overwhelm it in numbers, but what if I simply get as many Oblivion Knights as you have units? In groups, these things will beat out anything. It'll be like DK2's terrible balance all over again.
Yeah I guess that's true an army of these guys would be to much kinda like in DK2 if you had an army of nothing but dark angels or vampires, although you could also limit the number of them allowed at anyone time as well?
Or I more likely just reign back some of the abilities and stats.:confused:

so lets say then :
he has a moderate attack with moderate health and very heavy armor? and the lvl 1 ability would cause low damage and only have a knock down effect as a 1 in 10 chance of happening? and make the lvl 8 ability just knock down 1 target instead of being an area effect attack? oh I also did mention he is susceptible to magic so we could say he is very susceptible to magic and takes more damage from magical attacks then most other creatures therefore a group of mages should defeat a group of Oblivion Knights o_O

Jared

Blood Imp
Nov 23, 2011
Gold Coast Australia
Why not have only one of them because they have a massive hate for their own kind?
Well we could possibly limit their numbers to only 1 or 2 per 8x8 tile combat pit so you would have to construct a fairly large combat pit and have at least a 5x5 tile temple as well to get this creature to appear in your dungeon, we could also have 2 kinds of Black Knights: the Fallen Knights not as powerful as the oblivion knight's but you can have more of them up to 8 or so and make them slightly weaker then the Black Knight's from DK2.

So the Oblivion Knight's would become a somewhat unique and limited creature still very powerful but we would have to cap their numbers otherwise as Mothrayas mentioned this would become a game breaking unit that would just own everything if you had an army of them.

Another possibility is to just have the Oblivion Knight as a Neutral discoverable unit on the in game map that would be found only on certain levels of the game ( it would fit the hole theme of them being lost in the underworld ) and only 3 - 4 MAX at a time, but more likely only 1 or 2 at a time so things stay balanced :p

Also you couldn't have a converted good Knight in your dungeon as they would be attacked on sight by the Oblivion Knight's who have a supreme hatred for their justly kin and vice versa Good Knight's hate Oblivion Knight's for betraying their order and denouncing their vows.

Just so you know the oblivion knight would normally win because he has infused demon strength gifted to him from the dark gods for his service to them.o_O :)

Neros

Disciple
Dec 10, 2011
Denmark
The Art: When I look at the picture, to me it seems more like some kind of overlord than a brutish-warmachine, hell-bend on fighting strong opponents. Also, if they enjoy the simple, bloody things in life, then maybe it should be shown in their design as well?

On the the stats: I can basicly only repeat what the others said. Its to powerful as is.
so lets say then :
he has a moderate attack with moderate health and very heavy armor? and the lvl 1 ability would cause low damage and only have a knock down effect as a 1 in 10 chance of happening? and make the lvl 8 ability just knock down 1 target instead of being an area effect attack? oh I also did mention he is susceptible to magic so we could say he is very susceptible to magic and takes more damage from magical attacks then most other creatures therefore a group of mages should defeat a group of Oblivion Knights o_O
Moderate attack and Health would help allot. And when I look at the image, I don't feel that a knockdown is appropriate. If he had a bigger weapon, then definitely. The extra damage from magical attacks would help greatly in making him weaker, since basicly everything will have magic (more or less).

Black Knight vs Oblivion Knight: I wouldn't mind having this guy in the game, but to be honest, I loved the Black Knights simple, unhonorably aspect. Throwing hell-infusion into the mix isn't bad at all, but I think it should either be a new unit, or a uniqe type of Black Knight, who has gone beyond simple betrayal of his honorcode. So keeping the core stats (somewhat) and with changed abilities.

Triscopic

Crackpot
WFTO Backer
Dec 11, 2012
United Kingdom (Great Britain)
I thought the necromancer was just an in game unit! This is a thread from 2011.

The unit list is (as I understand it) set in stone now. Neither of the units outlined here made the cut, although converting a hero knight reskins them into a black monstrous version of their holy selves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom