• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[creature] Orc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric_shadowblade

Warden
WFTO Founder
Dec 23, 2012
earth
Name : Orc

Preface i was searching through the forums when i stumbled apon the gollum thread and [email protected] mention token orcs and goblins ao i thought id make this with my image of orcs

Appearance image:
http://www.google.com.au/imgres?num...w=112&start=0&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:88

Health: medium
Armor: high
Movement Speed: meduim
Attack strength: meduim
Attack speed: medium
Intelligence: meduim
Construction: meduim
Training Rate: meduim
Training Cost: meduim
Wage: meduim

Skills: level one : slash special skills: looter (loots fallen enemys)
level five : take down (knocks down enemys) tough skin ( reduces damage taken)
level seven : rage ( doubles damage decrease armour) quick healer (heals faster then standerd)
level ten: berserk charge

Weaknesses/Resistances: resistances: Slashing, Blunt, poison, Fire. weaknesses: Ice, Electric, Dark, Light.

Information: tall green and coverd in heavy armour a berserk orc charge will strike fear into the most vetern of empire soldiers

Appearance: tall green and heavly muscled coverd in armour with thick skull

Behavior in Dungeon: this creature bullies weaker creatures when idle and kicks imps, tortures prisoners pelts prisoners with stones it hangs around the lair, tavern, training room and workshop (and any other fighting style rooms) it hangs around with the Augre and Gruntling

Battle Style: offensive tank fights in groups of three ( rushs in and starts pounding on its foes till the become a pile of mush)

Jobs: training, guarding, construction, torture

Loves: fighting. Augre, bullying prisoners and creatures weaker then it.

Hates: juggarnuats, dwarves, elves, pixies, goodly creatures

Anger reaction: beats up other creatures, trashs rooms, steals gold

Lair: hammock/ cot ( see military cots)

Obtainable By: portal

Attracted by: lair, tavern, training room, workshop, prison, Augre

How Introduced: player is facing a hero who is good at scaring gruntlings

Entrance Effect: [OPTIONAL] clashing of metal, swearing, grunts.

Torture: [OPTIONAL] zap with electricty, shines bright light into its face, teases while creature is restrained

Advisor Quotes: [OPTIONAL] these brutes make for excellent heavy shock troops, they only respect strength however and will disoby your commands however a bolt of lighting can change that

toffeejay

Crackpot
WFTO Founder
Dec 25, 2011
If there is to be a creature with a similar design to the Black Knight in this game I'd rather it not be human and have him as an Orc.
Would be great to see the gnarlings get fighting zeal from being around him but also in fear of his wrath when he's angry.

Robofish

Necromancer
WFTO Founder
Dec 1, 2012
Surrey, laughing at how rubbish Sussex is.
I don't know why exactly, but I fell in love with the purple/pink orc (I'm color blind and always forget which it is!) and the simple average-strong hard hitter roll he filled in DK1. I would love to have another creature filling those shoes in WFTO without venturing too far into OP Black knight territory. Whether it needs to be an orc again though remains to be seen. There are alot of options and unless he's going to be a strangely colored throw back to the original, I have no strong preference it remains an orc.

Lord Proteus

Priestess
WFTO Backer
Mar 8, 2013
I support the idea of the Orc being an armored front-line warrior in WFtOW. I also think the game needs more "classic" creatures, like Orcs, Ogres, Minotaurs, etc...

Badwolf699

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Dec 18, 2011
Alot of people use Orcs these days I think WFTO is trying to be more Original, in my eyes Orcs are just cannon fodder.

Jun 27, 2012
I'd see them more as stalwart warriors, not the position of elite warriors. Lighter armor that appears to be scavenged might suit them better. Otherwise it reminds me too much of warcraft and I really dont like the orcs in that setting.

Lord Proteus

Priestess
WFTO Backer
Mar 8, 2013
What's the problem with the idea of Orcs being serious fighters who can craft their own equipment? Right now it is unknown what the "Armored Front-line Fighter" Unit will be in WFtOW.

theMarg0r

Dryad
WFTO Backer
Dec 28, 2012
Under a killing Spoon
I'd see them more as stalwart warriors, not the position of elite warriors. Lighter armor that appears to be scavenged might suit them better. Otherwise it reminds me too much of warcraft and I really dont like the orcs in that setting.
There's already the Gnarling, who's basically a goblin, with light, scavenged armor they make themselves. There's honestly no need for both orcs and goblins in this game.

What's the problem with the idea of Orcs being serious fighters who can craft their own equipment? Right now it is unknown what the "Armored Front-line Fighter" Unit will be in WFtOW.
Have you seen the Augre? Have you read of his abilities? They're tanky as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom