• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Creature Parliament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badwolf699

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Dec 18, 2011
I was thinking maybe the creatures of the Underworld could have some sort of Parliament were the highest and most skilled of creatures represent their race when it comes to domestic (trouble with the underworld) and non-domestic issues (Trouble with the overworld)

I imagine the room to be like the house of commons simple Greenchairs on both sides with a table in the middle for their paper work.

Depending on how many races you have on that level your Parliment may have to expand to accomodate the newer members but not by very much like 1x1 for a new chair.

So imagine the Underlord as the king/Emperor and 1 of the creatures as the Prime minister and the other creatures as ministers (no other partys that would complicate things)

It could be a life saver when you tell your PM creature to tell the others that they will be payed in the next payday so it will calm them down for as many turns as possible [a little bit of propaganda if you will] (in a way giving you time to rebuild resources)

Also it could be a morale booster for most normal creatures who believe in a fair system of decent living and working.

It's an idea which could work but who knows.

Enjou

Ember Demon
WFTO Backer
Jan 10, 2012
Been playing Disgaea?

Anywho, I don't really see it fitting into the world. I wouldn't think of Underlords as being the type of beings to share any sort of power with their creatures. It's more of a "do what I say or I'll throw in into the torture chamber" kind of government. Your creatures are also either mindless beasts or mercenaries who work for pay - they are minions, and as such are disposable. If they wanted a "fair system" they wouldn't work for a being of pure evil.

Badwolf699

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Dec 18, 2011
Animals run on instinct and could be very vicious towards us but we've been fair to them so they've been fair to us.
I'm sure their is fariness in every society just that from our perspective we can't see it properly enough to understand.

Kelphy

Warden
WFTO Backer
Jan 13, 2013
Australia
Animals run on instinct and could be very vicious towards us but we've been fair to them so they've been fair to us.
I'm sure their is fariness in every society just that from our perspective we can't see it properly enough to understand.
No... There is no fairness in the underworld. There is only sacrificing and torturing. :grumpy:

Jokes aside, I mean I sadly agree with Enjou. In my honest opinion it will never fit into the game.
I don't particularly want a prime Minister either giving out information to the minions. Nor do i wish for my minions to have meetings with each other.
To me it sounds like something that would probably ruin the game for me. However I'm certain there are people out there that love your idea. :)

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
yeah i dont like it either, and Kelphy and Enjou made some good points in my opinion ...

but a question arises ... is this meant to be a room or a general gameplay mechanic? (for the list)
(you mention room sizes but you know is it forced to have a Parliament or can you build it? )

Badwolf699

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Dec 18, 2011
It's a room with some mechanics which change the aspect of gameplay.
It may work better for the Empire, humans are more sociable then monsters/creatures I suppose.

Enjou

Ember Demon
WFTO Backer
Jan 10, 2012
It's a room with some mechanics which change the aspect of gameplay.
It may work better for the Empire, humans are more sociable then monsters/creatures I suppose.
I highly doubt that the Empire would put their government buildings in an underground warzone filled with things that would just love to slaughter them when they already control the Overworld.

Blade Chagrin

Blood Imp
WFTO Backer
Feb 9, 2013
I disagree with this idea harshly, the idea that your glorious Overlord could be setback or forced to manipulate the political schemes of his minions for his own gain is a rather humiliating idea. Are you not a powerful leader bending others to your will by sheer force of will? Are you not the single dark entity that will take over the over world and rule it for all time? A Keeper is a powerful force to be reckoned with, not to be bothered by the petty trifles of politics, if a creature were to try to make a democracy or Parliament it would receive a quick slap and be thrown into the nearest portal/prison/steaming pit of lava where its ideas would remain forever.

While a political system might suit some games and even manage to be...engaging, I do not feel it would fit or mesh very well with WFTOW.

vin

Spirit
WFTO Backer
Dec 24, 2012
UK
I think it would be cool but maybe not suitable for the game. Seems more of an rpg'ish element but it could be a campaign thing where certain species want a part of the overworld taken and will reward youin their own way for it to be done. More of a "beg the underlord for help" room than a parliament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom