• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Creature] Praetorian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggelos

Disciple
WFTO Founder
Jan 6, 2013
First time, please be kind people :)

The idea came when writing an answer to the walls resilience forum.

WallJaw
Health: High
Armor: Very high against melee, very low against spells, normal for the rest
Movement Speed: does not move/very slow
Attack strength: High
Attack speed: Very Low
Intelligence: Low
Construction: Low
Training Rate: Low
Training Cost: TBD
Wage: TBD

Skills:
Big bite: a slow but strong attack with its maw
None shall pass: the praetorian becomes a "wall". Can only be used where a door could be
Weaknesses/Resistances:
Diggers do 5 times the damage to a door-shaped praetorian. Resists to melee, but is weak against magic

Information: The praetorian is a slow moving, slow fighting creature, which acts quite the
"door ants" which protect the heart of the anthill, preventing anything unauthorized to access the heart. Their shape is specialized to help them blocking access to the next parts of a dungeon. Their mollusc appearance is inspired from the ability of octopuses either to block access to their eggs, or to create a wall with their tentacles

Appearance: A large mollusc like fleshy creature with a strong protuberant maw/a block of flesh with a maw when in "door" form.

Behavior in Dungeon:
If nothing prevents them to do so, the praetorians will try to fill holes where doors should be, effectively preventing access through the path, and yes, even for your creatures. They can be moved via a slap in these conditions. They ask no more than to be left alone. And have no other purpose

Battle Style: Will stay in place, trying to prevent anyone from moving. Can attack only if trained to

Jobs: n/a

Loves: Sitting idly in a path

Hates: Being moved

Anger reaction: Will "solidify" in the middle of the way

Lair: The "square grotto", a square shaped tube

Obtainable By: Underlords

Attracted by: fortified heart

How Introduced: no idea

Entrance Effect: no idea

Torture: wiggles in different shapes

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
where did you get this hilarious thing?

hmm while i think the idea of a "movable" door could work i see no reason why it should be a "normal" creature... its VERY special in its use and what do i want with say 5 of it?
another point is ... if it is like a door (since it can only be where a door can be) why not build a door instead?

his weaknesses are kinda redundant too ... vulnerable to spells? if it is a creature which can only be used in defence how is the attacking underlord supposed to cast spells? its "no mans land" there at least.

well adding it to the underlord creatures ;)

EDIT: cant add it this way ... we have a Praetorian guard in the list ... this would just lead to confusion ... is there another name you would like? (can you change the name of the Topic?) if you dont want it cant be helped ...

Aggelos

Disciple
WFTO Founder
Jan 6, 2013

hmm while i think the idea of a "movable" door could work i see no reason why it should be a "normal" creature... its VERY special in its use and what do i want with say 5 of it?
another point is ... if it is like a door (since it can only be where a door can be) why not build a door instead?
Because a door is too obedient ? :) No, seriously though, creatures don't "break down". There are strategies that you could use around a level-grinding, ko-reviving, moving door.
So far, in games the like of what WFTO could be, doors are not something you can "upgrade". This is what I propose :)

As a strategies example, never been upset because your stock of doors was "out" ? Here, if you fail to preserve your entrance, you can have a progressive fallback. I have other things in my mind.

his weaknesses are kinda redundant too ... vulnerable to spells? if it is a creature which can only be used in defence how is the attacking underlord supposed to cast spells? its "no mans land" there at least
I do hope, kind sir, that some creatures can cast spells :)
EDIT: cant add it this way ... we have a Praetorian guard in the list ... this would just lead to confusion ... is there another name you would like? (can you change the name of the Topic?) if you dont want it cant be helped ...
Changing to WallJaw, but can't change the topic name though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom