• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[creature] RageWalker

Good replacement for the Reapers which we can use or no?

• Yes

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 18, 2011
Some laugh at the idea of violent fey instead viewing them as they would fairies but they are wrong and the fairies dislike talking about extremely violent members of their race particularly the RageWalkers. All fey represent a force of nature even if it’s not clear what they represent as nymphs are of nature and beauty, Dryads of trees and forests, Fairies air and flying creatures, then the RageWalkers represent the nature of war and Destruction. They were once the warriors of their race they were as tall as giants with greater strength and looked like humans and who battled the servants of the Dark gods driving the monsters to the underworld. But their powers grew weaker and weaker for they needed battles to fight and their fey lords did nothing to stop the decline feeling that they were no longer in need of these once mighty fey. A third of these once mighty beings turned the Dark gods for aid knowing that they will always be needed for battle. The Dark gods accepted their services but cursed them by grafting armor to their skins and demanded a sacrifice to kill the rest of their own race so that the others will no longer serve the fey lords. They did so with joy and happiness to feel the rush of killing again. Now they live in the Dark dimension of the Dark gods they wait in their Iron Castles to be called by Keepers who have the might to command them.

Health: High
Attack: High (wields a huge spiked chain despite the weapons flouting around it)
Armor: High (wears grafted Full plate armor)
Defense: High
Accuracy: medium
Speed: fast / fast
Dexterity: Medium
Intelligence: High
Training Speed: High
Wage: High to extortionate

Fighting Style:
aggressive Blitzers who kill any in their path to the enemy including own creatures.

Prospective Skills
Level 1-Melee

Level 2-Weapon toss (they don’t throw their weapon they use telekinesis to throw one of their weapons in the could around them at an enemy they use this ability if they cannot reach their foe also nocks a foe to his or her back due to the force)
Level 4- Chaos (causes an enemy to go berserk any attack any one)

Level 6-to kill is to live (gains small amount of health back per hit)
level 8- whirl wind of blades (area attack that deals damage to every thing around it)
level 10- Mass Chaos (works like rage but effects more enemies)

Obtainable by, Attractable by
Sacrifice only

Hates
-creatures in its way

-creatures weaker than themselves

Loves
-Violence

-pit fighting (see Behavior)

-other fey and creatures of the Dark gods

Hang-out Group/Behavior in Dungeon
History/Story
See above for story. RageWalkers when they first enter your dungeon first tour before setting up a lair (picking them up before they finish their tour makes them unhappy). Once done with their tour they sent up their Lair next to the lair of your strongest minions. They like to spend their time by taking off duty creatures to fight in the combat pit to pit fight. They dislike guarding because if they are stuck in one area they might have lost a chance to fight in another. They dislike being around lesser creatures expecting them to have a more separate lair than the one they live in and will kick out any such creature in the lair it has chosen. Despite being evil to the core now they like the company of fey converted to your cause seeing them comrades and friends when enemy fey are taken to your prison The RageWalkers keep it and any other fey in there alive until you convert them. They also like to be around humans seeing them as a lesser version of what they were plus the potential for war and killing they have and are eager to train them personally (human minions being trained by RageWalkers may train up to level 5 but only in the training room) they will not train any other creatures in this way. When they “eat” they pick up the food animal and drain the life force out of it (the animal decays to the bone) then they toss the remains aside. When a RageWalker is defeated in battle they shake and rattle uncontrollably and they rip open a dimensional hope back the Dark gods Dimension go thou it and the hole closes you do not get that RageWalker again RageWalkers in the combat pit stops fighting when at low health and other pit fighters will not attack it. When they rebel they will not attack your dungeon heart (They respect the fact that the Keepers are the Leaders of the mortal forces of the Dark gods not them) and will attack and kill until they are satisfied then go back to being controllable again.

LairA throne made of weapons and broken armor
Appearance/Description

Mentor Quotes

Well done Keeper! The Dark gods are so please with your sacrifice they sent you a Ragewalker one of their most powerful servants ever known be careful to not upset it or it will turn on you leaving a path of bloody bodies.

Notes:
I wanted to make a creature like the horned Reapers but is a type of creature that the Keepers wouldn't think serve the Dark gods.
The picture shows you what one might look like.
Feel free to add more to the story
I mest up with the qeustion can is can't
and One last thing they can walk thou Lava unharmed

Roald

Blood Imp
Dec 2, 2011
cool backstory and awesome picture there maybe you can make it look biggen like more muscles bigger chest, blood on its spikes and weapons maybe?

Nov 18, 2011
Roald its larger than a giant and it is a fey its slim form hides the great stregth it has to rend opponets asunder

Roald

Blood Imp
Dec 2, 2011
Roald its larger than a giant and it is a fey its slim form hides the great stregth it has to rend opponets asunder
okay, i did not know it was that tall :p but maybe you have a point there but i dont know about the floating weapens maybe make that only appear with a ability?

Neros

Disciple
Dec 10, 2011
Denmark
The Image: Firstly, as fare as I recal, thats a fey from DnD. Can't recal the name though, so another design is probably appropriate. But I agree with the idea behind it, fits what I would imagen for its background with its slender built. However, having them being big as giants seem abit wrong, however, I know that not all fey are small timid creatures... Its just a stereotype I have in my head :p

Replacement: I don't think would a good replacement. The Reapers where... Really nasty.. I mean, they couldn't be beaten until the Keeper ran out of mana :p
If we are to implement something similar to the Reaper, then it should be more or less just as powerful and not something that walks around the dungeon, drinking blood tea with the goblins :D

Nov 18, 2011
Neros we can't use the Reapers because their an icon of Dungeon keeper and your thinking of Horny from Dk2 you could get armies of Horned Reapers in the first game but they can and will destroy your dungeon if not giving work or killing.

And did you not read its combat it will kill your creatures that are in its way to the enemy and the world of Fey is a strange one they can come in all shapes and forms the faryie is one example of their race DK has not even shown you of how dangrous they really are since they are mosly above ground and the game focus is underground.

Hugo

Concept Artist
Brightrock Games
Nov 14, 2011
Spain
Interesting creature, but I think a reaper's replacement should be some kind of violent and nasty demon. I imagine something with the looks of MtG's "Juzam Djinn" or even the more beastie lotr's Balrog.

The only thing that can replace a demon, is another demon. Sorry, but I feel that the knight look makes it seem too much like a Hero-esque character. Not to mention, in that specific image, he looks like he's dancing, or is one of those Spanish matadors but in knights armour! Olé! ...or is that Italian...

Nov 18, 2011
What does that have to do this creature Zuriki? I expect people trying to complemnt or try to tear this idea apart not get off topic.

Because the image represents the creature, and I don't like the look of it. So it's directly related.

In regards to the specific details; training speed should be slow (as to balance out having high stats) and perhaps intelligence should be low too (who needs brains when you can just slaughter everything?).

They should not have behaviours that directly affect other creatures (dragging them to training/combat pit) this causes the player to have to micromanage them too much (fixing the problems they cause).

They should attack the Dungeon Heart when angry, Keepers ask favours of the Gods and if they disrespect the Gods, they should be punished -- the Rage Walker is a servant of the Gods and therefore he is a tool of their will.

Is that the kind of feedback you were looking for?

Nov 18, 2011
Better but only one thing. Its a Fey not a demon and even the most well trained and disaplined soldier can love to slaughter. Its
intelligence makes it dangrous sinse it can plan and the fact you can only get them by Sacrifice tells you something Even if it does not replace the Reapers.

Neros

Disciple
Dec 10, 2011
Denmark
Spartan878: I know we can't use it (but it could be cool), and I didn't know that you could spawn endless reapers in the old game.. Ouch :p
And I did read the combat part about it killing things if it gets in the way, which might not be that much of a problem, as long as the keeper (is it even allowed to call them that?) is careful. But none the less, its a powerful thing but its drawbacks can be balancing.

And as I said, I am aware there is other fey, and Im rather cool with that. I've seen a couple of them both from D&D and Changeling, and I think they are cool. Its nice to see that there is so many side to the fey. But I still have that stereotypical picture of a faire in my head when I hear the word fey :p

Zuriki: According to their story, they are intelligent. In the fey world, they were aspects of war, yes, but being in war doesn't equal stupid by fare. You could justify it by saying the dark gods have dumbed them down, but I feel it would be much scarier if such a machine actually could think and coordinate.
I also kinda like that they don't attack your dungeon heart, but attack your creatures (which is bad). I see it as a nice change and makes it more unique.

Berserk suggestion: How about making it so that the rage it invokes increases attack damage a small amount as wel, so that it also can be used on allies in careful situations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom