• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Creature] Recluse

Status
Not open for further replies.

amcoops

Priestess
WFTO Founder
Dec 9, 2011
North Devon, England
Name: Recluse

Stats:

Health: Average
Attack: Average/High
Armour: Very low
Accuracy: Average/High
Agility: Very High
Speed: High
Luck: Low
Recovery Rate: Average
Intelligence: Can't research
Construction: Can't manufacture
Training Rate: High
Training Cost: Average
Wage: Low

Skills:
1. Swipe (attacks with hands/sharp claws)
4. Haste (Standard DK haste)
8. Ceaseless Massacre (An ability which, when activated, the Recluse can attack with little to no cool down time (swiping with both hands causing serious damage).

Information: Not much is known about the Recluse, the rumour is that they were once a large group of Heroes that became trapped by a cave in long ago. They were forced to survive in total darkness and very little food. This experience changed them.

Over time they were slowly dragged into darkness, they forgot who they were or why they were there. They became paranoid and turned violent to one another in their pursuit to survive even becoming cannibalistic. The women were raped and the men fought over the bodies of their friends.

Babies were born into this hostile place, they grew to adapt to their new environment; their senses became greatly enhanced, their eyes changed in appearance to allow as much light in as they could. Future generations could no longer be considered human.

Behavior in Dungeon: Runs around on all fours, usually venturing out to explore. It can run on the walls of your dungeon due to it's ability to climb.

Battle Style: Blitzer (No tactics, they throw themselves into battle with little fear or mercy)

Jobs: Scouting

Obtainable By: Comes through portal, after a Hatchery (equivalent) is built.

Hates: Doesn't really hate any other creature, but dislikes all of them. Will become unhappy in crowded dungeons and venture off to find solitude.

Loves: Being alone.

Anger reaction: When angry it will turn against your creatures, and attack any living thing nearby.

Lair: A dark hole in the floor that it squeezes into.

Appearance: The inspiration for this unit was the creatures in the movie (The Descent)...
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9TDE76y8IV0/TjrUiuRSXwI/AAAAAAAABnE/hufxmj6-Sw8/s1600/Descent 6.jpg

Appearance wise it would look similar to a that, and a Trog from Fallout 3...
http://images.wikia.com/fallout/images/5/5e/Trog.png

...but with...
- large eyes and an almost non-existent iris.
- very dark, almost black "skin".

How Introduced: Early melee unit, comes through the portal.

Attracted by: The room that provides food for your creatures.

Entrance Effect: Climbs up the side of the portal, and jumps down (like the rogue from DK2)

Torture: The torturer creates some sort of bright flash that terrifies the Recluse.

Advisor Quotes: "The smell of food brings a Recluse into your dungeon. These creatures will attack without pausing to take a breath, until it or it's victim is no longer able."

Input from christian pedersen

Jan 19, 2012
I like it actually! for some reason when i was reading it, it reminded me of gollum from Lord of the rings. Pesky ugly thing that crawls around with big scary eyes. But instead of it being blind... in full darkness they more learn to see more and have huge pupils.. how about having huge eyes and being over sensitive to light instead? and thats why it goes into solitude.. and lives in a dark hole? also fits with the torture.

amcoops

Priestess
WFTO Founder
Dec 9, 2011
North Devon, England
I like it actually! for some reason when i was reading it, it reminded me of gollum from Lord of the rings. Pesky ugly thing that crawls around with big scary eyes. But instead of it being blind... in full darkness they more learn to see more and have huge pupils.. how about having huge eyes and being over sensitive to light instead? and thats why it goes into solitude.. and lives in a dark hole? also fits with the torture.
I like that idea, a small change but it adds to their adaptation to their new environment.

Jan 19, 2012
I would say big eyes with huge yellow pupils. Covering their face when facing torches and stuff. This creature can really end up looking awesome as hell. I'm imagining 10 of these crawling on the wall lunging after enemies in a full out battle.

Inlaa

Priestess
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
Or, alternatively, a yellow iris and pupil, or one big pupil with no iris. This is fantasy; it doesn't need to be scientifically correct.

I have no real opinion on what the eyes should look like, but I figured I'd point out the above. A big, yellow orb inside this creature's eyes is certainly an option.

amcoops

Priestess
WFTO Founder
Dec 9, 2011
North Devon, England
Or, alternatively, a yellow iris and pupil, or one big pupil with no iris. This is fantasy; it doesn't need to be scientifically correct.

I have no real opinion on what the eyes should look like, but I figured I'd point out the above. A big, yellow orb inside this creature's eyes is certainly an option.
I agree with your comment about it being a fantastical world, but that doesn't mean we have to force it to be. In my opinion a yellow pupil would look strange, beyond fantasy.

My post simply asks whether the poster made a mistake in his post, and he actually meant yellow iris, not yellow pupil, because to me, it looks odd on the concept I'm trying to portray. The only picture I could find of a yellow pupil is this one...

...however, pictures of a yellow iris are abundant when searched for, which is why I thought he may have been mistaken.

Thanks for the input guys, appreciate it. :)

Jan 19, 2012
Ok yea mistake,.. But hey... Hmmm... Yellow iris.. Over sensitivity to eyes causing their pupil to be kinda whiteish like riddick if anyone seen that movie.. Like white grayish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom