• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Creature] Slave

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFW

Priestess
Dec 15, 2011
Tauranga, New Zealand
Name Slave

Stats:

Health: Average
Attack: Low
Armour: Low
Accuracy: Average
Agility: High
Speed: Fast
Luck: Low
Recovery Rate: Fast
Intelligence: He's mad from all the pain.
Construction: Average
Training Rate: Fast
Training Cost: Cheap
Wage: None, but he costs Mana to substain.
Gender: Always male. Female slaves serve another purpose, lets keep it at that...

Skills:
Level 1: Pickaxe*
Level 1: Hammer**
Level 5: Speed Boost
*The Slave swings with his pickaxe, used to dig through walls.
** The Slave swings with his hammer, used to build and attack.

Passive Abilities:
Level 3: Extra Luggage: The slave can now hold twice as much gold.
Level 5: Scare*: Heroic creatures are frightened at the sight of Slave, and become scared due to the fact that this could be them. (If you catch my drift) This does not work on Evil creatures, non-humanoid creatures and the Undead
*Temporary name

Information: Captured and tormented heroes from past conquests, the Slave is used for all the dirty work, digging through the land (at a faster rate than Imps), mining gold (can hold more than Imps), and serve as a cheap and easily aquired constructor.
Unlike Imps, the Slave cannot claim land.
The Slave will offer his services for free. But It's not like he has a choice.
Behavior in Dungeon: The Slave will behave like an imp, reacting instantly to a job, unlike Imps, construction counts as a job

The Slave can train in a training room for little cost and at a fast pace, he will only do so if A) There are no jobs
B) The Training room is idle.

The Slave will run from all enemies. He is so cowardly, he will run when your Dungeon Heart is being attacked, when Imps will stand their ground.

If recaptured by Heroes/Good, he will become a Knight or Wizard (Randomly selected)
Once this happens, he resets to level 1.

Battle Style: Only comfortable in a fight surrounded by allies, he will not engage in 1v1 combat, and will chicken out if outnumbered. This applies even if your Dungeon Heart is being damaged, where other creatures would fight to the death.

Jobs: Mining, Digging, Constructing

Obtainable By: Keepers

Hates: He hates a lot of things, like you for instance, or the damn Imp on his back that keeps wipping him. Fortunatly, he is in no position to complain.

Loves: Being free maybe? doubt that will happen.

Anger reaction: He doesn't get angry. If he did, the Imp on his back will fix that.

Lair: The floor.

Appearance: A strong, tall man. He was a former knight, believing he would bring justice to the underworld. Boy he was wrong.
Forever hunchbacked, and with an Imp on his back with reins in one hand and a whip in the other, the Slave is able, well forced really, to aid your dungeons expansion and defences.

How Introduced: Since they are the captured units from previous conquests, the Slave will appear in level 2 at the earliest.
Attracted by: Nothing, the Slave will arrive even with no buildings, but there is a small pool of them available (around 5 or so) To obtain more, You need to do something with imprisoned creatures (I haven't thought this far, if you can come up with some way to obtain more via imprisoned creatures, please share)
Keep in mind that Slaves DOT NOT COUNT TOWARDS YOUR POPULATION LIMIT.
Like Imps, he costs Mana.

Torture: Being freed, but held in place as he tries desperatley to run away. In a comical "run in place" kind of way.

Jared

Blood Imp
Nov 23, 2011
Gold Coast Australia
Firstly this is quite hilarious!:):D

Secondly ........now I'm not flaming you or trying to insult you but this is the worst creature suggestion I have seen :confused: The Idea of slaves in the dungeon is cool and makes sense but THIS GUY is absolutely useless I mean whats the point in having him if he performs the same function as an imp only far less efficiently and the imp doesn't take up population cap where as this guy does? or doesn't? anyways imps a better minion.

As far as combat is concerned from what you have described at the first sign of danger despite being a tall strong man hes going to piss his pants retreat to a corner somewhere where he'll attempt to fling his feces at his opponent like a monkey while shrieking like a woman as he gets raped by the imp on his back and supposedly this guy was once a mighty brave knight???? WTF??? Although this would be goddamn hilarious to watch :D:D hell I'm laughing right now thinking of it.

Also whats the point in training him up if hes such a coward that he pissbolts from every confrontation??? Sounds kinda pointless hell I'd rather pay to have a more capable creature in the dungeon

My suggestion is to make it that he is a low level manufacturer that helps the better workshop workers and don't make him a coward he should be a low level but capable combatant so medium health & low damage no armor and in numbers they should be more brave like the goblins.

His weapon should be a short sword or club he should also have high speed and agility

Dec 19, 2011
Auckland/New Zealand
Gender: Always male. Female slaves serve another purpose, lets keep it at that....
First of all, roflmao at quote.. "Female slaves serve another purpose, lets keep it at that.."

Second I could see them being perhaps passive rescuable (captured and forced to work) creatures in hero populated realms close to the surface representing peasants or hero simple folk/civilians who might have wandered and gotten themselves lost looking for some stupid kitty or something (humor no offence to your cat LFW he/shes swell >.<).

I could picture them with simple civilian clothes on and perhaps holding torches or pitchforks.

Could have numerous uses as say sacrifices (sack five and get gold or a skeleton.. dunno), fun play toys (slap slap slap *evil grin*), luxury food (nom nom?), could even be turned into pretty lair decorations and yeah the ideas are endless lol.

Nov 15, 2011
you sure as hell did entertain my stinking ass, thas for damn sure!!! :D

it would be fun to have slaves, i imagine one of your creatures becomes annoyed with one of the slaves and rapes or eats him!

LFW

Priestess
Dec 15, 2011
Tauranga, New Zealand
Thank you for the mixed suggestions

The original idea was that the slaves will work as an early game constructor, with the aditional ability to being able to mine/dig at a better rate than imps.

Now, I'm making the following changes (removing the majority of the complaints) will these help fix this terrible idea?

~ The Slave will now fight, but is still a cowardly beast and will run if out numbered or not protected by his friends.
~ The Slave no longer counts towards the population limit
~Since it no longer counts as population, the Slave will now cost Mana to substain.
~If the Slave is knocked out in combat, and captured by an enemy, he will turn back into a Hero
~Added two new abilities to make leveling up worthwhile:

Level 3: Extra Luggage
The slave can now hold twice as much Gold.
Level 5: Scare (Passive ability)
Heroic creatures are frightened at the sight of Slave, and become scared due to the fact that this could be them. (If you catch my drift) This does not work on Evil creatures, non-humanoid creatures and the Undead

Dec 19, 2011
Auckland/New Zealand
It's not a real good suggestion to be honest
Ok Evi cool you got your opinion, but you mind explaining why you think its not a good suggestion so people can elaborate on it?
I suggested it as I think it would help create the idea we are invading or attacking the surface (Overworld), it also attempts to add to the evil humor in the game.

Dec 19, 2011
Auckland/New Zealand
Heroic creatures are frightened at the sight of Slave, and become scared due to the fact that this could be them. (If you catch my drift) This does not work on Evil creatures, non-humanoid creatures and the Undead
Hmm.. scared of slaves or the idea they could become a slave ? I recall in most movies and games where there are large bulky egotistical heroes, slaves were usually laughed at and disowned in many circumstances because they are so lowly and simply because they got caught in the first place. This Is debatable.. I like your idea though, similar to the skeleton creating fear of death.

Evi

Witch Doctor
WFTO Backer
Nov 14, 2011
Ok Evi cool you got your opinion, but you mind explaining why you think its not a good suggestion so people can elaborate on it?
I suggested it as I think it would help create the idea we are invading or attacking the surface (Overworld), it also attempts to add to the evil humor in the game.
I dislike it because it's basically another Imp that's 'better' (Mines faster, carrys more) so why bother using imps if you can get plenty of these guys? They're apparently attractable from a portal with no requirements of rooms, so even if you lose some of these guys, they'll just pop back out of the Portal.

If I was to have a idea, it'll be to have it where if you drop a imprisoned enemy unit onto the ground, they'll be shackled and forced to work at nearly the same rate as imps (But not better than them, just to have some extra workers in a tight spot, like needing to dig out some gold quickly and such) but should a enemy unit hit them, they'll be released from their shackles and are free to fight back. Even then, the concept (While nice on paper) may not work out in the gameplay.

LFW

Priestess
Dec 15, 2011
Tauranga, New Zealand
I dislike it because it's basically another Imp that's 'better' (Mines faster, carrys more) so why bother using imps if you can get plenty of these guys?
As I said, a small pool of around 5 Slaves, over the 15 or so Imps the average Keeper has. Plus Slaves cannot claim land.
There should be some way to obtain more, but it requires something to do with imprisoned enemies that, lets face it, you'd rather convert/skelefy. (so no, you can't get plenty of these guys)

so even if you lose some of these guys, they'll just pop back out of the Portal.
The same could be said about Imps, hell, you can create Imps whenever you want, the Portal creates creatures semi-randomley.

Evi

Witch Doctor
WFTO Backer
Nov 14, 2011
As I said, a small pool of around 5 Slaves, over the 15 or so Imps the average Keeper has. Plus Slaves cannot claim land.
There should be some way to obtain more, but it requires something to do with imprisoned enemies that, lets face it, you'd rather convert/skelefy. (so no, you can't get plenty of these guys)
You can't predict what people will do, they might want to get more slaves and what's to stop them from converting other player's slaves? Otherwise I'll be having the slaves dig and reinforce walls while imps just breakdance on all the dirt floors.

The same could be said about Imps, hell, you can create Imps whenever you want, the Portal creates creatures semi-randomley.
Creating Imps cost mana (And progressively get more expensive as you summon more) while Slaves cost nothing when they come out of a portal. Besides, you said they don't count against the population limit, so they'll definitely appear after you reach a population limit with other creatures.

Dec 19, 2011
Auckland/New Zealand
You can't predict what people will do, they might want to get more slaves and what's to stop them from converting other player's slaves? Otherwise I'll be having the slaves dig and reinforce walls while imps just breakdance on all the dirt floors.

Creating Imps cost mana (And progressively get more expensive as you summon more) while Slaves cost nothing when they come out of a portal. Besides, you said they don't count against the population limit, so they'll definitely appear after you reach a population limit with other creatures.
Second I could see them being perhaps passive rescuable (captured and forced to work) creatures in hero populated realms close to the surface
Converting slaves, im not sure whats being taken from the game capturing and converting creatures ?
You can predict what people would do Evi I agree it would take alot of the significance of imps away from the game with slaves being attractable though the portal.

My idea did not have these creatures attractable through the portals (having them coming through the portals doesnt make a great deal of sense to me as slaves, why would they be attracted to your dark presence ? If I were a slave id want to run away and try start a-new) I pictured slaves as passive rescuable.
Stuck in Hero rooms and near hero portals wandering around doing nothing being stupid, acting like critters in say Starcraft which do nothing but wander about.
When slaves are still under hero control Id call them civilians or hero simple folk.
Once walked upon by one of your creatures go "holy shit AHHHH wtf ?!" and attempt to run away or put up a feeble fight get knocked out, end up in your prison, be torchered in the chambers, reveal a lot about the heros and eventually die or become slaves. Slaves from what you guys have all discovered would be over useful making them worth the effort trapping and converting and stealing from other players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom