• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Creature] Tardigrunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheButcher

Blood Imp
WFTO Backer
Jan 13, 2013
Ireland
I always thought there should be a creature similar to the bile demon but in a more alien form.

I present the Tardigrunt (Tardigrade in real life) ->

Obviously you would change the features around and rename it to a more suitable DK name. I like the alien type features and looks like a sturdy slow battering ram (Good for doors or absorbing damage). Maybe a weak enough creature < Level 5 but after this it obtains sturdy armored skin, ability to stand, close combat health absorbing powers, that type of thing. It could be one of the few creatures that can withstand huge levels of heat (like in real life), crossing lava for a limited period.

Weaknesses/Resistances: Resistant to fire/ice/poison

Jobs: Training

Loves/Hates: Indifferent to all

Lair: Some type of pod

Health: Level 1-5 Medium / Level 6 - 8 High / Level 9-10 Very High
Armor: Level 1-5 Low / Level 6 - 8 Medium / Level 9 - 10 High
Movement Speed: Very Slow
Attack strength: Level 1 - 5 Weak / Level 6 - 8 Medium / Level 9 - 10 High
Attack speed: Slow
Intelligence: Low
Construction: Zero
Training Rate: Low
Training Cost: High
Wage: Medium

Skills:

Level 1: Melee
Level 2: None
Level 3: Health Absorption (Must be close to victim)
Level 4: None
Level 5: Armor Force (Strengthens armor for limited duration of allied creatures around him)
Level 6: Stand Up Claw Attack (Creature stands to deliver a powerful swipe with claws)
Level 7: None
Level 8: Headbutt Battering Ram (Useful for doors, traps, defenses)
Level 9: None
Level 10: Gunge Attack (Projects grey glue like substances over a small distance to slow enemies approaching)

Let me know what people think!

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
That pic gives me the creeps :confused:

I like the idea as it is, however. While the Bile Demon was the tough guy in DK1/2 (well, not as tough as our beloved Horned Reaper, but you get the idea), the games had no proper meat shield, that is, a unit that dealt relatively little damage while being capable of taking enormous amounts of punishment. However, I think that, being a meat shield unit, the Tardigrunt would require some form of 'Taun' ability - afterall, its main ability is to keep the squishy minions alive by taking the beating that was originally reserved for them. However, without a taunt ability most human players (and AIs that are not completly nuts) would simply run around the Tardigrunt and pulverize the squishy Warlocks/Acolytes/GenericSpellcasterNameHere anyway.

Another option would be using the Tardigrunt as a dedicated siege unit - that is, turning it into a literal bulldozer that would clear out traps and doors, with its heavy armor defending it against range attacks. As a payoff, there Tardigrunt would have to be more suspectible to melee attacks for the sake of balance, making support by your own ranged or agile melee minions a necessity.

TheButcher

Blood Imp
WFTO Backer
Jan 13, 2013
Ireland
Yeah the meat shield type unit would definitely suit this type of RTS, it would bring a welcomed different dynamic to the game play I personally feel.

The longer you train this unit obviously the more gold/resources you have to put into it which could hamper your other dungeon efforts. Users can then decide if it's worth using that time to build up this siege creature/unit. It could be worth your while if the other DK has decided to completely turtle with non-stop doors, traps, defenses, spells etc.

That pic gives me the creeps :confused:
Hehe...exactly the point ;)

Plus he looks really ugly which suits the DK1 style of creature :p

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
o_O i think its kinda cute !

but i like the idea of the "alien-form" like demons (dont want to have to much humanoid creatures ... because its boring)

TheButcher

Blood Imp
WFTO Backer
Jan 13, 2013
Ireland

A few creature-feature changes to make it more ugly/horrifying would be appropriate for the ikkle bugger. A fight between the Augre and this guy would be interesting.

TheButcher

Blood Imp
WFTO Backer
Jan 13, 2013
Ireland
Euââârk !

I have a strong phobia of maggots, worms, and all that stuff

I like that creature, I don't know why...
It does look like the type of thing if modeled right would give you the chillys.

If you possessed an imp and turned a corner, it's the last thing you want to see staring at you.

With no facial expression or features, it does give off a dark/cold vibe, but evil is good, right? :D

May 22, 2013
Netherlands
Why not make it so that it can grow in size to block a (narrow) passageway?
It wouldn't need a (I'm guessing) complex taunt-mechanic, and smart players wouldn't be able to navigate around it

Jan 3, 2013
Why not make it so that it can grow in size to block a (narrow) passageway?
It wouldn't need a (I'm guessing) complex taunt-mechanic, and smart players wouldn't be able to navigate around it
It would make creature too strong since it will make fights in standart tunnel nearly impossible to win.

OT : Creature really looks fine, if there will be lack of ideas, this one could fit the game pretty well. Picture is creepy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom