• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Creature] The Lingering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2013
Units
Name The Lingering

Preface An old, undead (But not skeletal nor zombie-like) melee champion who leads the vanguard into battle.

Appearance image:

Stats:

Health: Very High
Armor: High
Movement Speed: Low
Attack strength: Medium
Attack speed: Low
Intelligence: Medium
Construction: Low
Training Rate: Low
Training Cost: Medium
Wage: Low

Skills:
Passive: Allure of the Grave: Any enemy that is hit by a melee attack or ability of The Lingering will be damaged over time and take increased damage from any further melee attacks by undead allies of The Lingering
Passive: Undeath: The undead require no food or sleep.
Level 1: Melee. Reckless Slash: Deals double damage compared to a normal melee attack and reduces the physical armour of the enemy struck by 25%. After using the Heavy Attack, The Lingering will downgrade their armor from High to Low for the next 3 seconds, and then they will upgrade it to medium for the next 3 seconds, before restoring high armor.
Level 4: Charge of the Vanguard: Charges forward and deals damage upon arriving to the destination. Nearby friendly melee units gain 100% movement speed and 10% attack speed for the next 5 seconds. Long Cooldown.
Level 5: Champions Call: Heals 10% of each nearby ally's HP and upgrades their armor one step above their current armor rating for 5 seconds.
Level 7: Deaths Grasp: The Lingering uses undeadly powers to choke an enemy, suppressing their actions and dealing damage to them for 4 seconds. This ability can be broken if sufficient damage is dealt to The Lingering during the channeling. The Lingering is unable to do anything else while channelling this ability. Higher-ranked creatures have a high chance of entirely resisting the effects of Deaths Grasp.
Level 9: Martial Insight: Activating this stance gives The Lingering a 50% chance to block an enemy attack, but reduces attack damage from The Lingering by 60%.
Level 10: Linger. When reduced to below 25% HP, the Lingering can activate this ability to heal 60% of their HP during 12 seconds (5% each second). 1 minute cooldown.

Weaknesses/Resistances:
Slashing: High
Blunt: High
Fire: Medium
Ice: Very Low
Electric: Low
Poison: Very High
Dark: Medium
Light: Medium

Information: While skeletons and most undead creatures have no minds, and can always be relied upon to be stalwart defenders of their master, some undead still retain a mind of their own. These old champions of undeath have simply refused to die, keeping themselves alive through unholy magicks or a blessing from whatever deity that guards them. Alone, dead but still alive, these men and women find themselves in a living hell they cannot escape from. Some of these champions decide to finish whatever business they left unfinished in the living world, but most simply live for the carnage of battle, hoping that one day, someone will strike them down in the midst of combat.

Appearance: Either carrying chainmail or plate armor, from a distance you could mistake them for the living. Up close, you'd quite quickly realize that their pale white skin, their numerous untended wounds and cuts and the blood leaking from their eyes means they are most likely dead, or suffering from a horrible skin condition. They usually wear a hood around their head, to avoid undue attention to themselves, though they usually remove the hood in battle, as it has proven most effective as a scare tactic, inspiring fear simply from their appearance. On their backs, they carry large two-handed swords, hammers, maces, flails or axes that they use in combat to devastating effect.

Behavior in Dungeon: The Lingering will actively seek out combat as much as possibly, heading for either the Arena or whatever current combat situation arises. If these are lacking, they will either spend their time in the training room, or in the temple, attempting to appeal to whatever deity they fancy.

Battle Style: Offensive tank-support. Will actively seek out battle and will charge into battle before any other creatures even see the enemy. Will refuse to retreat against any odds if they've already engaged the enemy.

Jobs: Guarding and training.

Loves: Combat, praying, training.

Hates: The Lingering heavily dislike any other undead, due to their mindless nature which is in stark contrast to their own. They will avoid skeletons and other undead as much as possible, but it's not unheard of that The Lingering will attack the undead if sufficiently angered.

Anger reaction: Will attempt to kill any undead that you have in your Dungeon, or simply any other creature that they can find.

Lair: A burnt and dirty bed.

Obtainable By: Will arrive through portals, but can also be encountered ''in the wild'', but these neutral Lingering will usually be hostile to any travelers.

Attracted by: Will be attracted by Dungeons with both a Graveyard and a Temple

How Introduced: A few of them will be found at a Graveyard during a mission, after which they will be recruited into the Underlords army.

Entrance Effect: [OPTIONAL] The room will become a lot darker during the entry of The Lingering.

Advisor Quotes: [OPTIONAL] ''Well Underlord, it would appear an undead champion have arrived in your domain. But be careful, it is not so mindless as it appears. These are not your ordinary skeletons, mind you. In battle, he will charge forward and lead your army into battle. Don't let him grow angry, however, for he is a constant death seeker and will take any opportunity for a fight, and will never surrender, nor will he flee from battle.''

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
Sounds good! Remembers me of the 'Draugr' from Skyrim
and it still sound good too you? wow XD

im not sure if i like the idea of an undead that buffs just other undead ... it would force you to build around it and make not-undead creatures weaker.

a leader unit was discussed before and i like the idea of it being undead (just not for ONLY undead )

(But not skeletal nor zombie-like)
pale white skin, their numerous untended wounds and cuts and the blood leaking from their eyes means they are most likely dead, or suffering from a horrible skin condition
sounds like a zombie to me :D

but its okay this way ;)

maybe changing its appearance from zombie like to ghost or shadow like could be nice (like armor filled with nothing or shadows -->reanimated armor / ghost)

Jan 7, 2013
and it still sound good too you? wow XD

im not sure if i like the idea of an undead that buffs just other undead ... it would force you to build around it and make not-undead creatures weaker.

a leader unit was discussed before and i like the idea of it being undead (just not for ONLY undead )
It's only the passive that buffs other undead. Personally, I just thought it made sense that it would interact well with other units of it's kind.
sounds like a zombie to me :D

but its okay this way ;)

maybe changing its appearance from zombie like to ghost or shadow like could be nice (like armor filled with nothing or shadows -->reanimated armor / ghost)
The way I think of a zombie is less pale, and more green infested-like, with flies or whatever around them and shambling around, in contrast to this who is cleary decently clean and has a rather normal walking stance.

Robofish

Necromancer
WFTO Founder
Dec 1, 2012
Surrey, laughing at how rubbish Sussex is.
Interesting. I don't know if there will be a vampire or a lich or such like creature, and I think I would prefer the strongest undead unit to be more magic based (I think there are a lot of options for high end melee creatures already), but if that's not the case this wouldn't be a bad creature to fill the spot, especially if the dev team wants to keep along the original creature trend they seem to have been going for so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom