• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Creature] Thorned Creeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huntress
WFTO Founder
Apr 20, 2012
Worthing, West Sussex
ok this idea was originally a joke, but I've thought about it some more and i actually think it could make a really good creature

Name Thorned Creeper

Preface The name is a pun on Horned Reaper clearly, and it's a powerful and rare unit just the same, it is basically a demonic Vine creature, with big thorns, it could be humanoid, or more plant shaped, my original idea was for it to be a mass of thorny vines, with the exact same silhoette of the Horned reaper, with brown thorns where the Reapers horns would be, and also small thorns all over.

Appearance image: something like the first one, but with horns, although I'm open to something more like the second one, but that's not my preference.

Stats:
Health: High
Armor: Hign, plant matter is tougher than flesh, the thorns are as hard as the hardest wood known to man.
Movement Speed: Medium, it creeps rather than runs.
Attack strength: Very High
Attack speed: Medium/low, it's a plant afterall
Intelligence: zero
Construction: zero
Training Rate: Medium
Training Cost: Medium
Wage: Low

Skills: (Abilities that your creature can learn. Always add Melee to level one, and a ranged attack or such (e.g. archer's arrow) if appropriate. Use the Level: Skill [Description, if required] format for easy reading. In addition, they can have additional special abilities as well (think like flight, and such).)

Weaknesses/Resistances: weak to fire, but resistant to blunt melee, normal resistance to fire and slight resistance to edged weapons.

Information: I's a Giant Spiky Plant Demon, basically no ability to think, but hella tough

Appearance: It's a Giant Spiky Plant Demon!!!!!

Behavior in Dungeon: just sits there, in it's lair

Battle Style: Tank

Jobs: none

Loves: Sunlight, water

Hates: Lava

Anger reaction: Become completely idle

Lair: a patch of soil with a shaft of sunlight

Obtainable By: Creature possibly obtainable by portal, possibly neutral convertible, also possibly summoned by temple

Attracted by: water, and sunlight (rare)?

How Introduced: found in a sunlit clearing at the bottom of a pit

Entrance Effect: [OPTIONAL] i dunno.

Torture: [OPTIONAL] un-torturable

Advisor Quotes: [OPTIONAL] that it is planty.

Malyanan

Priestess
WFTO Founder
Jan 8, 2012
Australia
I like this idea! Mostly because I love thorny plant monsters, but whatever. :{P I like the second picture more as concept art than the first, but I'm not a huge fan of needlessly humanoid creatures, so I'm probably biased. :p

For me it makes sense for them to be a neutral convertible creature; you stumble across one growing underground and it joins you.

What I heard from the advisor in my head: Congratulation Underlord, a Thorned Creeper has decided to join you! After all, blood is an excellent fertilizer, and what better way to get it than working for a keeper? ;)

NaGeL

Priestess
WFTO Founder
Feb 24, 2012
Budapest, Hungary
Sounds great but one thing...

Behavior in Dungeon: just sits there, in it's lair

Anger reaction: Become completely idle

Whats the difference?

Huntress
WFTO Founder
Apr 20, 2012
Worthing, West Sussex
default behaviour: it will sit there until you tell it to do something

anger reaction: it becomes so idle it won't even fight, it'll just make it's way back to it's lair, and stay there.

NaGeL

Priestess
WFTO Founder
Feb 24, 2012
Budapest, Hungary
by tellin g him what to do, is dropping him somewhere? because if so, training and battle is the olny useful thing that we can tell him to do... so thi is kinda redundant..

make them do smething..dunno what plats do thought...

Medjay

Shadow
WFTO Backer
Aug 23, 2012
Canterbury
I really like the 'Thorned Creaper'. I personally would feel that it might benefit from an animal structure (like an animal on four legs, spikey and demonic) but that's just me. It's just that the Horned Reaper was very demonic and aggressive...which I guess is hard to live up to if you're a plant ;) .

Huntress
WFTO Founder
Apr 20, 2012
Worthing, West Sussex
To be honest guys, i came up with the name and THEN tried to think of what it would be like :D so my ideas might suck

I really like the 'Thorned Creaper'. I personally would feel that it might benefit from an animal structure (like an animal on four legs, spikey and demonic) but that's just me. It's just that the Horned Reaper was very demonic and aggressive...which I guess is hard to live up to if you're a plant ;) .
How about something like this? It's a Scrunt from Lady in the Water, although it is more grassy than thorny of viney, and I think it's kind of cute.

or this perhaps, which is quite cool, but needs more thorns, and probably a bit too big, i think it needs to be more slender

almost more like this, but thorny instead of bladey

or this

Medjay

Shadow
WFTO Backer
Aug 23, 2012
Canterbury
Yeah! I like these. If you were to mix them all up and add that little spark of 'GRRR' or 'GROWL', I can imagine a very cool creature :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom