• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[creature] Vampirine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheiftain

Blood Imp
WFTO Backer
Nov 28, 2012
name: vampirine

Appearance: below, but I don't really care what it looks like that's just a general idea
6984449353_7602362352.jpg

Stats
health: high
armor: low
movement speed: medium
attack strength: high
attack speed: very slow
intelligence: very low
training time: low
training cost: medium
wages: very low

skills
lvl 1- claws, basic melee attack
lvl 4- fear, like fear traps in DK2
lvl 6- screech, enimies move slower and are weaker
lvl 10- feed, eats an unconscious creature to regain health
note: some of these can be changed

Weaknesses/resistances: resistance to melee and weak to magic

Battle style: tank

Job: none

loves: graveyards, corpses and fighting

Hates: goodly heroes and temples

anger reaction: attacks everything until killed or calmed

lair: torn up corpses and rags

obtainable by: portal

attracted by: enough corpses in a graveyard

torture: ?

Blizzard

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 3, 2011
Behind you
Could make a good replacement to the vampire
(yes i am aware it doesn't have the same role but it does allow some sort of vampire without the danger of the all seing evil eye of EA or trademark )
Perhaps the level 4 fear ability is a bit to powerful
maybe it should only affect creature below its level and there a chance of them resisting

Jan 7, 2012
Perhaps the level 4 fear ability is a bit to powerful
maybe it should only affect creature below its level and there a chance of them resisting
I dont think EA will be able to do something against vampires, everybody uses them and the DK vampire model they already made is so iconic that it could have been used in every other game before without being recognized as the vamp from DK.
Fear effects can be very annoying if used too much, so I think the abbilty 4 could be replaced with number 10, or changed into something deseasing.
The creature misses some advanced characteristics/abbilitys, maybe you could inspire yourself from some of the original vampire myths like the strigoi or draugr. (jup, the humble skyrim zombie apperead in european myths bc, it drank blood and had many weird but powerful abbilitys)

Blizzard

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 3, 2011
Behind you
Just had an idea for the torture
The vampirine has garlic shoved in his mouth ;) or the vampirine is forced to watch a twillight XD

Cheiftain

Blood Imp
WFTO Backer
Nov 28, 2012
ok the feed abilitie at level 4, no fear abilitie and at level 10 it has the rage abilitie which makes its abilities recharge faster and move faster.I like the torture idea :)

Jun 27, 2012
Looks more like a demon or such than a vampire, considering that there likely will be demons and devils in the game as well it might be better to have vampires looking a bit more human.

Maybe a pale human vampire with black hair and red eyes and dark robes would already be quite different from the one in DK, perhaps he could have a handweapon or staff as well.

RachniKiller

Gargoyle
WFTO Backer
Dec 12, 2012
I dont think there allowed to name it "vampire" a better name might be "Nosferatu" the garman name for Vampire, and if you have ever seen the early movie the Vampire is less then pretty

Jan 7, 2012
I dont think there allowed to name it "vampire" a better name might be "Nosferatu" the garman name for Vampire, and if you have ever seen the early movie the Vampire is less then pretty
No one can claim the name vampire for his company, thats like Ea would try to stop a project because of the word "dungeon"
other possible names for vampires are upir and wrukólaka.

RachniKiller

Gargoyle
WFTO Backer
Dec 12, 2012
true but i thought i read some were that the creators of this game werent going to be using the same unit name as in Dungeon Keeper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom