• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Creature] Wraith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 17, 2012
I have been looking around a bit and read that Undead creatures like Skeletons and Vampires wouldn't be able to be tortured to gain Ghosts, as they don't have souls unlike regular creatures. What I've been thinking is that the Undead must be animated through some sort of force that acts as a soul for the creature, but I think that if a Undead creature was strong enough say Lvl 10 then if it died due to torture this force would also be strong enough to come together into it's own form. The force then becomes a Wraith a dark ethereal creature that feeds on the souls of the living. They would be stronger than a Ghost and also have more offensive based spells. They would appear as dark purple/black transparent skeletons that float in the air and have a trail of thick fog instead of legs.
Or something along the lines of these.
Not sure what Ghost stats were but here you go =P
Stats:

Health: Moderate-Low
Attack: Moderate-High
Armour: Low
Accuracy: Moderate
Agility: Low
Speed: Moderate
Luck: Moderate-Low
Recovery Rate: Moderate
Intelligence: Very High
Construction: Very Low
Training Rate: Low
Training Cost: Moderate
Wage: Moderate-High

Skills:
Not the best but this was a quick idea =P

Level 1: Claw/Melee
Level 2: Dark Bolt
Mid-long range spell, (Low Dark Damage) Causes fear in enemies for 3 seconds.
Level 4: Draining Bolt
Long range spell, (Moderate Dark Damage) Drains life.
Level 6: Spectral Gaze
Mid-long range spell, (Moderate-Low Dark Damage) Silences an enemy for 4 seconds.
Level 8: Dark Bomb
Mid-long range splash spell, (Moderate-High Dark Damage) Causes Fear for 3 seconds and Drains life.
Level 10: Spectral Scream
Long range AoE spell, (High Dark Damage) Silences and Poisons for 5 seconds.
Level 10: Dark Possession
Mid-long range spell,(Dark Elemental) Enemy becomes Wraiths Slave for 15 seconds, major enemies immune.

Feb 9, 2012
I would like to see wraiths in WFTOW, they can easily replace ghosts. I think you should give it some abilities and characteristics.

Jan 22, 2012
Well this idea was suggested multiple times now.
excellent idea! definately add more, abilities/stats/ect!
I aggre too much stuff on it (if sarcasm) // Too much stuff hurts this (if not)

Soo it have
3 single disables
2 AoE disables
1 Insta kill ability

Let's compare this to .... Hmmm it's uncompareable :/
With those stats either lower number of abilities drasticly / raise costs dramaticly
I really really really really do not like fluff for this. Torture skeletons and vampires to get something like this ? Nope
a)skeletons too easy to gain b)Vampires >>> most of things
While zombies and skeletons etc do posses dark force animating them other ones are pretty much free from anything like this.

My advice for you is to look at this. Remove all of it. Think about it for a second time (about 10 minutes minimum). Edit this.

Feb 17, 2012
Well this idea was suggested multiple times now.

I aggre too much stuff on it (if sarcasm) // Too much stuff hurts this (if not)

Soo it have
3 single disables
2 AoE disables
1 Insta kill ability

Let's compare this to .... Hmmm it's uncompareable :/
With those stats either lower number of abilities drasticly / raise costs dramaticly
I really really really really do not like fluff for this. Torture skeletons and vampires to get something like this ? Nope
a)skeletons too easy to gain b)Vampires >>> most of things
While zombies and skeletons etc do posses dark force animating them other ones are pretty much free from anything like this.

My advice for you is to look at this. Remove all of it. Think about it for a second time (about 10 minutes minimum). Edit this.
Like I said it was a quick idea, The skills do damage to enemies just I thought they could use a little side effect, the lengths of the effects may be too long and the effects themselves too strong, the cooldowns would be relatively long aswell. The stats are a bit weird because I don't know what the Ghosts stats were. They wouldn't be easy to get as you need Lvl 10 Undead, and you'd get a Lvl Wraith from them (I may edit it so you need multiple Undead), plus they would also level fairly slowly.

Inlaa

Priestess
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
I will say one thing that I will ardently stand by: Nothing justifies an instant death ability. I won't bother you about anything else, but this pizza does not think an instant death ability is good for balance.

Feb 17, 2012
Edit: Changed Stats slightly, Lowered Effect Strength and Length, Added Damage Amounts. Dark Bomb is now a Splash spell (Small AoE upon impact)

Feb 17, 2012
I will say one thing that I will ardently stand by: Nothing justifies an instant death ability. I won't bother you about anything else, but this pizza does not think an instant death ability is good for balance.
Yeah that was just a "Maybe, Maybe Not" spell, Though it is only single target, Creatures immune to Darkness wouldn't be affected along with Major enemies such as Lords of the Land, Avatars, Kings, Princes, Stone Knights etc.. and it would have a very long cooldown. =P But I understand why it would be cause balance issues. Any ideas for an alternative?

Jan 19, 2012
I really like the idea.. A instant death ability might be a little overpowered yes. As its a wraith which is pretty much a force of death.. How about calling on a soul from the depths and sending it into a foe and enslaving it making it into the wraiths pet for a set amount of time. Just a thought as the instant death might be too much. all in all.. me likey.

Feb 17, 2012
I really like the idea.. A instant death ability might be a little overpowered yes. As its a wraith which is pretty much a force of death.. How about calling on a soul from the depths and sending it into a foe and enslaving it making it into the wraiths pet for a set amount of time. Just a thought as the instant death might be too much. all in all.. me likey.
You know what, I like that idea =D

Edit: Doom Claw Changed to Dark Possession (Enemy becomes Wraiths Slave for 15 seconds, major enemies immune.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom