1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crucible issues

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by GLoRToR, Dec 31, 2016.

1. GLoRToR

GLoRToR Blood Imp

Hi,

So before I submit these as bugs I'd like to get some feedback in case it is something I am doing wrong, please.

- Waves come insanely fast, I literally can't even train or rest my warbands for the next onslaught, to the point where by wave five I have lost most of my first arrivals and have no sufficient levels as well as those that I have are annoyed at not being paid.
    - I get random "lane blocked" warnings about five minutes in when I literally don't have a single Chunder to craft a door / have not put Replacement Earth anywhere.

I'm playing the first map on standard difficulty.

+1 suggestion: A noob difficulty would be amazing.

2. Nutter

Nutter Vanguard Founder

Hi GloRTor
    From the sounds of it, those might not be actual bugs... rather just things that are intended but not communicated very well for new players.

My first piece of advice would be to start off on a different map, Fireside is the most complex/complicated map because it's lanes all differ from each other in terms of setting up your defenses. You'll probably find it a little easier on some of the other maps whilst you're getting to grips with things.

At the start of the game you're usually best using defenses/traps to hold off waves of enemies, and because you need defenses to be built you're probably best putting your chunders in the peaceband group so they focus on building defenses rather than fighting.

You can also use respite to buy yourself some more time if you're struggling to get setup before waves spawn or need a break to rest your army.

The lane blocked warnings could be due to certain rooms (such as the arena or prison) which can block unit pathing, although that's just guesswork without seeing a screenshot of your setup. Basically it's not just doors (which in fact don't count as blocking as they can be destroyed by the attacking units) and replacement earth which can count as blocking the paths.

You might also want to consider looking at slowing down the game speed using the slider in the options screen, as that gives you more time to plan and react to things happening.

Hope that all helps

GLoRToR likes this.
  3. GLoRToR

GLoRToR Blood Imp

Thanks for the help!
    EDIT: Traps make this so much easier than trying to micro manage low level warbands.. I replace a few broken traps while my minions unhappy themselves to level 10

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  4. GLoRToR

GLoRToR Blood Imp

Little over 3 million as a first try, not too bad if I say so myself.
    How do you handle the upper waves? They just steamroll everything

5. Arkanis

Arkanis Dwarven Worker

I've found a few ways that lane blocking gets triggered improperly (Overly-zealous settings to guarantee nobody bullshits an exploit, which is fair). Simply removing a tile of a bridge anywhere seems to count, as a single point on a path has been removed. Adding any doors in the direct path to the Dungeon Heart causes it, but not if they are in a path not connected. Using Replacement Earth to block in a construct, trap or room tile.

I've gotten the subtleties down pretty well on what not to do, but it's definitely frustrating to see a long-running Crucible get screwed by an Earthquake because you installed a Wooden Door somewhere randomly.

6. Nutter

Nutter Vanguard Founder

As far as I know, Doors (and Ramparts) aren't supposed to trigger earthquakes, since they are destructible meaning the path isn't truly blocked (units can destroy the obstacle and pass through)

7. Arkanis

Arkanis Dwarven Worker

I haven't seen a rampart cause an Earthquake, but doors absolutely do - or at least did that one time I used one, and never did again (At least in a path to the heart). Here's my specific list of repeatables that caused Earthquakes:

- Laying a Well of Souls or Aureate Monolith and covering it up.
    - Removing a tile of bridge over lava.
    - Setting up Replacement Earth near traps with or without ramparts, not blocking anything.

Sometimes setting up a new Replacement Earth will cause an Earthquake on a tile in a different wing, which is very confusing. All in all, since there's so much opportunity for possible abuse, I don't disagree with Mendechaus being overly cautious. My solution is to do a 'dry run', and set up any Replacement Earth or bridges you need before anything else is put down. Haven't had a problem with that.

8. Angel of War

Angel of War Warden

It also seems that if you Blocked a lane at some point before, and you Build a Prison or a Arena anywhere on the map, the Game will Register it as another attempt to block a lane and will start additional earthquakes.

9. Angel of War

Angel of War Warden

Btw. is Pinkeye Suposed to 1hit almost anything or is that a Bug? And how much HP has that thing? I was never was able to kill it with my creatueres and my traps, I always had to spam apokalypse at it until it dies. =/