1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crucible Spawning Changed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gregored13, May 20, 2017.

1. gregored13

gregored13 Ghoul

I've tried looking at the update notes, but have not found anything about this. I've gone back to the Crucible, to see if I can try some of the strategies provided by others, but I have noticed that now, it seems that the spawn rate for minions has been greatly reduced.. I build an Archive with four lecterns, but do not get four Cultists.(which greatly slows down my Sin generation) I build a pretty good sized barracks, but only get 2 Gnarlings, and the same thing with the Forge/workshop. While I could, in the past, with some effort, reach wave 75. now, I am lucky if I can get past wave 20. I just do not have enough minions, even with my defenses built up. I've tried converting enemies, but it is taking forever to get a Succubus to spawn even with a four position Torture Chamber.

2. Biervampir [AUT]

Biervampir [AUT] Bafu

Here's teh spawn rules: https://forum.brightrockgames.com/threads/spawn-rules.9727/#post-93639
    Yes the spawn rate has been decreased, but not the minions per prop number.

As earlier you start building rooms, as faster you get minions.
    Prisoners will slow down your spawn rate.
    Converted minion will slow down your spawn rate.
    Many different minions, will lead, that the minion you get next spawn randomly.

3. gregored13

gregored13 Ghoul

So, according to the rules, if I delay adding a Beast Den, I will get my intelligent minions faster? I'm just trying to get a fell for what will now work best for the beginning waves of the Crucible

4. Biervampir [AUT]

Biervampir [AUT] Bafu

That's true, no beasts means faster spawn for intelligent minions.

Crucible comes down to you plan you follow and your Skill.
    Even though your plan is more importan then your skill.