• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Notice the new look? We've updated to a new version of Xenforo, please read our latest post.

Czech Translation

Feb 25, 2018
Czech Republic
Hi guys,

first of all i would like to thank you for this amazing game and first real true successor of Dungeon Keeper! I believe every fan of DK has been waiting for opportunity to become evil once again and you gave us this chance, i am really glad for this.

Also i have been considering translation to czech for quite some time, but postponed it till now. Reason why i have started now is because one of my friend got interested in WFTO and unfortunately his english is not very good and have no experience with DK, so jumping in a game become bit hard for him. And i hope my translation will be helping hand for him and eventualy for even more players, that have same problem.

I will have definitely some question (one that will be posted right after this post) during process and i hope you will help me with clarification :)

Thanks and keep up in good work. And i am looking forward to patch 2.0 and another expansions :)

Cheers,
Daniel

Tim White

Writer
Dev Team
Apr 26, 2016
Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your kind words about our game, that really means a lot to our team :)

We will gladly support your translation into Czech, and answer any questions you have. I see you have posted one already, so I will hop on over to that thread and reply.

Also worth noting is that a LOT of new/edited text is incoming for Patch 2.0 and the new expansion.

Thanks again!
Tim

Feb 25, 2018
Czech Republic
Hi Tim,

you welcome, you really deserve it :) And i also thank you for support.

Regarding Patch 2.0, how are you planning release game texts? As Edit file or as complete pack? Also i would like to ask, if changes in current game text will be somehow marked (in note column), so i (and other translators as well) will know, what texts has been edited. I havent exactly looked on Edit files, if they contain some change mark already, but something like this would be definitely good. If you do not plan anything like this, then fortunately i am developer myself and i can create small utility to merge base text file and Edit files and mark them for me. Now are Edit files small and it can be done manually, but as you are saying, Patch 2.0 will bring LOT of text changes :)

Thanks a cheers,
Daniel

Tim White

Writer
Dev Team
Apr 26, 2016
Hi Daniel,

The game text updates for 2.0 will be posted here: https://forum.brightrockgames.com/threads/useful-files-templates.11348/

We will likely release a completely new version of the master template file (v3), which will contain ALL game text, including everything that has been added or edited for 2.0; so for those starting a new community translation at that time, this would be the best template to use.

But we will also release separate files - one containing only the new additions for 2.0, and another containing only the edits made to previously-released text for 2.0. These are for translators that have already started a community translation using a previous master template. They would simply need to add the new data rows at the end of their current translation sheet, and then do a find-replace on the edited rows. This will then bring their translations up to date.

Hope that makes sense! Please let me know if you have any more questions :)
Cheers,
Tim

Feb 25, 2018
Czech Republic
Hi Tim

thanks for info. Do you have any release time planned already? And will you be releasing some beta texts up ahead of actual release, so translation can be prepared before Patch 2.0 is out?

Cheers,
Daniel

Tim White

Writer
Dev Team
Apr 26, 2016
Hi Daniel,

Release will be somewhere in Q1 to Q2 this year, though we haven't unveiled an exact date just yet.

We will likely release all the community translation text for the update in a single batch, around the time of release, once it is all finalised. I appreciate this means you can't get a head start on the translation, but it also helps keep the content secret until it is officially released.

Cheers,
Tim

Feb 25, 2018
Czech Republic
Hi Tim,

understood. Thanks for all informations. At least i know now how much time i have to complete translation for current version of game. I also understand, why you dont want to reveal all game secrets up ahead :) Totally fine with me :)

Thats all for now, if something pop up in future, i will ask again.

Cheers,
Daniel

Top Bottom