1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discord server maybe?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Archive' started by Moreum, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Moreum

Moreum Crackpot Founder

Greetings dear community,

I have been sorta quite here on the forums since I just didn't have nothing to say and just waiting for better optimization for the game (devs please focus on optimizing the game, the latest patch worsened optimization imho). However, that's besides the point now back to the real subject at hand Discord.

I've been using discord for about two months now and it's been a great experience in terms of building the community and gaming multiplayer organizing. Therefore, I propose to use discord as complementary to steam group 'WFTO - Multiplayer Group'.

Also Discord is extremely easy to setup just with few clicks and very easy to use.

Please give your feedback and your thoughts whether it's a good idea.

(Disclaimer: I know I've pushed the idea about bringing the IRC channel back and that didn't work but please consider this idea)

P.S. if you need a moderator I'm willing to volunteer for the next two to three months.

2. Xander

Xander Crackpot

Who's paying you to sell this buggy/glitchy program?

3. Moreum

Moreum Crackpot Founder

nobody for real. No really nobody I just like the service.

4. Fireeye

Fireeye Shadow Backer

This would require an extensive rewrite of Wfto's already rather unstable network code. I'd strongly prefer for the latter to be optimized before we try any experiments with completely new ideas.

5. Simburgur

Simburgur Managing Director Dev Team

Discord is just a chat program. I've heard of it but not really looked into it.

Might set one up, will talk to Lee.

6. Lord of Riva

Lord of Riva The Lord Founder

looks basically like slack though. we may be able to incorporate it there?

7. Simburgur

Simburgur Managing Director Dev Team

That's basically what it is, just far more geared to an open community than a closed team.

8. Noontide

Noontide Award Winning Community Manager Dev Team

I don't see any reason why we couldn't have one in principle. Though I've not really looked into it.

9. Noontide

Noontide Award Winning Community Manager Dev Team

We're going to trial this and push it to the public in an upcoming news post. In the meantime you can join the server via this link.

10. Moreum

Moreum Crackpot Founder

okay I joined the server, I am active on some communities and pc master race server on discord just run on another dispay reading stuff and sometimes getting into voice conversations with people. And I don't know where Xander got an idea that I am selling this I have more important stuff to do than selling something on a forum that barely active at some points of time sorry if I offended you sir/ma'am