• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DK level HELP!

I'm currently stuck on Mistle. I've dealt with the heroes but the other keeper is beating ten colour of shit out of me. Initially I had all the gem blocks, but now they've got the better ones in the NE(?). I only have the three I had near the start of the level. The enemy's got a fuckton of level 10 skeletons and some l10 bugs that have managed to kill two of my reapers. I've got a good number of poweful creatures (inc 12 vamps), but I can't train them properly because the imps aren't mining the gems fast enough. I had to fire my last reaper because he went berserk for not getting paid. The vamps are getting hissy too. I hate seeing my vamps and dragons getting wiped out by a bunch of skeletons and bug, but it's no good without getting them trained to a higher level. The enemy holds monopoly now with a full treasury and l10 minions.

What do I do? :'(

Psycix

Dryad
Founder
Jan 9, 2013
Reapers and vamps are very hard to maintain financially. Take it slow and be sure to manually pay them a small amount of gold every payday.
To get more out of your gems, train your imps and keep a small treasury close.

Castigator

Gargoyle
Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Germany
I'm currently stuck on Mistle. I've dealt with the heroes but the other keeper is beating ten colour of shit out of me. Initially I had all the gem blocks, but now they've got the better ones in the NE(?). I only have the three I had near the start of the level. The enemy's got a fuckton of level 10 skeletons and some l10 bugs that have managed to kill two of my reapers. I've got a good number of poweful creatures (inc 12 vamps), but I can't train them properly because the imps aren't mining the gems fast enough. I had to fire my last reaper because he went berserk for not getting paid. The vamps are getting hissy too. I hate seeing my vamps and dragons getting wiped out by a bunch of skeletons and bug, but it's no good without getting them trained to a higher level. The enemy holds monopoly now with a full treasury and l10 minions.

What do I do? :'(
You can go rambo on the enemy and kill his Skeletons in a guerilla fashion, if you are familiar with possession. Train one creature to save money, if you have to cut expenditueres. The AI will act in a predictable manner, so once you learn its pattern, this knowlege will benefit you in any and all skirmishes against it. Kill its imps, to delay its income, Bugs at level ten are only risky to engage in melee, otherwise you can kite them to death. If all the enemy imps are digging the gems, you can turn one imp invisible and try and capture his rooms. Sell them, if the enemy is trying to recapture. Even Skeletons get upset if they have no lair.
If all this fails, try to attack the enemy dungeon heart directly, the enemy doesn't protect it like a human player would.
If that doesn't work, or the enemy wins, start anew and funnel the heroes into your enemie's dungeon. He will lose, and you win once his Dungeon Heart falls. I call that "Victory through diplomacy!"

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2013
A little tip : Don't build 5x5 training room from start. Go for 3x4 one and train only strong creatures first. This way you won't run out of gold and will be able to maintain your dungeon properly.

Regarding opponent Keeper : Try to bait him to fight and slowly kill his army if possible. AI usually has stronger army so going head to head combat won't be in your favor. There are many ways to gain advantage over AI, including a trap field trick, where you ''prepare'' arena for a fight by covering it with traps and then bait it to fight right on traps, witch will give you an advantage.

Peetfighter

Juggernaut
Founder
Jan 23, 2013
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Reapers and vamps are very hard to maintain financially. Take it slow and be sure to manually pay them a small amount of gold every payday.
This is hard because vampires will teleport to the treasury and drain a lot before all other minions are there.
Valhallaist, I suggest you watch the time bar for pay day closely and pick up your 8 strongest Vampires just before it is payday, then when the mentor announces the payday release 1 of them and sprinkle a small gold pile from your treasure over him, then the next one and so on. Then I suggest you sprinkle money over all your other creatures approaching the treasury. Dragons and Warlocks are the most common money hungry creatures apart from the vampire and Horny. You may want to examine how much each creature takes to make sure you don't give them more than you want. Hope this helps. ;)

The Rambo method isn't working so far. I guess I need even higher level minions. The paying beforehand is a pretty good idea, actually. I'll have to remember it. Vampires at higher levels are well annoying. You try to drop money on them and they vanish. There's got to be a way to drop money on your minions before they run off at high speed. The really annoying thing is that in each of the skirmishes, the skeletons didn't seem to even get a single scratch on them. Even against a level 5, 6 and 7 vampire.

Also, I have a pair of dragons that are refusing to train. WTF?

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2013
The Rambo method isn't working so far. I guess I need even higher level minions. The paying beforehand is a pretty good idea, actually. I'll have to remember it. Vampires at higher levels are well annoying. You try to drop money on them and they vanish. There's got to be a way to drop money on your minions before they run off at high speed. The really annoying thing is that in each of the skirmishes, the skeletons didn't seem to even get a single scratch on them. Even against a level 5, 6 and 7 vampire.

Also, I have a pair of dragons that are refusing to train. WTF?
If you ever feel like you run out of gold, use Call to Arms spell on your territory before payday comes. This will prevent your creatures from getting upset or stealing gold from treasury, while your imps will mine the required gold in time.

Psycix

Dryad
Founder
Jan 9, 2013
Just toss em in the lair and drop gold on them while they are sleeping.
It also makes it easier to see which you already gave and which you didn't.

If you're tight on money, don't train all of them at the same time. Just train them one by one.
Takes too long? Speed up the game with shift (or control, not sure) and numpad + / -.

Jan 3, 2013
Just toss em in the lair and drop gold on them while they are sleeping.
It also makes it easier to see which you already gave and which you didn't.

If you're tight on money, don't train all of them at the same time. Just train them one by one.
Takes too long? Speed up the game with shift (or control, not sure) and numpad + / -.
Do note, this means speed is increased for everything on the map. Would be sad if you would end up being killed too quickly.

Finally won the level. -___-'

It was more luck, really. The enemy started trickling into my Dungeon. This let me finish off his level 10 skeletons and bugs in small portions. Then it was time to march into his Dungeon and my way to the Heart. It expect Skybird Trill to be even more ball destroying, though.

Jan 3, 2013
Finally won the level. -___-'

It was more luck, really. The enemy started trickling into my Dungeon. This let me finish off his level 10 skeletons and bugs in small portions. Then it was time to march into his Dungeon and my way to the Heart. It expect Skybird Trill to be even more ball destroying, though.
Skybird Trill aka last level of Dungeon Keeper Campaign isn't that hard. Trick is, don't destroy Hero Heart too early, and try to convert as many creatures as possible. Blue Keeper can be destroyed later with an army of dragons, just make sure you get lvl 10 of them and convert all Avatars to your side.

Jan 3, 2013
Sounds like a piece-a-cake... o_O

I'm also thinking about doing what I've been holding off for a long time: play those bonus levels that I despise (I can't stand possession combat) and transfer a creature.
You will have to deal with hero attacks from 4 areas once you destroy the Hero Heart, be ready to cover your own one with lots of traps and watch for side attacks, those are especially dangerous.

Castigator

Gargoyle
Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Germany
You will have to deal with hero attacks from 4 areas once you destroy the Hero Heart, be ready to cover your own one with lots of traps and watch for side attacks, those are especially dangerous.
Correction, the destruction of the hero dungeon heart is not the trigger for that hero invasion. But once you convert the first avatar, hell breaks loose and several groups of heroes includung another avatar will invade your dungeon. You can place boulder traps next to the hero portals to reduce their number, but avatars are immune to boulders. After you converted the second avatar, you win.
The blue keeper is optional, but for 100% completion, you might aswell finish him too. The enemy starts with 1.000.000 gold, so it will take time to drain his coffers, but he won't be able to spend indefinitely.

Jan 3, 2013
Correction, the destruction of the hero dungeon heart is not the trigger for that hero invasion. But once you convert the first avatar, hell breaks loose and several groups of heroes includung another avatar will invade your dungeon. You can place boulder traps next to the hero portals to reduce their number, but avatars are immune to boulders. After you converted the second avatar, you win.
The blue keeper is optional, but for 100% completion, you might aswell finish him too. The enemy starts with 1.000.000 gold, so it will take time to drain his coffers, but he won't be able to spend indefinitely.
IIRC Blue Keeper has gems on north so draining him out of gold is not an option. There is another way to beat him though, but it is very tricky and requires lvl10 dragon to work well. Basically, knock Avatar from prison towards Blue Keeper's Heart. While avatar will be busy breaking doors, distract Blue Keeper by attacking him from bottom. If you do it right, he will either die from Avatar or slowly lose his army since he will have to split it into 2, where your troops should be able to crush them. If you do it quite early, it's quite likely Avatar alone will kill Blue Keeper ( I managed to do that once ), in that case you can prepare yourself for fight against Avatar and claim every land ( afaik bridge is granted only after Blue Keeper's death ).

Top Bottom