• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

DLC: DK1 Campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrolight

Bafu
WFTO Backer
Jan 6, 2013
I thought about using the upcoming map editor to recreate the DK1 campaign but since that requires access to scripting, I was thinking that you could add that as a bonus campaign possibly as paid DLC assuming the layouts of the original DK maps don't present some kind of copyright issue.

Oct 2, 2015
Australia
Hopefully they will add triggers/spawnpoints/beacons at a later date so fans can get truely creative, ever played dungeon keeper on starcraft 1? There was a map for that. One day hopefully, but for now they should get the barebones version out asap to strengthen the community

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
In all honesty, if you want to play the DK I/II campaigns, I'd recommend you play DK I or DK II, respectively. War for the Overworld is heavily inspired and meant as a spiritual sequel to both titles, but it's neither DK I nor DK II.

Mar 16, 2015
That's a really, really quick way to get EA to sue them into oblivion. And then for Bethesda to sue them for the connection to Oblivion. You're a lot safer hitting up GoG, where you can snag the pair for $12.

Oct 18, 2015
Nobody can sue fans though, for recreating maps from DK in Map Editor... It would even be cool in multiplayer, having one player as the Keeper, and the other the Heroes. Nostalgia factor + WftO features = Yes please.

Oct 2, 2015
Australia
If you want a challenge search for "fairy dungeon keeper" if the site is still up it will explain how to mod the campaign and how to add and play new maps also the how to fix the broken AI to hard or extra hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom