• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Notice the new look? We've updated to a new version of Xenforo, please read our latest post.

DLC

mike

Blood Imp
Backer
Mar 11, 2012
i dont know if its been bought up before. but will you need to pay extra for DLC? or will it be a mc style update scheme

Noontide

Award Winning Community Manager
Dev Team
Dec 8, 2012
Preston, UK
I'm guessing you're talking about WFTO so I'm moving this topic across there.

Currently the focus is getting the game finished and up to the great quality the Devs expect from themselves, in the future it is possible that there may be paid DLC but it'll always be something big that really adds to the game like new campaigns or game modes stuff that takes that little extra investment of time and money.

There will of course be plenty of free updates and Subterranean Games plans to keep supporting WFTO for a long time to come.

Jan 3, 2013
i dont know if its been bought up before. but will you need to pay extra for DLC? or will it be a mc style update scheme
DLC's usually cost money. However, they don't cost much so price is not a problem in this case. What matters however is if those DLCs will be worth their price, nobody wants to pay money for something like a new map and one new skin.

Badwolf699

Juggernaut
Founder
Dec 18, 2011
I had an idea that possibly in 2014 that for like 8 or 12 weeks would be DLC Friday, a new DLC would be revealed at a reasonable price and maybe some free DLC's on WFTO Wednsday.

sorudo

Warden
Backer
Jan 3, 2013
building my dungeon
IMO a DLC should be big enough to be worth the price but small enough to make it an option, some games have DLC's that adds so many stuff it pretty much forces players to buy it because without it the mods don't run.

Enjou

Ember Demon
Backer
Jan 10, 2012
There will be ten packs of Day 1 DLC which cost $5 each and only change one aesthetic thing for one minion. You must remember that the devs for this game are evil and enjoy causing suffering.

thefinn

Bloodling
Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Perhaps they could get EA to open an online store in-game and DRM the whole thing, then we could build dungeons next to each other as well!

(And the devs could have shit thrown at them whenever they showed their faces at a games con ;))..

Enjou

Ember Demon
Backer
Jan 10, 2012
Perhaps they could get EA to open an online store in-game and DRM the whole thing, then we could build dungeons next to each other as well!
No, they won't be doing that. The devs are evil, but even evil has standards.

Top Bottom