• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Door] Black Terror

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaptor

Blood Imp
WFTO Backer
Feb 22, 2013
Name: Black Terror Door

would look like: (look like teeth erupting from the walls with a black fleshy door frame) think of starcraft nybus canals filled with teeth

Ability: when a enemy looks at this door it becomes a mirror reflecting their greatest fears (causes low level/inexperienced mele units to flee) they run for 3 or 4 blocks before coming to their senses

range of ability : 3 or 4 tiles in a 180 arc from door

Durability: moderate but very weak vs magic attacks.

Weakness: spell casters and archers can hit it from range but magic deals more damage. Does not effect spell casters at level 3 or above since their affinity with magic makes them more resistant to the effects. however for all other units unless they are level 6 and up they are subject to the terror effect.

Information: just like how dungeon keeper had fear traps this door would fill the same function causing weak armys to get delayed on their way toward your dungeon heart. encourages planning for longer term battles if the heros are using it. forces the enemy to either bulk up their levels or invest in their casters and archers.

s

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
i like your approach on the fear traps, it could be a nice approach against wrath players and thus an early trap for slothm players.
but on the other hand this might just ... for this too strong... it would make early attacks absolutely ineffective which may break the balance between the veins.

we dont know enough about the veins , moral/fear (if it exists) to make a serious guess if it can be balanced ...

adding this then. keep up the good work ;)

Vaptor

Blood Imp
WFTO Backer
Feb 22, 2013
i like your approach on the fear traps, it could be a nice approach against wrath players and thus an early trap for slothm players.
but on the other hand this might just ... for this too strong... it would make early attacks absolutely ineffective which may break the balance between the veins.

we dont know enough about the veins , moral/fear (if it exists) to make a serious guess if it can be balanced ...

adding this then. keep up the good work ;)

im pretty sure it worked almost the same way in dungeon keeper 2 diffrence is spell casters being the key unit to break it used to be only skeletons or vampires

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
oh ... yeah i didnt say that the fear trap in DK 2 was way to overpowered in my opinion XD ^^ this should make clearer what i mean ;)

Keldrin

Cultist
WFTO Founder
Feb 11, 2013
I would have lean towards weak vs physical attacks. It's primary is slow down weak creatures. Which will have difficulty getting close to it anyways.

Jan 3, 2013
Door is fine, it can keep imps and low level melee creatures ( except those who are immune to fear ofcourse ) away. However, should such door be added there will be no place for fear trap. :(

Vaptor

Blood Imp
WFTO Backer
Feb 22, 2013
no one never said that wraith players won't actually get a diffrent version that might be a trap and not get the door.

actually thats something to consider if diffrent veins have a few items that do the same effect but are customized to accomodate the playstyle

for instance mabey for wraith players they can make Fear cannons or something (like sentry cannons that shoot fireballs cept they shoot terror orbs)

actually early attacks might still work depending on how fast they get their forge functioning ( ususally minons take their good time unless you slap them to work harder) plus you could adjust the build times heh

keep in mind its annoying to repeatedly have your base get trashed by early rushes that always succeed at trashing all your barricades in one go. like on last level of dungeon keeper 2 you had wave after wave of enemys you couldn't stop or slow with traps. funny thing i did i created a massive prison to counter them and send 250 skeletons after them...

i also found out i could only pickup 50 at a time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom