• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Door] Glacial door

How many types of door would you like to play with in your dungeon?

• Do not bother me with stupid questions like that, its a useless thing in dungeon...

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 1-3 Im not using them much

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • 4 Does the job

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 5-7 I like variety

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • 7-9 They are easy to make and I like to customize my corridors with obstacles

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • More than 9 - Im a door maniac (have 7 and more doors on a way to my own room)

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

iggii

Bafu
WFTO Backer
Apr 15, 2012
Czech Republic
Name: Glacial door

Stats:

Optional - buildable only on winter maps (or not buildable on lava maps). On maps where these doors cant be built, it can substitued for example for lava door, as they wouldnt be buildable on snow maps...

Durability: Medium High durability against ice and water all magic, disadvantage against fire magic, very durable little better than medium against classic weapon attacks.

Information: Maybe a bit pricey, but this heavy door does its job without creaking and scraping.

Special abilities/properties: Medium camouflage, very slowly heals up on winter maps, when destroyed - breaks up into smaller sharp pieces - hurts enemy (imp killed instantly so much that imp is hurt almost to death), attacking unit is slower after hitting that door - slows down enemy, small chance of reflecting a spell, unless it is fire related.

Advisor Quotes: Your mistress becomes unhappy because one of imps is persistently peeping to her chambers through your new galcial door ;)

Appearance: ice-like door slightly covered with snow.

Inlaa

Priestess
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
I think it should have a higher durability versus cold damage, not necessarily versus magic damage. There are probably going to be other doors for that. I don't think it should instantly kill anything, but deal a set amount of damage. The camoflauge, slow healing, and slowing enemy attackers seem like good ideas, though.

Personally, I'd lower its "durability" in general. It seems like an offensive door - you use it to slow your enemies, then drop your creatures on top of them. I don't think it needs to be as durable as the better doors to accomplish this.

iggii

Bafu
WFTO Backer
Apr 15, 2012
Czech Republic
I think it should have a higher durability versus cold damage, not necessarily versus magic damage. There are probably going to be other doors for that. I don't think it should instantly kill anything, but deal a set amount of damage. The camoflauge, slow healing, and slowing enemy attackers seem like good ideas, though.

Personally, I'd lower its "durability" in general. It seems like an offensive door - you use it to slow your enemies, then drop your creatures on top of them. I don't think it needs to be as durable as the better doors to accomplish this.
Comments taken into account and stats modified. Thanks

iggii

Bafu
WFTO Backer
Apr 15, 2012
Czech Republic
why not a magic defense, I mean its like a mirror and could reflect spells. (or just light magic)
I think that universal door against magic there will be "magic door" like in the original game...? These door are slightly different.

Or give it like a % lets say 10% chance on reflecting a spell unless its fire then it will have a 0% chance
Good idea, was added to stats.

Mar 11, 2012
Or give it like a % lets say 10% chance on reflecting a spell unless its fire then it will have a 0% chance
Ice is as much transparent as it is reflective, so if magic has a 10% chance of reflecting a spell, it should have a 10% chance of letter the spell pass through.

chaoseater

Gargoyle
WFTO Backer
Feb 29, 2012
Milton keynes UK
Ice is as much transparent as it is reflective, so if magic has a 10% chance of reflecting a spell, it should have a 10% chance of letter the spell pass through.
I can see that being abit point less being the spell gone past it and done nothing to the door only thing it would do is hit what ever behind it and at that the spell would hit less being its power has been dampend and then with it being able to let spells past then the door would not be used as much as its defence would have a chance of letting a spell past witch in that if you use it to defend lets say your heart then theres a chance even if small that your heart will get hit by a spell and do damge witch is the door chance rating some how keeps letting spells past not looking good transparents mean you can see past the object or light can get pass only way i could see this working is if you ONLY let light spells past but dampen its dmg to half or less other spells trying to pass would have to smash it to get past it now you have a good point about it but i was justing thinking of why it would be a bad point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom