• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Door]Plague

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaoseater

Gargoyle
WFTO Backer
Feb 29, 2012
Milton keynes UK
Name: plague door

Durability:Take's medium damge

Information:The plague door is a unholy door that will disease who ever hits it making there death slow and painfull as long as its being hit the duration of the plague will keep resetting once the door is destoryed the plague will last for said time then it will go

Special abilities/properties When hiting the door it give's the unit the plague wich will last for a duration of time

Appearance:Green looking door with fly's round it and a unholy symbol plusating yellow When the door gets weaker the light could get faster

Attachments

Feb 10, 2012
so it's like a poison-trap-door.. >.<
-neat idea, and i prefer it having a duration rather than needing to be dispelled.
-will it have a lot of health?

chaoseater

Gargoyle
WFTO Backer
Feb 29, 2012
Milton keynes UK
so it's like a poison-trap-door.. >.<
-neat idea, and i prefer it having a duration rather than needing to be dispelled.
-will it have a lot of health?
a duration also would work its not really a trap you cant see traps but you can see this its like the magic door where it would shoot fire balls in DK2 but this gives you the plague it has medium health

a duration also would work its not really a trap you cant see traps but you can see this its like the magic door where it would shoot fire balls in DK2 but this gives you the plague it has medium health
Duration would work better than dispelling in my opinion. With dispelling it locks you into combat to the death, whereas duration allows for retreat. Duration also because it achieves the same goal (as long as you are in combat with the door, it can perpetuate the "plague" resulting in the same outcome) without forcing the attacker's hand by locking them into to combat.

chaoseater

Gargoyle
WFTO Backer
Feb 29, 2012
Milton keynes UK
Duration would work better than dispelling in my opinion. With dispelling it locks you into combat to the death, whereas duration allows for retreat. Duration also because it achieves the same goal (as long as you are in combat with the door, it can perpetuate the "plague" resulting in the same outcome) without forcing the attacker's hand by locking them into to combat.
Duration it is :p i have updated the door

Inlaa

Priestess
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
I think the basic idea is good. Medium health is nice, but maybe it could be lower. I'm VERY glad it's duration-based rather than something that needs to be dispelled. It's a simple, solid idea.

chaoseater

Gargoyle
WFTO Backer
Feb 29, 2012
Milton keynes UK
I think the basic idea is good. Medium health is nice, but maybe it could be lower. I'm VERY glad it's duration-based rather than something that needs to be dispelled. It's a simple, solid idea.
then it could be the hightes low befor medium witch then would make it a top lower door

Feb 10, 2012
nice i like it! definitely more devious than a magic door.

Jun 28, 2012
This is really interesting. I hope the team takes notice of this. This is a door Im shocked wasnt in the original DK games themselves, its ingenious

Jun 28, 2012
i was playing DK2 when i placed a magic door this just poped in my mind since then not really had meny more :(
Ive been trying to think of traps lately that WFTO could have. Ive thought of simple crushers that smash unsuspecting goodly heroes into the walls, floors, or cielings(I would prefer being crushed into the floor from above) to arrow dispensers shooting from the both walls, completly eviscerating you. Like the old 'Ancient Ruins' cliched traps from things like Indiana Jones.

chaoseater

Gargoyle
WFTO Backer
Feb 29, 2012
Milton keynes UK
Ive been trying to think of traps lately that WFTO could have. Ive thought of simple crushers that smash unsuspecting goodly heroes into the walls, floors, or cielings(I would prefer being crushed into the floor from above) to arrow dispensers shooting from the both walls, completly eviscerating you. Like the old 'Ancient Ruins' cliched traps from things like Indiana Jones.
i no what you mean good old trip wire traps would be nice in game or a delayer tripwire of some sort think i might on on to somthing here lol

Jun 28, 2012
i no what you mean good old trip wire traps would be nice in game or a delayer tripwire of some sort think i might on on to somthing here lol
Lol yea. Something alittle more devious Ive been thinking of would be to have like a trapdoor that looks like a regular tile you own, but when stepped on, drops out the enemy into lava then covers back up.

chaoseater

Gargoyle
WFTO Backer
Feb 29, 2012
Milton keynes UK
Lol yea. Something alittle more devious Ive been thinking of would be to have like a trapdoor that looks like a regular tile you own, but when stepped on, drops out the enemy into lava then covers back up.
could that get out of it tho ? i mean that would be one hit kill trap and if you have loads then you win lol i like the sound of it tho you should post it

Jun 28, 2012
Thats true. It would be pretty much a one-shot for any creatures that cant walk through lava. I dont think this trap could be done without being completly overpowered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom