• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Door] Spellwarded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inlaa

Arcanist
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
Name: Spellwarded Door

Stats:

Durability: This door actually has a below average amount of life, but let's discuss that below.

Information: Pesky Heroes have always been a problem for Underlords, but some Heroes are more annoying than others. Namely, wizards are more annoying than anyone else. Spellslinging adventurers can cause even the most stalwart of creatures serious problems, and most Underlords don't have an effective means of holding them off until a strong defensive force can be mobilized.

Enter the Spellwarded Door. The Spellwarded door has been specifically designed to deal with those pesky spells. Is a faerie reducing your wooden doors to cinders with bolts of lightning? Solved! Is some archmage reducing your secret stone doors to hot, melted residue with excessively powerful fireballs? Es una problema fácil! No matter your magic-stopping needs, Spellwarded Doors can get the job done!

Using powerful runic properties that only operate on flimsier doors for the Dark Gods know WHAT reason, a Spellwarded door makes spells deal negligible damage. However, the exact dimensions used in the door's creation make it flimsy when faced with actual weapons. Just because your door can stop a powerful fireball doesn't mean it can stop a sledgehammer, oh leader.

Special abilities/properties: Its chief ability is to reduce the damage of spells impacting it by a very, very large amount, but the Spellwarded Door also has a basic regenerative property that allows it to regenerate the health lost to these spells, typically. Of course, if there are multiple spellcasters attacking it, this probably won't be enough, and it can't deal with a couple idiots hitting it with maces, but it's the thought that counts.

(The door could, perhaps, provide allied creature within 3 hexes of the door with some minor magic resistance, too, but it's far from necessary.)

Appearance: It's a wooden door with iron braces and... and shiny runes and symbols that are the same color as the Underlord's color. Oooo.

Jan 22, 2012
I can see 2 uses to this doors
a) stupid player spamming *wizards*
b)campaign
Magic resistance for allies is nice !
I would love this to be an upgrade for doors tho

Inlaa

Arcanist
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
My only concern about it being an upgrade for doors - if you mean for all doors - is that someone could then make, say, the best type of door and then slap Spellwarded on it. In other words, it would suddenly become... SUPERDOOR!

I'm pretty sure we don't want Superdoors being spammed, so I figured this sort of door should always be weak to physical damage.

Jan 22, 2012
Inla proposes doors that are highly resistant to magical dmg and weak to physical dmg
I propose 2 upgrades
1) reduces armor, increase magic resistance
2) increase armor, reduce magic resistance

Zuriki

Gargoyle
Dec 9, 2011
Manchester, UK
www.subterraneangames.com
I don't see the necessity of putting it as an upgrade, surely it would work better as 3 completely independant doors, such as:

Reinforced Door (N)
Ward Door (+M -A)
Steel Door (-M +A)

That way you can mix and match as necessary without needing to have a bunch of interfaces for upgrading doors and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom