• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Doors with high-tech friend/foe identification!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2015
Simple consept. "Auto" mode for doors. When enemy is near, they close, when not, they are open.

Game with enemies and doors, one would have imagined this being there allready. Heres hoping.

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
This (so far) has been an intentional choice by the developers, having to doors open and close yourself makes it more of a strategic choice as you choose between access for everyone, or access for no-one.

That being said, I believe the devs were considering adding an "auto" mode to the open/closed/toggle in return for locking up some mana when the door is in auto mode

Jun 21, 2015
That would work.

Any chance on the doors and traps leaving behind wreckage that can be repaired? Maybe a separate ritual to fix all stuff to compliment the ritual that builds all blueprints

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
That would work.

Any chance on the doors and traps leaving behind wreckage that can be repaired? Maybe a separate ritual to fix all stuff to compliment the ritual that builds all blueprints
I saw that suggestion too, and all I can really say is.. that one is much more unlikely... I think the cases where players don't want their defenses automatically replaced outweigh the ones where they do... So you'd end up annoying more people than you helped by adding something like that. Aside from anything else, automating something like that streamlines sloth play a little too much and makes it far too easy to build up a defense.

Jun 21, 2015
I kinda disagree with automating too much. They would still reserve some part of the mana. They wotn be replaced in the middle of combat since workers would flee. Make em un-repairable via spells so you cant fix stuff in the middle of a fight.

Maybe add a toggle-feature to fix or not in the room producing parts.

Using the "survival" as a example, the defs arent re-built "that fast" even tho i had HUGE parts production. My defences fell because i just cant click things fast enough or cant remember what went where.

Give us OPTIONS to do it or not do it. Also adding priority to new constructs over fixing broken ones would make a difference.

Erke

Cultist
Apr 4, 2015
What would be a dream come true is; filtering the doors like;

Imps and intelligent creatures may pass, but beast can not....

or all can pass except imps, or etc

Arrangement of these filters can be made similar to the custom banner flags with + & - creature buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom