• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Notice the new look? We've updated to a new version of Xenforo, please read our latest post.

Download Steam Workshop Maps for my GOG version

SeriousToni

Dwarven Worker
Sep 18, 2018
I am running into the problem that most maps are only available for the Steam game version. Since I own the GOG version I cannot download those maps even with my steam account. I wanted to try & test the DK1 campaign from
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1370976566
but even the manual steam downloader pages don't support the game.

Is there a way for me to download this campaign with my steam account (or without) to my GOG version?

Nutter

Frost Weaver
Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
If you have a steam account (and own the game on steam), then in theory this should be possible.

You'd need to subscribe to the map on steam, this would cause it to be downloaded and stored on your PC within the WFTO (steam version) folders. You should then be able to copy and paste that file into the same folder in the GoG version and the map should then be playable in the GoG version.

Nutter

Frost Weaver
Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
Then no, you can't access maps from the Steam version of the game unless their creator also posts them to the Foundry on here. You would probably be better contacting the person who made the map and asking them to upload it here to the Foundry.

Buying on GoG and getting the DRM-Free version specifically means you're losing out on the features offered by Steam (and the Steamworks API) so unfortunately includes any maps that are only hosted on the Steam Workshop too.

SeriousToni

Dwarven Worker
Sep 18, 2018
Oh I am sad that I can not access the Steam Workshop without buying the game, but I understand that this is an intended feature by the Steam Developers to make their server capacity only available to people who purchased the game.

Sadly it seems that 99% of the custom maps are only hosted on steam. I wish you could make the forum foundry a bit more famous so that all gog customers also had a possibility to download custom maps.

I will try and contact the author of this scenario campaign to ask him kindly if he can make it available in our foundry.

Top Bottom