1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dungeon Core destruction

Discussion in 'Suggestion Archive' started by Xander, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Xander

Xander Crackpot

There isn't much of a satisfactory visual effect from destroying a dungeon core is there?

Couldn't the area of the dungeon core collapse into a bottomless cavern in great destructive animation?
    (Maybe take a few minions along with it if they're too close, heh heh heh)

Thoughts?

2. Biervampir [AUT]

Biervampir [AUT] Bafu

When you defeat an Underlord there is an Animation (I don't think the Founders & Kickstarter Theme doesn't have an Animation yet).
    I don't think it would be a good idea, when you kill an Underlord some Minions get killed, because when you play a 3 or 4 Player Match, it would suck...

3. Nutter

Nutter Inquisitor Founder

In an ideal world, where the dev team had unlimited resources I expect this would probably already be in game. I'm sure they'd love to add/improve the animations for Core death's but sadly this kind of thing sits pretty low on the priorities list and right now there are more important issues which require the time and resources of the dev team first.

Amon likes this.
  4. Slichizard

Slichizard Bard

Actually this was promised by devs during the stream ( it was my question ). Basically every core would have 5 states of health which would trigger each time core's total health dropped by 20%. It could work just like the inhibitor's damage/death animation - pieces of it would slowly fall off.

Sadly, it was never implemented. Instead we have alive and dead state models of the core and no animations of damaged states or on-death animation itself. Really pity, along with missing dancing flames or any alternative to it.

5. Nutter

The dancing flames are performance killers, they've never made it past lag testing (yet), that's why they're not in game.

6. Slichizard

Slichizard Bard

They never had to be like those as in DK. A mist, small wisp flying around the room or anything else could fit in perfectly. People would accept any kind of visual indicator in the game and still will do, if any will be introduced. Right now, the best ones would be the ones around the shrines, though it seem to be troublesome to implement for all other rooms. Still, we hope something will be added some day.

7. Nutter

It's the lag it causes that is the issue.. imagine how many more VFX would be on screen if every room had one of those indicators or something... and we have people who's rigs can barely handle the game in it's current form, it would kill their chances of playing entirely.

Amon likes this.
  8. AdxUndead

AdxUndead Ghoul

... sovereign cores look pretty cool when they die. Like smashing a fish tank, without guilty fish death.

9. Xander

Xander Crackpot

One default death they could all share temporarily would be nice.

And yes, losing your creatures from destroying a dungeon core would suck, maybe instead of a chasm a destructive explosion that could take 14%, globally, from all minion health instead.
    DKI did the same, it was hilarious to see those weakling flies die.

The pests.

Stock animations, just use spell animations in some beautifully trigger montage of doom as a core nears the end of his lifespan?

10. Slichizard

Slichizard Bard

This is still not a problem - make a different ( cheap version of all core dmg/death ) if graphics are set to low or very low. Amount of states could also be reduced if graphics are lower, so only people with high or very high settings will enjoy all the beauty.

It's more of time and dedication here - I'm sure if devs will decide to bring this thing into the game, they will find the way to satisfy all without running bankrupt.

11. Nutter

I was talking about the room ownership flames, the core death thing is a different matter entirely (although making the second "cheap" version is a massive waste of time and resources).

12. Slichizard

Slichizard Bard

And thus we have neither flames nor core animations.