• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

dungeon keeper gold

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
hey all, dunno if anyone is aware or not but gog.com is selling dungeon keeper gold.

http://www.gog.com/game/dungeon_keeper

Now I brought Dungeon keeper off this site before, but at the time Dungeon keeper gold did not include deeper dungeon expansion attached where as they have no added it, so if anyone is interested in buying it then you can get it for a very cheap price, or already have it then you can download the deeper dungeon expansions now.

James Hale

Templar
WFTO Backer
Jan 12, 2013
Purgatory
steamcommunity.com
GoG are pretty awesome; they upgrade your stuff at no extra cost. I too bought DK a while back but was disappointed it didn't include DD, but at some point recently they must have managed to get hold of the rights to it and upgraded the main game to include it, so I went from DK to DK Gold and it didn't cost me anything. They did the same with Alpha Centauri and its expansion a couple of years ago.

I highly recommend GoG to anyone who plays classic games - they give you free upgrades, sometimes give away free games (I got Duke Nukem 3D Atomic for free) and their prices are generally pretty reasonable. They seem like they're on the right side, so to speak.

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
I'm not sure but do they provide servers for the game too?
I have been unable to get dk1 playing multiplayer but I am sure some friends were able to play DK2 online.

Gog bless their dark little souls for helping classic games work on modern PCs!
I know right these guys are great especially as they made the patch so I can run Dungeon keeper wich needs ms dos I believe and I was ripping my hair out trying to figure out how to use my original copy. They also could of done the more practical approach of charging you to buy deeper dungeons expansion but no I got a text on my phone stating they had released it as part of the game I have already brought and is available for download, what great guys!

Also they do so many other retro games like the fallout series and having played every inch of fallout 3 I may buy them also and enjoy myself.

mishko

Matriarch
WFTO Founder
Feb 27, 2012
Michigan
Why doesn't EA at least release these for Origin? I would rather get them from Gog..... but still.... seriously EA?

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
Someone said EA? Let me just get my Popcorn . . .

Seriously though, I doubt EA would port DK over to Origin, partially because many of the DK Fans (those that would buy the game) are not particularly fond of EA. And why bother upgrading and re-teching and old game that would hardly be bought on Origin anyway?

GoG is a different story simply because they have a different reputation and were/are specialized in old games (as the name implies). As such they can expect higher sales, making the work they put into the game (if they put work into the game) worthwhile.

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
I learned of this literally an hour before you posted this and I am currently playing through a hero campaign (something to do until next WTFO Wed)
Someone said EA? Let me just get my Popcorn . . .

Seriously though, I doubt EA would port DK over to Origin, partially because many of the DK Fans (those that would buy the game) are not particularly fond of EA. And why bother upgrading and re-teching and old game that would hardly be bought on Origin anyway?

GoG is a different story simply because they have a different reputation and were/are specialized in old games (as the name implies). As such they can expect higher sales, making the work they put into the game (if they put work into the game) worthwhile.
Putting it mildly... what with the mass effect 3 debacle and the only thing they did with Dungeon keeper was an asian MMO and some kind of cartoony mobile phone game.

But on a more positive note if dungeon keeper 3 had been made then this WTFO would not get the growing cult following due to a long time anticipation of a new dungeon god game done well *squints at dungeon series*

Amon

Ember Demon
Apr 14, 2012
Somewhere
subterraneangames.com
All those employees are already busy, working on upcoming titles made by EA. Why bother with ancient game anyway?
Because most of their ancient games were made by other companies, only published by D.H oops, I mean E.A, and so most of their ancient games were fun/worth playing/made with care and interest in things other than the almighty $

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
Ah sweet sweet PC gaming. It may take you half a day but EVERYTHING is backwards compatible.
yep nothing stops a suitably `determined PC gamer.

Well populus (and C&C) just run in DOS, DK and DK2 run in early Direct X, which is harder to get to run on modern PCs
well gog made a patch so Dungeon keeper could be played on new generation computers, seems strange that a large company like EA could not do that.

Top Bottom