1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dungeon theme's and player colour

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stylistic_sagittarius, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Stylistic_sagittarius

Stylistic_sagittarius Ghoul

First of all i like to see that after seeing some theme's (im on level 12 on the campaign i tought).
    I'd like to compliment you with these themes + the player colour they ressemble. They are diffrent enough to really get the feeling its another dungeon but still works with the inhabitant creatures(also diffrent workers is WELL DONE!).

So the question is, how many theme's can we expect to be selected in a skirmisch game and will it ultimatly also effect monsters in some way (or with player colour)?

Also another question:
    The human faction from the campaign has got quite some work(many diffrent themes and many diffrent units).
    Will it come that in one way or another the human faction also finds it's way into skirmisch games?

2. Marados

Marados Necromancer Founder

Hi Stylistic_sagittarius,

You start with the standard theme.
    You can unlock three further themes yourself by unlocking achievements.
    You, however, can not unlock two themes: Founders and Kickstarter.
    But you can still buy one theme (Sovereign) in the Underlord Edition.
    Another theme (Arcane Fortress) will be available soon as a Early Adopter Bonus (for free).

Yes. You will see quite a few different themes in a few skirmish maps with prebuild empire dungeons.

3. Stylistic_sagittarius

Thats great. I was already on very early acces on steam but never with kickstarter itself. I suppose there is no way there to get one of the themes from kickstarter? Yet even more themes would be nice since multiplayer is goign to be a bit unclear when multiple people are havving the same theme despite the diffrent colours.

With the human faction i do hope that there will be some sort of overworld entrance where hero's will be pouring out.

4. Beneathar

Beneathar Dryad

There are two more Themes to unlock.

The Mira Theme and the John`s Theme (wich is Basically Korvecs Theme), both can be unlocked by reaching all achievements of a type in the Campaign.

In the Seastead Skirmish Map you can conquer the Hero gates in the middle Castle, this gives you corrupted Empire Minions.

For all early adopters (buying the Game before May 2nd), there will be the Arcane Theme added.

This is not in yet, but I assume it will be implemented soon.

5. Nutter

Nutter Inquisitor Founder

Wow! That's awesome :) the Map Designer who designed Seastead must have been a cool guy then...

6. Beneathar

Beneathar Dryad

7. Stylistic_sagittarius

Are these the steam achievements or are there other achievements to unlock the themes?

8. Marados

Marados Necromancer Founder

Steam Achievements.
    There are no other.

9. Stylistic_sagittarius

Perhaps it is a good idea to make these unlockables more visual for player who don't visit these forums.
    Nowhere in the game you find info that you can unloack themes

10. Noontide

Noontide Award Winning Community Manager Dev Team

I plan to do both a list on this forum of the unlockable themes and propose a menu for unlockables in the game. :)

11. Sapphire

Sapphire Bafu Founder

That would be amazing.

12. Stylistic_sagittarius

p.s. is there a list right now for what achievements would unlock something?

13. Nutter

14. Stylistic_sagittarius

So i unloaked all the timed achievements and was rewarded with the john theme wich is the same as i tought korvek was his name with the 2 cores on level 11.
    Some pics for those who likes it...
    john1.jpg john 2.jpg john3.jpg john4.jpg

Now will there even more themes come in the future?(it is a way to get our money or our attention trough unlockables tough...)

If so i would suggest some other themes then the standard evil medievel themes...
    Somethign with an egyption style or greek style or perhaps something in wood, ice or fire themed.
    Perhaps some indian theme or japanese or other eastern style that would really give a more global feeling and gives the impression you are really fighting for the ENTIRE overworld ;).

15. Nutter

It's called John's theme because it's the Theme that @Robofish came up with as a high level kickstarter backer (Robofish is John), and Korvek was the name chosen for the underlord created from Robo's idea of an underlord.

You do have to remember that we're battling for the overworld on Kairos, a fantasy world, where they probably don't have indian or japanese cultures (atleast not in the normal sense that we'd recognise).. they could do.. who knows.. but i'd be more likely to expect Elvish and Dwarven cultures and other similar fantasy tropes in other places on Kairos.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  16. Stylistic_sagittarius

Hmmm well we are battling for it in the campaign yes, but outside the campaign? Perhaps even sellable add-on with another campaign ;).
    The game title War for the overworld does not stand in it's way at all!

17. Fireeye

Fireeye Shadow Backer

Interesting as they may look, I don't think (for instance) Mesopotamian or Mesoamerican architectures would fit into the game, given that Dungeon Management games always have parodied the classical high fantasy settings - which in turn are mostly based on and around European folklore.

Plus I'm going to throw a fit if a "far-eastern" pack actually is some sort of weaboo thing with workers exclaiming "Underlord-san, am I kawaii?"

Nutter likes this.
  18. Stylistic_sagittarius

Got your point there, it's maybe more of a coloring issue. Whilstb the colours are well done on both walls and floors, it can be not always very clearly wich ground has been conquered by who, more brighter diffrences would bring the borders better in visually