• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Dwelvers (Formerly Dungeon Dwellers)

May 9, 2013
www.youtube.com
Don't worry Mozared, no one plans to possess him atm.
Mumbolian, You can always tell about Your movie on DWELVERS forum ;)
Yeah I've been meaning to check out the dwelvers forum, just don't have much time to spend on forums at the moment. If the devs don't want me posting videos other than WFTO on here that's ok. I figured it was ok considering there were already several other videos about the game on here.

Yeah! That's not everything, we will have something that had to be Dungeon Keeper 3! SURFACE WORLD!

"But, for the upcoming release we have planned to make a prototype of a surface world that the player would have to switch cameras to see. The main idea is that the player will reach it by just building a staircase right up from the top layer of his dungeon, and in this world he would be able to do the same things as in the dungeon, building traps and harvest resources and so on. But the most important thing is that we will now have the possibility to attack the humans for once, and not just wait for them to come down."

Need mooaarrr? Take this! -> http://forum.dungeondwellers.net/showthread.php?tid=423

Huntress
Founder
Apr 20, 2012
Worthing, West Sussex
Interesting, although I am not sure how I feel about this, This game was already quite complex, I worry that this extra element will make it too much so, but then it does open up a whole host of new gameplay possibilities.

I will say the game's graphics are looking amazing, it has been quite incredible to see how this game has evolved and grown since I first saw it less than a year ago!

Mor

Dwarven Worker
Oct 25, 2013
It seems like dungeon managment games, pop out like mushrooms after a wet day in the last time
So true, there are hundreds of developers going for various formulas. Going on complexity level as far as DF, mixing various levels of visualization/customization allowing you to see your dungeon extravaganza in action, different pace and themes going from orcs/ dwarfs and up to space and beyond. However, as far as I am concerned games are more than just the sum of its mechanics, I seen/tested many of those mushrooms and IMO most of them are not games you play again.

From the first vid and latest screenshot this game looks interesting, though i'll wait for the final version to decide.(the only reason I supported WFTO so soon is nostalgia coupled with the many vids here, which inspired confidence in this keeping to the same formula I liked in DK.)

Evi

Witch Doctor
Backer
Nov 14, 2011
Looking at the newest look of the game kinda reminds me of A Game of Dwarves.

Hopefully it'll be better than that game.

Mor

Dwarven Worker
Oct 25, 2013
Looking at the newest look of the game kinda reminds me of A Game of Dwarves.

Hopefully it'll be better than that game.
I had high hopes for it, a dungeon management game with interesting theme, trying to offer little more verity and gameplay elements. But IMO overall they failed to incorporate them into good gameplay, their campaign lacked momentum and felt repetitive.

Top Bottom