1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dwelvers (Formerly Dungeon Dwellers)

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Sebt, Jun 9, 2013.

1. mishko

mishko Matriarch Founder

Don't forget, Minecraft took inspiration from Dungeon Keeper.

2. Sebt

Sebt Matriarch

That's true, however DK games don't have multilayer world, so concept of digging walls came from DK, but multilayer blocks digging in 3D from Minecraft.

3. Varis

Varis Templar

I was asking about art style, because I don't think it has the same art style just because the game handles it's terrain in cubes, it would be the same as saying that Starcraft copied Ultima Onlines art style because they both handle the terrain in 2D isometric squares. Saying it is multilevel is same as saying Doom was multilevel, it has different heights, but it doesn't support tunnels that would go under other tunnels. Also plenty of games have multiple resources and crafting.

4. Sebt

Sebt Matriarch

The art style is game's own, don't know if Rasmus has taken from something inspiration. For he first time game looked very dark, totally different than actually. That's right I can't see in Dwelvers any similarities to Minecraft graphic - just only scheme - multilayer block world constructionis is similar in Dwelvers. Except this in Minecraft You can make tunnels, but not in Dwelvers - all blocks will collapse if You would dig the lower block level - in the similar way as sandy stone in Minecraft (except blocks that are above undigable blocks).

5. Sebt

Sebt Matriarch

Sorry for double posting, but promised full 3D version of Dwelvers has been finally released and is for FREE and pre-order version. I love digging up and down system. Some new creatures, mechanisms and enemies and cosmetic was made, take a look on that. :)

6. Valhallaist

Valhallaist Warden

What I like best about this game so far is the Dark Mother. Just that little touch of fantasy that makes my day.

7. mishko

mishko Matriarch Founder

How is this guy making this game by himself on his freetime..... he must be a pro.

Edit: Oh wait the Towns team is helping him now. He still did a lot by himself though.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  8. Slichizard

Slichizard Bard

Despite that, he made quite a lot. I'll greenlight this game on steam and will consider buying it if developer will make skirmish and campaign modes.

9. Noxlor

Noxlor Cultist

I think I read somewhere that he managed to work on dwelvers now as a full time job.
    Nevertheless it is impressive how fast the development proceeds for only one person. I think the towns team helped him designing the ui.

10. Sebt

Sebt Matriarch

Well, that's right, Rasmus is working full time for the time Xavi from Towns funded Rasmus. He is not alone now, what can you see now are models made by Cobra Mode, 2D graphics are made by BurningPet that is a former member of Towns team, music is made by talented composer named Omri Lahav, there is a writter and website, social media channels mod & forum admin in the team (http://dwelvers.com/contacts/), but everyone including community are working on features for Dwelvers sharing suggestions or makes for Dwelvers for example even complete models of creatures.

ATM community is discussing with team and others for example an ambience of the game, creature production, individual building and creature options etc. and if it comes to ideas many is already implemented to the game. :)

11. Hejoba

Hejoba Warden Backer

I just found this...
    it seems to be pretty cool, a bit more like a medival evil genius.
    i will definatly give it a chance to impress me.

12. Slichizard

Slichizard Bard

I hope developer will make 0.7 public, because 0.6c is way too unstable and buggy to judge anything.

Amon likes this.
  13. mishko

mishko Matriarch Founder

I think he said its taking so long because he was making most things in the game moddable

Amon likes this.
  14. Sebt

Sebt Matriarch

The fact is that 0.7 will be released in two versions - free demo and pay full version, both will be available on Steam.
    What's more a bunch of new features will be added and all already reported/noticed bugs fixed.

15. Peetfighter

Peetfighter Augre Founder

Oh, I thought the game didn't get through Greenlight.

16. Sebt

Sebt Matriarch

Alistair and Cultist Joris like this.
  17. Slichizard

Slichizard Bard

I hope Demo will clarify some stuff. I found v0.6c very confusing and unstable.

18. Valhallaist

Valhallaist Warden

19. Sebt

Sebt Matriarch

Hmm, if you experienced any issues, especially with game stability you will really help by posting about that and prooving that something is really need to be improved/changed, everything. In the same way you help WFTO guys make it better. Look how they kicked their buts to work on bugs more then ever, no offence guys. :p

20. Slichizard

Slichizard Bard

Well, my problem was crash after 15 minutes of play. That however is hard to explain because I can't even say what caused it. Version 0.6c contains way too many things, connected to each other, witch honestly make game quite confusing since many things aren't explained yet. All I did was dig dig dig and build random stuff after. The reason why I hope the Demo released on Steam will be more detailed is because game looks a little bit over-complex'ed with lots of misc things attached to everything, so if Demo will contain only small piece of the game it will still remain confusing as it is in v0.6.