• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Empire Creature] Souless-Empire Warrior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2011
Souless
“The underworld has spawned many a monster…but this one’s ours.”

Before the war for the overworld truly began there were dark rumours of those who’d clawed their way bloodily from the dank earth. Men and women witness to the unspeakable atrocities committed by denizens of the deep. Men and women who have escaped hell itself, who’s cold and soulless eyes, tell tales of a mind tested beyond imagining of bodies broken a thousand times.

Even once returned to the overworld these survivors are shunned by their own kind, strangers even to those who once knew and loved them. They live only for a time when they can descend once again into the pit to wreak vengeance upon the underworld- that time is now.

Faction: Empire
Type: Intelligent
Role: A Fast and potent melee unit with little concern for its own survival. The Souless are best used as berserkers, unleashed to cause chaos within an enemy dungeon away from the main fighting. With a grim outlook and no fear of death the Souless have an unnerving effect on even their allies lowering moral in those around them.
Acquired By: Enemy Torture chamber
Basic Attack: [Melee]
Offensive Power: Strong
Defensive Power: Medium
Resistances: Strong VS poison and fear.
Movement: Fast
Work: The only room he will work in is the torture chamber.
Entertainment: Pace around anxiously in the lair or visit the tavern
Special Needs: Vengeance. The creature will actively seek out death in battle with the enemy at any opportunity.
Upgrades:

Traits

Hatred Beyond Measure: The souless has already suffered the worst that the underworld can throw at him he is fearless and cannot be converted.

Unnerving Presence: The soulless mutterings of doom and gloom have an unnerving effect on even his most staunch allies. Allies (who are not fearless or other soulless) nearby suffer a minor defensive penalty when in his presence.

Dauntless: Souless will never voluntarily attempt to leave combat to heal/ flee etc.

Abilities

Thousand Yard Stare: Forces a none fearless enemy of lower level to flee temporarily.

Death wish: The character channels his anger in to one last attack against those around him. Upon losing the last of his health he will stay alive for an additional 5-10 seconds before finally and gratefully succumbing to his wounds.

Vengeance: Recognising one of the enemy monsters as one of his past tormentors (possibly mistaken identity) the Souless pursues the creature to the exception of all others dedicating every ounce of his strength to its destruction. The Souless gains a substantial combat buff against the target creature. This ability can only be used once (or possibly has an extremely long cooldown).

Flavour
Appearance: The soulless appears as a well toned man or woman, heavily scarred and bearing the chains of his past incarceration.
Likes: The creature is jaded and hollow living for nothing more than to ruin a keepers day by vandalising his dungeon or killing his favoured minions.
Dislikes: Anything from the underworld
Behaviour: A loner the soulless will wander the dungeon seeking out the enemy. Once found he will seek to damage rooms and kill any minions he finds.

Thank you for reviewing the post.

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
Thanks for using the template, I'll add this to the list. Also correcting your tag, should be [Empire Creature]. :)

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
To dark and edgy. It's a very personal thing for me, but since Blizzard added Demon Hunters to Warcraft 3 I have an extremely potent antipathy towards excessively dark and edgy "NOONE UNDERSTANDS ME, BAWWWW"-characters.

Nonetheless, I like the idea when it comes to the mechanics. An agile berserker units may give the empire some variety considering the Juggernaut and the Templar don't appear to be overly fast.

Underlord Vulukai

Witch Doctor
WFTO Backer
Mar 11, 2013
The Void
www.youtube.com
pretty beastly description, but i don't think i quite understand part of your posting.... it says method of acquiring "Enemy Torture Chamber" but then proceeds to say later in the post in the Hatred Beyond Measure trait that he cannot be converted.

Wouldn't this place his as unobtainable?

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
pretty beastly description, but i don't think i quite understand part of your posting.... it says method of acquiring "Enemy Torture Chamber" but then proceeds to say later in the post in the Hatred Beyond Measure trait that he cannot be converted.

Wouldn't this place his as unobtainable?
I think that's the point. He's to edgy even for the evil guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom