• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Empire Creature] White Crab

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastersam911

Firebreather
Aug 18, 2013
Hmm I've never saw crabs fighting by knights side, every if they could be big they would end their lives rather as meal for a dinner...
Empire units won't have any animals (even hybrids) just human units.

If it comes to crab's powers. You wrote about very strong creature that it's attack/defense rose, and weak points, so that weak points are needed to deal damage avoiding crab's defense stats? So if I would hit him at normal place on his body I would deal only 1 damage point to him (because his defense is still increasing, but basic is very high - overpowered)?
I wonder how we could implement weak points if during the battle creatures just hit themselves, no matter from what side they will dealing the same damage, there is one point - the whole body of enemy. If You want to implement this You will be forced to make it for every creature. That would complicate gaming and coding a lot, because You need to make many additional calculations and more places to hit and special battle system.

Last edited:

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
ATTACK THE GIANT ENEMY CRAB AT ITS WEAK POINT FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE (add explosion here)

I like the idea of giving the Empire some "monstrous" units, but I don't completely get the special ability - is it some form of upgrade or does the crab use it whenever it enters combat? Also, what counts as "small" units? Do only Gnarlings and Blood Imps deal extra damage to the crab when it is enlarged, or does this hold true for, say, Bafus as well?

mastersam911

Firebreather
Aug 18, 2013
Look abilties are up for changes I wasn't sure, just trying to add beast creatures to the Empire, it is an empire afterall.

Jan 3, 2013
I actually thought of mediocre crab with slightly large claws, sitting inside of the water and occasionally grabbing slow and stupid creatures near the bridge.

Evi

Witch Doctor
WFTO Backer
Nov 14, 2011
Empire units won't have any animals (even hybrids) just human units.
I might not be able to go over this suggestion, but I just gotta shout out at you for this right here.
Dwarves aren't human and neither are elves. Humanoid, yes, but I wouldn't call them humans.

I might not be able to go over this suggestion, but I just gotta shout out at you for this right here.
Dwarves aren't human and neither are elves. Humanoid, yes, but I wouldn't call them humans.
I meant animal and animal-human hybrids... Dwarves and elves are human hybrids, so humanoid, but aren't animals. That's why I said that. I thought sometimes many humanoids walks on our Earth, but we call them people too... Especially that we have more and more lemmings. ;)

Jan 3, 2013
Humanoids stands for type, not the race. The ones you listed ( we know they are fictional, right? ) are races of Humanoid type. Everything else, be it a beast, fish, or anything else probably won't be in Empire's Unit Roster, due to simply being non-humanoid entity.

mastersam911

Firebreather
Aug 18, 2013
Why can't the Empire have Pets?

Afterall its an empire they would of captured a few beasts of sorts and cultivated them so they would obey their empire masters.

Why can't the Empire have Pets?

Afterall its an empire they would of captured a few beasts of sorts and cultivated them so they would obey their empire masters.
I though about Gryphons, but rather more Gryphon Raider would fit a World, but more the Overworld an Underworld. Empire is creating basing on real, medieval times, there were nothing more than people on horses. The people of Empire are noble warriors, steel and magic don't need creatures, they kill creatures, to get the gold from the Underworld. Dungeon Keeper series have aim the divide two sides for minions/creatures/monsters and human, that's maybe any similar to DK game doesn't have animals/pets when it comes ocomes fight against Underworld's creatures.

Ben Chandler

Impassibly Cool
WFTO Backer
Jan 23, 2013
Erm, in medieval times, hounds were used in almost every fighting situation. There is no reason why empire shouldn't have beast units. Especially since the game makes a clear difference between intelligent units and beasts, I think it'd be a waste to not have the main enemy utilising multiple unit types.

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
Erm, in medieval times, hounds were used in almost every fighting situation. There is no reason why empire shouldn't have beast units. Especially since the game makes a clear difference between intelligent units and beasts, I think it'd be a waste to not have the main enemy utilising multiple unit types.
yea some kind of magical hunting hound (regular dogs perhaps to plain) would be nice as these adventurers are here to find dungeon cores hidden in the realms and destroy them and the minions of the Under-lords before they cause to much damage, having some kind of hero beast sniffing out evil minions and guiding the empire forces would be fine with me.

I remember reading that dungeons and dragons had blink hounds who could teleport around, these would be great beast scouts and trackers, kind of like the Skarg who leaps over the heads of enemies and reach those at the back

From one of the Livestream transcript:
Will there be a cat or dog unit?

No, those are kind of boring?

Well... Just animals don't fit for me to the game under ground, more likely in the overworld, like I plan in mod to add wolf-like units or gryphons... but no crabs unless someone would make satisfied hybrid or something. Any sea climats weren't is this kind of the game, but in suitable mod why not.

Last edited:

Evi

Witch Doctor
WFTO Backer
Nov 14, 2011
Humanoids stands for type, not the race. The ones you listed ( we know they are fictional, right? ) are races of Humanoid type. Everything else, be it a beast, fish, or anything else probably won't be in Empire's Unit Roster, due to simply being non-humanoid entity.
Gee, thanks for clarifying what I already knew that Humanoid stood for.
Gee, yes I know they're fictional, that's why I said they're not human but humanoid, mind telling me something I don't know?

So the Empire won't accept outside help from other races that might not be humanoid because... They're not humanoid? So the 'goodly' Empire is racist, good to know!

Anyways, for the suggestion itself, I myself aren't really sure of a giant crab being used by the Empire.
Maybe rabid dogs that ate children that stole apples and animalish folk. 'Heroes' come in so many colours, I would imagine the Empire would at least try to get something to help them out.

Jan 3, 2013
Gee, thanks for clarifying what I already knew that Humanoid stood for.
Gee, yes I know they're fictional, that's why I said they're not human but humanoid, mind telling me something I don't know?

So the Empire won't accept outside help from other races that might not be humanoid because... They're not humanoid? So the 'goodly' Empire is racist, good to know!

Anyways, for the suggestion itself, I myself aren't really sure of a giant crab being used by the Empire.
Maybe rabid dogs that ate children that stole apples and animalish folk. 'Heroes' come in so many colours, I would imagine the Empire would at least try to get something to help them out.
It may sound as racism, but it makes sense Knights and Guards don't form pacts with mushrooms and rats. If Empire will have a Beast Master who will come with wolves, bears or anything else, then it will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom