1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ending?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blueglory, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Blueglory

Blueglory Blood Imp

I'm new to this forum, and I really only signed up to ask this question...

What's with the original campaign's ending? Did I miss something? Is there more to it that I missed? Why does Heart of Gold seem to ignore that ending? Does it really end with Mendechaus's betrayal? Or is there more after that that I missed?

2. Noontide

Noontide Award Winning Community Manager Dev Team

Provided you saw the betrayal of Mendechaus, the destruction of your Home Realm Core and the Emperor's death followed by the short "Welcome back, Overseer" cinematic then you have seen the entire ending. That's the end of Oberon's story so far but I'm sure we'll return to it at some point.

In all honestly we're not too happy with how the ending turned out, we were so heavily pressed during production that we didn't really get to flesh it out as we would like. We might return to it in the future.

As for Heart of Gold, it is set after the events of War for the Overworld but from the perspective of a different Underlord, whether she's aware of Mendechaus' betrayal is never made clear but it seems unlikely that Mendechaus would share such details with any Underlord, it'd probably not go down well. Plus overall one could say the way it turned out is a bit of an embarrassment to him.

3. Blueglory

Blueglory Blood Imp

I see... still, it makes mention of Lucius being defeated, which if the outro cinemetic is anything to go by, he'd have returned to rule as a tyrant. Is this 'Overseer' bit going to be the final expansion? I hope so, I want to know how Oberon's story ends.