• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

enemy keepers/lords insulting us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
okay I was playing Dungeon keeper 1 and my speakers are wrecked big time but got some earphones to plusg in and for the first time I heard an enemy keeper say stuff like "my dungeon is the finest around" and "your corpse shall feed my minions"

Also in DK2 there is a level with like 4 enemy keeprs (I think 4 anyway) they all have names and they each talk about how great they are and how they are going to crush everyone else which adds some personality to otherwise faceless AI which was a good touch.

So just felt like asking in WTFO will each keeper talk a little smack to us, will the enemy lord or whatever leader the empire will have on the level cursing us for being evil and to leave the realm, it adds a little bit of immersion and I think it would be great if each new lord and keeper had a differant voice and each deliver a bond one liner.

edit note: what do you guys and girls think would be some good dialogue for enemy under lords and what would be some nice phrases for the empire if you was the designer doing a little brainstorming.

Amon

Huntress
Apr 14, 2012
Somewhere
subterraneangames.com
"You poor, idiotic fool! What hope do you think you have against me! I am the ultimate power in this land, and I will not allow a snivelling wretch like yourself to best me!" The first Hero Lord you face (is actually rather pathetic himself, easily beaten). Wrath A.I

"I am almost surprised... that arrogant fool actually managed to put a dent in your Gnarling's armour. A shame, really, that he had to die so easily... He would have been great fun in the Torture Chamber..." Mentor quote upon kicking the arse of the first Hero Lord.

Dec 29, 2012
"Oh whats this? a rival in my realm? Your halls shall be slick with the blood of your followers and your blood will only serve to feed me more power. When the black clouds black out the sun and the legions of the underworld march upon the soil of the overworld, it will be your shadow cast over the land but MINE!! "

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
"Your mother is a micro-piglet; and your father smells of elderberries" (Franko-Daemonic Proverb)

"You DARE bring a light into my lai- *cough* my dungeon? You must die!" (iCD The Legend of Zelda)

" I have seen entire Empires rise and fall. I have seen the ever-constant struggle between the armies of the High Heavens and the Abyssal Hell. I have seen the very fires of the maker reducing everything to ashes. And today, I will see to your destruction."

May 24, 2013
Been playing through both the DKs and in the second one I had some laughs. Notification pops up and it was something like "impressive that you can play this late, NOW GO TO BED!". I also like when he says "your minions are in owe of your dungeon" or "your floor is lumpy, keeper, tell your minions to jump up and down".

Of course I got those quotes wrong, but stuff like that would be wonderful in WFTO.

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
Been playing through both the DKs and in the second one I had some laughs. Notification pops up and it was something like "impressive that you can play this late, NOW GO TO BED!". I also like when he says "your minions are in owe of your dungeon" or "your floor is lumpy, keeper, tell your minions to jump up and down".

Of course I got those quotes wrong, but stuff like that would be wonderful in WFTO.
That was always good, loved how I got accused of being a pervert because I had to many Mistress, I mean I want to convert my enemies asap so prison and torture chamber and my portal was always flooded by leather clad psycho women.

also:

the start where every keeper has a quick line was so great here, I was the first guy, turtle and train then... "I WILL KILL YOU ALL!"

Jan 3, 2013
Dialog means there's a need for some extra voice-over action. I hope team has a guy or two to do that.

Question is : Will it be like in DK1 - sometimes random taunts coming out of nowhere, or DK2 - taunts at the beginning of the level? Hero Lords/Ladies do apply too.

In my opinion game could use both, it would be neat to have.

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
Dialog means there's a need for some extra voice-over action. I hope team has a guy or two to do that.

Question is : Will it be like in DK1 - sometimes random taunts coming out of nowhere, or DK2 - taunts at the beginning of the level? Hero Lords/Ladies do apply too.

In my opinion game could use both, it would be neat to have.
yep both would be great, have a summary of the level by Ridings Dk2 style, then the enemy at the start of the level trash talks a bit then every so often we may get a random insult or two, perhaps in a campaign level you reach a new road block like say a wall of traps and you need to find a way round, que an enemy underlord saying "what you gonna do now looser?" then "How the hell did you get past my defence, come at me bro!"

...something like that :rolleyes:

also in Dk1 yesterday I had like 20 imps by my dungeon heart smoking and generally just chilling and an enemy keeper cast sigh of evil an thunder bolted them all in one shot, que insane laughter at me which I thought was a nice touch... shame tht I made a bunch of Vampires from the corpses though :cool:

Tommonius

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 15, 2012
Wolverhampton
Don't insult RR's talent by making him say come at my bro, please for the love of (un)holy gods.
Well I said Richard Ridings would do the pre game intro in that example. Also in my first example I noted it would be great if individual underlords and empire comander had a differant voice.

Oh and obviously no one would say "come at me bro" more like "impetuous fool, you seek to lay ME low? I underlord Garland will knock you all down!"

Maybe Ridings could do say random humourous comments in the game like when you are on the game to long or have to many succubi.

adiing this to the misc section hope to see more ;)
was wondering when you would show up and add it :D

May 24, 2013
... I mean I want to convert my enemies asap so prison and torture chamber and my portal was always flooded by leather clad psycho women...
Yeah, I would tell myself the same thing ;)

In addition to taunts, or random keeper sayings, you should totally mess with the player with some random noise cues. Like walls breaking or something like that. They would have to be very spread out to achieve maximum effect. Like once per couple of levels or something.

In DK2 I got 'your prisoner are escaping' - I think, 'WHAT?!' go over there...I didn't even have any prisoners (or now that I think about it, I guess they did escape) hahah. Also heard some random digging in walls and made me second guess where I was digging. But then found it was just my imps digging. Maybe I really did need to go to bed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom